Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Post by wobycat »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
wobycat wrote:I sat on the home side last year at nelsoville, and hands down the Hartley fans, which was pretty much the family of the kids playing, were the rudest people you've ever come across. No class at all. So that response is not surprising.
Then sit with the classy fans of Wheelersburg this week. Not sure what made Hartley fans rude and classless.
Seems like your just taking random shots at Hartley hoping to make people resent Hartley more.
Their arrogance.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:
falcon01 wrote:I have no idea how to even respond to that last post. Wow
Respond with some football analysis. Slogans and school spirit and vague statements and discussion about all the non-football things, well that's fun and all, but I'm more interested in hearing about your team. Hartley beat DeSales who beat Jackson who beat Burg. Sure the transitive property of football doesn't always work but there is a logic to it. Explain Jackson's 27 and what was unusual that night or where you failed and what you've fixed since then. Then your goose egg. Think and talk like a coach breaking down the game film. It's more interesting than chest thumping.

Here's an example from our side. Our corners can be beat and for big gains. They give a step or two and then struggle to get it back. When the ball is in the air, they don't seem to see it. They don't seem to be able to get vertical and knock it down like the guys could last year. DeSales scored on a long pass. St Clairsville scored on a long pass. Both are very good teams that were able to exploit this weakness. Explain how you can do the same and more often. A not a simple "we just will" or "any given Friday" to take advantage of this particular weakness and hit big on long throws your expectations have to be built on proven experience. You beat Ironton and Valley, both very good teams. Did you have any success in those games throwing the ball?

That's all run and shoot was asking for. Analysis, evidence, and conclusion. String one together.
We have had success throwing the ball. It has mostly been set up by the run but if the WR's have an advatage we will spread it out and throw the ball more. We aren't one dimensional. We had success against Ironton and Valley throwing the ball. As for the Jackson game...... We threw the ball well and seemed to stop as we got closer to the redzone. Dropped pass in the endzone. Two failed 4th and 1 attempts. And Jackson exploited our weakness in the run defense. Since then the coaching staff has made some changes but we also got a couple key players back that has helped with that. Our pass defense is questionable at best. Seems like we do better when we know it's coming on 3rd and long situations. Good pressure up the middle. Linebackers key pretty well and wrap up. Corners can tackle well. O line is big, physical and in shape. We like the hurry up offense. Anything else?

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

A lot of trash talking going on by both sides. Since this is a southern Ohio forum more so from the Burg people but central Ohio people are definitely doing their share.

The past 24 hours has been very amusing to me! A lot of people associated with the team are making some very strong statements. I looking forward to the game! It should be interesting.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Anything else?
No. That was awesome. That previous posting was intended in jest. Football discussion everywhere and at every level drifts away from the main thread from time to time and a good spirit of competitiveness can get abrasive at times. I was just poking fun. I was nice enough to not throw in a fake rant about visitor side restrooms.

Let's have a great game.

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

[quote="danicalifornia"]Game will be played at Chillicothe. Have fun with the parking situation.[/quote]

Don't know if you were at Desales/Jackson last week, but I heard several compliments on the parking arrangements we established. Opened up some new areas for parking and was able to park everyone with no issues! Why would you want to say anything negative about a school in your community getting to host a game at this level?

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

wobycat wrote:I sat on the home side last year at nelsoville, and hands down the Hartley fans, which was pretty much the family of the kids playing, were the rudest people you've ever come across. No class at all. So that response is not surprising.
My kids graduated years ago. I still go to the games. There's something honest about high school football that gets lost at the higher levels.

Every team has a rude bunch, and I remember the ones at Nelsonville and could name names but that's a no-no here. But it's a fair criticism.

We're generally well behaved so long as the zebras haven't just tossed a flag on one of our players temporarily losing discipline and doing something stupid. We boo. As much as anyone else. That's normal.

Last year at that game, a group of Liberty Union players entered the bleachers on the Hartley side. We gave them a standing ovation. It wasn't anything planned or discussed in advance. It just kinda happened spontaneously. If a similar group of Burg players had done the same up at Mansfield, we would have probably done the same. I'd never seen that before, but I think it shows that many of us have some class. We've got enthusiasm for our team, but this coach and the prior two are very clear that he, his staff, his team, and his fans need to show respect for all of our opponents. We'd like to silence the loud and rude jerks. Especially when they are criticizing our coaches and players from the bleachers.

It happens. Sorry you bumped into the wrong few.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good post. And at least it proves I wasn't making it up. It's true, every fan base has their share.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:
My kids graduated years ago. I still go to the games. There's something honest about high school football that gets lost at the higher levels.

Every team has a rude bunch, and I remember the ones at Nelsonville and could name names but that's a no-no here. But it's a fair criticism.

We're generally well behaved so long as the zebras haven't just tossed a flag on one of our players temporarily losing discipline and doing something stupid. We boo. As much as anyone else. That's normal.

Last year at that game, a group of Liberty Union players entered the bleachers on the Hartley side. We gave them a standing ovation. It wasn't anything planned or discussed in advance. It just kinda happened spontaneously. If a similar group of Burg players had done the same up at Mansfield, we would have probably done the same. I'd never seen that before, but I think it shows that many of us have some class. We've got enthusiasm for our team, but this coach and the prior two are very clear that he, his staff, his team, and his fans need to show respect for all of our opponents. We'd like to silence the loud and rude jerks. Especially when they are criticizing our coaches and players from the bleachers.

It happens. Sorry you bumped into the wrong few.
Wow. I can't believe how much different this thread is than last week. Hey sap, if you wanna see something funny check out last weeks thread. :lol:

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

GOOD LUCK to the PIRATES this week, Hartley is no easy task.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Cal preps has Hartley as 8 pt favorite.

Pirates will win this game.

spchapman19
Waterboy

Post by spchapman19 »

Hartley is a heck of a team they are very physical up front and they can run the ball all over anyone but since Wheelersburg lost 27-0 to Jackson they have been a lights out team they can beat the Hawks but they need to play their very best game they will be ready to go come play saturday so lets see if burg can stop the monster.

goodluck Pirates make seo proud

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

pirates have some balance with run/pass. can the coaches keep the balance? they seemed to lose it during the second qtr vs ironton. defense is better but still unknown if they can stop major run threat between the tackles. jackson knew they could run and kept running. hartley knows they can run and will keep running. will be fun to watch.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Here it is!! 100% Burg all the way! They Will Shock the Hawks with their speed. Burg Stops their Running Game. Gets key Defensive Stops and..........
Will be a Great Game by BOTH teams!

Burg by 14!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Sport Fan wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
wobycat wrote:It's easy to have great players when you can choose your players. Hartley is not a community, where kids grow up together, playing together. They are strategically placed team of all stars. Imagine if burg could add welch from west, Rolfe from valley, Robinson from Portsmouth, madden from minford, just to name a few. That's what Hartley has done, but their days are numbered when they will be bumped up due to the new rules. Then we will see how that works out. The burg can beat Hartley. It's going to take a great effort, but west showed awhile back that the king of the recruiting hill can be brought down.

Let's go pirates!
Yeah because no one has ever transferred to Wheelersburg for sports have they? :lol: :lol:

Oaf you talk much, however have nothing to say worth meaning... Name one!!!!
Are you seriously saying no kids have transferred to Burg to play football or basketball through the years? I could name dozens and dozens from the last 30 years. Are you serious with this post?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to have long sustained drives that come away with points. They don't won't to turn this in to a shootout. Last year the defense didn't stop BH one time. This year they need to make that happen and not let the game get out of hand.

They moved the ball against Hartley last year but shot themselves in the foot 2-3 times, fumble by Eddie deep ion hartley territory and INT in the end zone on a HB pass that shouldn't of been thrown.

The difference with the Burg last year and this is that Burg can line up in the power I and run the ball behind that big OL or they can spread you out and hit some short passes or the QB can tuck it and run. They are definitely not one dimensional like last year.

Here's to a good clean injury free game. To bad Burg got hit by the injury bug this past game but good teams find a way to overcome obstacles like that and find a way to move on.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I bet Oaf and CG were at the Ribber together last night.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I can't wait til Da' Burg shuts all of Ohio up. SEO football is alive. We can play with anyone. We will show up and fight tooth and nail come hell or high water.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Wow!! Unbelievable statements!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BB #26 wrote:Wow!! Unbelievable statements!!
:122246

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:I don't think the Wheelersburg fans know what they're in for. I'm just going to guess that most of the fans haven't seen Hartley play this season. The team is not very big, but they are physical and smart. Hartley has been battle tested all season which is going to be the difference. Wheelersburgs only test was Jackson, who man handled them. I just don't see Wheelersburg getting enough stops to be in this game. I also think the Hartley defense will surprise you. They have really stepped it up this year.

BLA BLA BLA...

Return to “Football”