With days of SEOAL numbered, Jackson looking for new league

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: With days of SEOAL numbered, Jackson looking for new lea

Post by Orange and Brown »

Viking96 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:You really don't have any chance.........

If Jackson would get enough votes then so would Warren if they applied, I would like to see Jackson in the league but I just don't see it happening.

I think NY is tired of playing Athens for the TVC Ohio title every year so you could get a yes from NY with the thought of adding a 3rd division. But the idea of just adding 4 teams just because they need a home is silly to me.
Add 2 teams, Jackson and Warren then have 3 six team divisions and call it a day.
The divisions can be set up initially by school size. NY can play Trimble week 10 like it should be and everyone is happy.
I really don't think it will happen but to me that's the best scenario.
Does nelsonville York still have they're weight room and wrestling mats on above the bleachers in the gym? They're used to be cages up there , very intimidating .
Nope! They have a nice new weight room and a wrestling room as well.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Nelsonville york and jackson football programs are almost mirror images of each other

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Viking96 wrote:Nelsonville york and jackson football programs are almost mirror images of each other
I think they both have a lot of tradition and community support, Jackson seems to put something in the water though cause they always have some big boys lol

I would like to see NY play Jackson in football as well as other sports.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

DP ..I think you need 12 yes votes. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure its 3/4. I think you would have a 10% chance by yourself and a 9% chance as a group. Lol

This is a complete guess by me but I'd say in terms of Jackson alone...

Athens, Alex, NY, Southern, Miller, Wellston, South Gallia, Waterford, Eastern, River Valley all vote yes for their own personal reasons.

VC, Meigs, Belpre, and Fed Hock will all vote no.

Wahama and Trimble could go either way.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Just seems to me that Jackson and Warren are a good fit, Logan has no chance, why would the smaller schools not want a Jackson to come in, they probably would not play them anyway yearlt

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Prince of Darkness wrote:I think Jackson and Warren's only realistic option is the TVC. A three divisions of six teams set-up would be ideal,

No it wouldn't......the reason we have so much playoff participation in football is because our divisions have big numbers. We get points every week from beating each other. If you reduce division size, you lose that advantage. Of course you could go to three divisions in all sports except football but the powers that be havent figured out that possibility yet.

Wahama will vote a resounding NO on any proposal that ends in 3 football divisions.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BadVlad27 wrote:Ironman-Jackson would be Burgs only challenge in baseball? You obviously don't know how competitive SOC II is in baseball. Yes, Burg is the team to beat most years, but to say Jackson would be the only challenge for them is far from the truth.
My apologies for my ignorance. I didn't mean to short change anyone and going thru all the sports I'm sure I missed a few excellent programs (Waverly baseball for example)...no harm intended.

I look for Jackson football and Jackson baseball to be about the same level for the next decade...baseball might even end up the more successful program.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Viking96 wrote:Nelsonville york and jackson football programs are almost mirror images of each other
I think they both have a lot of tradition and community support, Jackson seems to put something in the water though cause they always have some big boys lol

I would like to see NY play Jackson in football as well as other sports.
Our water is overloaded with 5'10 Irish heritage athletes. We've had some big ones but the vast majority of JHS history our top all-around athletes have been the 5'10 guys. Should be a good run of size though for a while.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Dundas wrote:DP ..I think you need 12 yes votes. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure its 3/4. I think you would have a 10% chance by yourself and a 9% chance as a group. Lol

This is a complete guess by me but I'd say in terms of Jackson alone...

Athens, Alex, NY, Southern, Miller, Wellston, South Gallia, Waterford, Eastern, River Valley all vote yes for their own personal reasons.

VC, Meigs, Belpre, and Fed Hock will all vote no.

Wahama and Trimble could go either way.
Wellston would NOT!! vote yes for Jackson or Warren. In fact there is talk of possibly dropping Jackson off the schedule

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If wellston were to be in the middle division WITHOUT warren or Jackson, they would vote yes. Its an easy way to get away from Athens.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Viking96 wrote:Our water is overloaded with 5'10 Irish heritage athletes. We've had some big ones but the vast majority of JHS history our top all-around athletes have been the 5'10 guys. Should be a good run of size though for a while.
Irish - Athletes = isn't that an oxymoron?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not really.

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Ironman-No hard feelings, just bragging about SOC II baseball a bit, that's all 8) Jackson does have a lot of talent coming up on the diamond, a lot to look forward to for you as a Jackson fan!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Titletown TVC wrote:
Prince of Darkness wrote:I think Jackson and Warren's only realistic option is the TVC. A three divisions of six teams set-up would be ideal,

No it wouldn't......the reason we have so much playoff participation in football is because our divisions have big numbers. We get points every week from beating each other. If you reduce division size, you lose that advantage. Of course you could go to three divisions in all sports except football but the powers that be havent figured out that possibility yet.

Wahama will vote a resounding NO on any proposal that ends in 3 football divisions.
This. I tried to explain during the last big debate that the Hocking schools have ZERO reason to screw with the setups. The division is virtually guaranteed 3 playoff spots every year and for small schools with a general lack of historical football success, that is a pretty good deal. Add the fact that Trimble has accomplished unprecedented heights for that group of schools and there is just no reason to upset the cart.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

HSFBFAN wrote:
Dundas wrote:The TVC likes two divisions of 7 and 9? Even if they don't add anyone, you would think the logical thing would be to even out the divisions. 6-10 or 8-8.
No one from the Hocking division is willing to move to the Ohio division and no one from the Ohio is willing to move to the Hocking except River Valley. But, since River Valley and South Gallia are both part of the Gallia County school district their superintendent won't allow them to be in the same division.
The rule that SG and RV can't play is no longer in effect. The former superintendent did not want the two schools to play but there is a new superintendent. The 2 schools are actually scheduled in every sport this year except football. The main reason RV shouldn't be in the Hocking comes down to enrollment as they are much larger than other Hocking schools.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

HSFBFAN wrote:
Dundas wrote:The TVC likes two divisions of 7 and 9? Even if they don't add anyone, you would think the logical thing would be to even out the divisions. 6-10 or 8-8.
No one from the Hocking division is willing to move to the Ohio division and no one from the Ohio is willing to move to the Hocking except River Valley. But, since River Valley and South Gallia are both part of the Gallia County school district their superintendent won't allow them to be in the same division.
The rule that SG and RV can't play is no longer in effect. The former superintendent did not want the two schools to play but there is a new superintendent. The 2 schools are actually scheduled in every sport this year except football. The main reason RV shouldn't be in the Hocking comes down to enrollment as they are much larger than other Hocking schools.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Would it improve Jackson's chances for being admitted to a league if they were independent or joined another league for football only? Would Jackson be willing to do that?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I mentioned this on the Warren thread. The thing I would look at is who plays Jackson from the TVC Ohio? Wellston and Athens ( if the schedule lets us) are the only ones that come to mind---that should tell you something. If they don't want to play you now---it's pretty likely they won't vote for your admittance.

I don't see anybody backing the 3 divisions---and if it is split up the middle one becomes a nightmare---I don't see Fed or Belpre wanting in it---I don't see Miller voting for anything that doesn't have them playing Trimble---Has any of the schools in the 3rd division beaten Wahama in football in the last 10 years?

I see the Supers learning a lesson from the SEOAL about expansion. I would predict teams being booted out before the league accepting any new members. :)

Return to “Football”