D6 R21 #2 Valley vs #4 Centerburg

Alitown
Freshman Team

Re: D6 R21 #2 Valley vs #4 Centerburg

Post by Alitown »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
indianabuck wrote:Sometimes they give a team known for bringing more fans the home side, but Valley will be considered the road team on the scoreboard and uniforms no matter what.
That is false information. If the lower seed beats a higher seed they gain the rights that the higher seed had.
That is not false information. There have been a few games over the years where the home team on the scoreboard was in the away bleachers because they did not sell enough presale tickets. They will give Centerburg as much of a home advantage as possible but if Valley drastically out sales them in presale tickets they may get the home side.. Valley will still be the away team in all other aspects of the game.

INDIAN58
Waterboy

Post by INDIAN58 »

Funny thing is Centerburg has dispatched Ridgewood and Fredericktown the two supposed favorites to win R21. Being dogs a third straight week is nothing new.

On film Valley does look impressive, I would say Centerburgs defense is a little more fundamentally sound than GH. Still wondering how you get beat for long touchdowns with the same play in consecutive possessions?
Last edited by INDIAN58 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

dses wrote:Funny thing is Centerburg has dispatched Ridgewood and Fredericktown the two supposed favorites going in. Being dogs a third straight week is nothing new.

On film Valley does look impressive, I would say Centerburgs defense is a little more fundamentally sound than GH. Still wondering how you get beat for long touchdowns with the same play in consecutive possessions?
Centerburg is not the underdog this week

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

nutronron2012 wrote:
dses wrote:Funny thing is Centerburg has dispatched Ridgewood and Fredericktown the two supposed favorites going in. Being dogs a third straight week is nothing new.

Centerburg is not the underdog this week
Completely agree. You will have some fans that like to thump their chest but for the majority of us Valley fans we are not taking Centerburg lightly. I can guarantee that the coaches and players are not taking them lightly either. We all remember what happened in 2005. This will be another dog fight like it was back then

INDIAN58
Waterboy

Post by INDIAN58 »

I was poking fun at the media and "experts" not Valley supporters.

I am certain both programs will be well prepared for what should be a great ball game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I really like Valley's chances of getting over the Regional Championship hump. I expect them to play well and I'm pulling for an Indian victory! Good luck SOC II

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Just got word that is one is going to be played at Gahanna Lincoln. Should be a very good place to play.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If valley gets the passing game going, center burg will be in trouble.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Looks like a nice facility. Visitor bleachers go from about the 30 to the 30...2 big sections and 2 small.

I think there will be enough seating.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

There was plenty of seating at Portsmouth. And that place might be bigger.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote:There was plenty of seating at Portsmouth. And that place might be bigger.
Looks like more than enough...Ive heard from someone who teaches there though and the word was "get there EARLY for parking."

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley - 92 miles
C. Burg - 42 miles

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

chicken_coop wrote:
wobycat wrote:There was plenty of seating at Portsmouth. And that place might be bigger.
Looks like more than enough...Ive heard from someone who teaches there though and the word was "get there EARLY for parking."
They may be looking to accommodate cb. Valleys crowd was terrible last week.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Game will be played at Gahanna Lincoln.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Green Beagle wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
They may be looking to accommodate cb. Valleys crowd was terrible last week.

To put that in perspective Valley's "terrible crowd" had at least 2x Grandview's fans

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah and grandview even brought a bus of students

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I'm not sure how they determine if a change of fans sitting on the home side, but they have already changed the Burg vs Hartley seating arrangements and Burg will be in the home stands and visitors on the scoreboard. So it has nothing to do with presale tickets sold.

Good luck Valley!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Indians!

You can win this game and get to your first final four in football. Play hard and leave it all on the field.

This Pirate fan will be pulling for you

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Would love to see Burg and Valley both bring home Regional Titles. That would say alot for the SOC.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

If you go to facebook and go to Gahanna link the new updated pics are there and from what I have been told the side with the small press box is the home side and the side with the big press box is the away side if that is the case there will be plenty of seating..

Return to “Football”