#4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

courier
All Conference

Re: #4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Post by courier »

93Bulldog wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Trying to get teams 3 and 4 in tomorrow, Bulldog. :mrgreen: The Wheelersburg Pirates and Trimble...
It's been a looooong night ... lol

Thanks for the reminder.

No worries...Congrats!! Keep rollin'!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Greygoose wrote:Athens 403 yards at half.

Seriously? 403 yards at half by Athens? Is this the same DeSales team that Oaf said would win Region 9 and sent me a PM that said he take DeSales and 2k? He is a joke!!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Steely Dan wrote:Congratulations to the Bulldogs on a historic win for the program. So much for Calpreps and their prediction of a one point victory for Athens. At least they got the win right. :122245 Best of luck next week to the Bulldogs, you are on a mission, wish you the best.

And some of the silly, asinine things that got posted on this thread this week about Desales being in a different league than a SE Ohio team. Well, that has been answered. Quite a few showed their ignorance and disdain this past week, and I am sure that they will again this week.

And I can't close this post without mentioning that some bitter, disparaging, crotchety old man has been conspicuously absent with his belittling comments about SEO football. Hard to criticize these SE Ohio teams when they are thumping the "northern" ohio teams like Athens did tonight. Just sayin'.

Again, congrats to the Bulldogs and wish you the best next week!

+1

No other place on earth suffers from "little man" syndrome than 75% of Southern OHIO. Sad!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

buckhunter740 wrote:Props to coach Adams and his staff. There are a lot of teams that have raw talent but you can't make a playoff run without coaching. Athens has a bunch of gifted athletes and the football staff's coaching has risen to match the talent on the field. This is a well prepared team. Over the years Athens always had decent basketball and baseball programs and football lagged behind. Because of the job Adams has done Athens is definitely now a football school.

Now I hope the Tomcats can keep this Athens County run going!

+1 Go Tomcats on Saturday!!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Two missing yahoo's, the OAF and Pali-dork!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

"I think I'll stick around so I can watch you set yourself on fire as region 9 unfolds", Oaf when all he wanted to do was trash SE Ohio and Athens, and pick DeSales as the #1 in Region 9, weeks ago

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If Burrow doesn't win Mr. Football. I don't see SE Ohio ever winning . To have this type of game against a fine program like DeSales should seal it.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to the Bulldogs.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

bman wrote:If Burrow doesn't win Mr. Football. I don't see SE Ohio ever winning . To have this type of game against a fine program like DeSales should seal it.
It was big Lj Scott lost to St V.

john
Waterboy

Post by john »

Football fan wrote:
buckfever wrote:
Sapientia et Veritas wrote:I think DeSales has an outside chance. I don't see Williams running on that defense like he's run on everybody else. And I think DeSales can rattle Burrow, if they have their heads on straight. I'm counting the Steuby win as a fluke because they are arrogant jerks and they were at home and all that Roll Red Roll crap was getting into the kids' heads. Other than TV, they haven't been tested, and TV rattled Burrow. They didn't have the stamina to do it for four quarters, but DeSales does. They win the head-to-head on strength and conditioning. They win on the line, too. Probably a little smaller, but they always play bigger. If you doubt that, get in the trenches yourself. Shut down Williams. Pressure Burrow. Tom Herman has already scouted the guy, and he's hedging his bets with Gibson. I love a traditional drop-back pocket dude, but the game has passed this type by. If DeSales can do for four quarters (and I think they can) what TV did for one quarter, then this is a whole new ballgame. You got three guys down field, and you've got one second to read the best option. Burrow takes two seconds. Sorry, Bucks. He'll be awesome at signaling the plays. And he'll be a great coach some day. But, this game? A real test. Keep them under 30, and it's a contest with the Stallions having the edge. 17 year old kids. Psychology. I hate that it's a factor, but it is.
Wow they really rattled Burrow!! :122246 Joe Burrow 319 yards passing 5 Td and 105(maybe more) Running yards with 2 TD's, Trae Williams 1 running TD and 1 receiving. Both sides of the ball and special teams came through for the bulldogs. Athens county proud, now it's the Tomcat's turn.
Joe even threw and cought his own pass for TD so ran 2 threw 5 cought 1 not too bad a day for rattled QB
Go to 5:22 in this clip. It was touched twice by DeSales before Burrow caught it. With my old eyes it was hard to make out from my seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn6nBcQaCYU

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What was the turn out like for this game?

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

noreply66 wrote:What was the turn out like for this game?
Athens had a great turn out DeSales had about 60% of visitor filled Logan did a great job putting game on
Last edited by bengals01 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Pol Pot wrote:
Greygoose wrote:Athens 403 yards at half.

Seriously? 403 yards at half by Athens? Is this the same DeSales team that Oaf said would win Region 9 and sent me a PM that said he take DeSales and 2k? He is a joke!!!!
Your the joke a$$hole! I wouldn't dream of betting on high school sports you little maggot. That's what white trash like you does. You constantly PM me and you say I'd "take Athens and 2k?" Total nonsense. What complete, pathological folly. You're pure class all the way! Now go trade your heating vouchers for meth you toothless invalid.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Pol Pot wrote:"I think I'll stick around so I can watch you set yourself on fire as region 9 unfolds", Oaf when all he wanted to do was trash SE Ohio and Athens, and pick DeSales as the #1 in Region 9, weeks ago
I didn't trash SE Ohio or Athens by picking DeSales. I mean yeah, why would ANYONE think DeSales would challenge, they've never down ANYTHING have they? If you equate that as "trashing" a team because I pick another then so be it. I truly could care less what you think. You are totally acting like the fan that is in uncharted waters by your nonsensical behavior with your comments, which of course you are. You're so caught up in your ignorance you can't even enjoy the win. What a shame.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Great job Athens! Keep it rolling!! Go Tomcats tonight!!!

Pretty cool that Athens County could have two of the remaining 28 teams after tonight.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

And now, congrats to The Bulldogs on their great season. That is an unbelievably good high school football team. One of the very best of all time indeed. Time to take it the last full measure. Good luck the rest of the way Athens!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I AM SHOCKED BY THE SCORE. I WAS REALLY WORRIED ABOUT ATHENS GETTING PAST THE STALLIONS, BUT PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED AND THEY WERE CLEARLY THE BETTER TEAM. I THINK WHOEVER WINS THE NEXT ONE WINS IT ALL. AFTER THIS PREFORMANCE I TOTALLY THINK ATHENS WILL BEAT THE AKRON SAINT VINCENT SAINT MARY'S IRISH.

DANG PROUD OF THEM SOUTHERN BOYS TONIGHT AND THE VALLEY INDIANS AS WELL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

DARE I SAY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjcwolves
Waterboy

Post by jjcwolves »

Football fan wrote:
athens78 wrote:Logan didn't put in to host any playoff games this year. This game will be played at Chilly or Zanesville or closer to Columbus in Ohio high school wants it to be. Also Speed on defense is what's beat Athens the last two years in the regional finals. Desales has plenty of that. No call on this game but will be much closer than most predict.
Re: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

by athens78 » November 14th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Desales beats athens by 14

did you forget you posted this

The guy forgets to put his mask on while umpiring homeplate, what makes you think he wouldn't forget this!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Am I the only person not shocked by the score??

Return to “Football”