#4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

ncbucki
Waterboy

Re: #4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Post by ncbucki »

DeSales TD. 2pt attempt failed. Athens 46-20.

ncbucki
Waterboy

Post by ncbucki »

Burrow to Williams for TD. Athens 52-20. 3rd xp kick that has failed. 2 mins or so to go.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congrats to Athens on an impressive victory.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations Athens Bulldogs

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Which region they get in the semi.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Nothing I would enjoy more than see the Bulldogs win two more and bring that title to SE Ohio

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Nice bulldogs.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Way to go athens! 2 seo teams bring home regional titles tonight.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Final?

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

52-20

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:I think DeSales has an outside chance. I don't see Williams running on that defense like he's run on everybody else. And I think DeSales can rattle Burrow, if they have their heads on straight. I'm counting the Steuby win as a fluke because they are arrogant jerks and they were at home and all that Roll Red Roll crap was getting into the kids' heads. Other than TV, they haven't been tested, and TV rattled Burrow. They didn't have the stamina to do it for four quarters, but DeSales does. They win the head-to-head on strength and conditioning. They win on the line, too. Probably a little smaller, but they always play bigger. If you doubt that, get in the trenches yourself. Shut down Williams. Pressure Burrow. Tom Herman has already scouted the guy, and he's hedging his bets with Gibson. I love a traditional drop-back pocket dude, but the game has passed this type by. If DeSales can do for four quarters (and I think they can) what TV did for one quarter, then this is a whole new ballgame. You got three guys down field, and you've got one second to read the best option. Burrow takes two seconds. Sorry, Bucks. He'll be awesome at signaling the plays. And he'll be a great coach some day. But, this game? A real test. Keep them under 30, and it's a contest with the Stallions having the edge. 17 year old kids. Psychology. I hate that it's a factor, but it is.
Wow they really rattled Burrow!! :122246 Joe Burrow 319 yards passing 5 Td and 135 rushing yards with 2 TD's, Trae Williams 1 running TD and 1 receiving. Both sides of the ball and special teams came through for the bulldogs. Athens county proud, now it's the Tomcat's turn.
Last edited by buckfever on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congratulations to the Bulldogs on a historic win for the program. So much for Calpreps and their prediction of a one point victory for Athens. At least they got the win right. :122245 Best of luck next week to the Bulldogs, you are on a mission, wish you the best.

And some of the silly, asinine things that got posted on this thread this week about Desales being in a different league than a SE Ohio team. Well, that has been answered. Quite a few showed their ignorance and disdain this past week, and I am sure that they will again this week.

And I can't close this post without mentioning that some bitter, disparaging, crotchety old man has been conspicuously absent with his belittling comments about SEO football. Hard to criticize these SE Ohio teams when they are thumping the "northern" ohio teams like Athens did tonight. Just sayin'.

Again, congrats to the Bulldogs and wish you the best next week!

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Which region does athens get in the semis?

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Congrats from Marietta!!

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Found it. Region 7.
AKR. ST. VINCENT-ST MARY (11 - 2)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Steely Dan wrote:Congratulations to the Bulldogs on a historic win for the program. So much for Calpreps and their prediction of a one point victory for Athens. At least they got the win right. :122245 Best of luck next week to the Bulldogs, you are on a mission, wish you the best.

And some of the silly, asinine things that got posted on this thread this week about Desales being in a different league than a SE Ohio team. Well, that has been answered. Quite a few showed their ignorance and disdain this past week, and I am sure that they will again this week.

And I can't close this post without mentioning that some bitter, disparaging, crotchety old man has been conspicuously absent with his belittling comments about SEO football. Hard to criticize these SE Ohio teams when they are thumping the "northern" ohio teams like Athens did tonight. Just sayin'.

Our "friend" Paladin won't be showing up for awhile. The piles of crow he has on his plate to consume would cause a choking hazard. :lol: :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

bman wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Congratulations to the Bulldogs on a historic win for the program. So much for Calpreps and their prediction of a one point victory for Athens. At least they got the win right. :122245 Best of luck next week to the Bulldogs, you are on a mission, wish you the best.

Our "friend" Paladin won't be showing up for awhile. The piles of crow he has on his plate to consume would cause a choking hazard. :lol: :lol:
Thank you bman. Those piles are going to take a long, long time to digest!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

That's how you silence naysayers....Let your play on the field do the talking....Congrats on another big win and your continued success as you march on to your ultimate goal...

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Great job wow hung 52 on desales.thats scary..Go Tvc

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

NY BUCKS wrote:Great job wow hung 52 on desales.thats scary..Go Tvc
I have to admit I'm a little surprised by the margin of victory, but very happy for Athens.

Return to “Football”