Portsmouth Coaching Job

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth Coaching Job

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have not read any of this latter part was there a change.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

gallipolis has some ties that may be candidates for the job. Former OC Jim Niday if he wants to get back into coaching -- provide experience and Current OC Jared Mccllend has been a head cosch before, current alexander HC Alex Penrod could want to get back in the area and was an applicant last time around

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I heard West Coach has been approached about the job and has a great deal of interest in it.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

That doesn't surprise me.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

What about Josh Matiz the D-coach @ Minford? Wasn't he a PHS Grad? He would make an excellent HC @ PHS. :idea:

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

Portsmouth west coach moves 3 miles East.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

I would not understand at all why the West coach would even think of the Portsmouth job. I think he in a much better place and football community right now.

dr3737
Waterboy

Post by dr3737 »

game day wrote:I heard West Coach has been approached about the job and has a great deal of interest in it.
DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dr3737
Waterboy

Post by dr3737 »

dirt_cinders wrote:I would not understand at all why the West coach would even think of the Portsmouth job. I think he in a much better place and football community right now.
:122245 :122245 :122245

Oaks_Fan_06
Waterboy

Post by Oaks_Fan_06 »

In the twelfth month the angel Shaffer was sent from Captain Trojan to a city of Ohio named Portsmouth, to the school district whose mascot was the Trojan, of the house of Troy. And the man he saw was the AD. And he came to him and said, “Greetings, O favored one, Captain Trojan is with you!” But he was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, sire, for you have found favor with Captain Trojan. And behold, you will have in your office and a man and his son, and you shall call these men Johnson. They will be great and will be called the Champions. And the Football Gods will give to them the throne that was once Shaffer's, and they will reign over the house of Clifford forever, and of this rule there will be no end.”

And the AD said to the angel, “How will this be, since they are currently 3 miles west?”

And the angel answered him, “The Trojan Spirit will come upon you when you meet them, and the power of the Elders will overshadow you; therefore the man to be hired will be called Ben—the Son of Dan. And behold, your facilities are better than theirs, and this was the sixth season of play in the Coliseum. The first game played here was a victory over the Senators.” And the AD said, “Behold, I am the servant of Captain Trojan; let it be to me according to your will.” And the angel departed from his office.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Check that box on your criteria sheet - Portsmouth has better facilities.
Are there more boxes to check off ? I would hope so...

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

dirt_cinders wrote:I would not understand at all why the West coach would even think of the Portsmouth job. I think he in a much better place and football community right now.
Better facilities and better players!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Don't pay attention to some of the stuff you read on here. Some just like to try and start trouble.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

N4da'score wrote:What about Josh Matiz the D-coach @ Minford? Wasn't he a PHS Grad? He would make an excellent HC @ PHS. :idea:
I talked to Josh after the Minford and Portsmouth game in 2013 about the West job. He told me he did not want to be a head coach. If he would've applied he would've been highly considered.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

With all else aside, any word when PHS will start the process of interviewing and hiring a new coach?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

The West coach would leave in a heartbeat for the right job, don't kid yourselves! :lol:

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

game day wrote:
Better facilities and better players!
WOW, with an exclamation point even....Somebody is still a little sore.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

dirt_cinders wrote:Check that box on your criteria sheet - Portsmouth has better facilities.
You may want to hold off on checking that box. If what I have heard is true PHS facilities need an overhaul.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

noles_fan wrote:
dirt_cinders wrote:Check that box on your criteria sheet - Portsmouth has better facilities.
You may want to hold off on checking that box. If what I have heard is true PHS facilities need an overhaul.
What kind of overhaul? Maintenance or fixing something that wasn't properly done? Kind of like the large stones in the endzone that needed pads.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Who got the job?

Return to “Football”