Shadyside vs. Paint Valley

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Shadyside vs. Paint Valley

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Can't wait for this one.
If and this is a gigantic if, both teams play up to their potential and stay away from penalties this could be a great game.

This is one of those contest where I have 100% percent respect for both teams and the fans I have met through the years all have been super.

Being I call Coach Hollon a friend and think he is one of the most classy guys I have met, I will be pulling for him and his Bearcats.

The scout
Waterboy

Re: At Maysville Shadyside plays Paint Valley (week 12)

Post by The scout »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Can't wait for this one.
If and this is a gigantic if, both teams play up to their potential and stay away from penalties this could be a great game.

This is one of those contest where I have 100% percent respect for both teams and the fans I have met through the years all have been super.

Being I call Coach Hollon a friend and think he is one of the most classy guys I have met, I will be pulling for him and his Bearcats.

This is kind of funny! If I remember right, after last years Trimble/Shadyside game you were on here talking trash about the Shadyside fans and how they were as rude as anyone you have ever met before. I see your comments on here and you trying to act like you been all over the state meeting all this fans and blah,blah,blah. I am starting to think we cant believe anything you say.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

S
Last edited by surfsider on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Shadyside wins this one. Got a nice wake-up call vs. Danville. QB Austin Dorris (signed with Indiana U.) isn't the only weapon for Tigers, who can run it, throw to some fast receivers, but the one thing Shadyside lacks is a kicking game.
Everyone in this area calling this 'Shadyside's Year' to return to the D7 championship game. Long way to go, but I'm taking SHS by 6+

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

CautionTape wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Can't wait for this one.

This is kind of funny! If I remember right, after last years Trimble/Shadyside game you were on here talking trash about the Shadyside fans and how they were as rude as anyone you have ever met before. I see your comments on here and you trying to act like you been all over the state meeting all this fans and blah,blah,blah. I am starting to think we cant believe anything you say.
Please show me where I said this.

I might have talked about one drunk Shadyside fan,who my brother almost got in a fight with after he was cursing at players from Newark Catholic, but the cops stepped in and ended it. After the fan came back into the game he and my brother shook hands and all was OK.
Anxiously awaiting to see what you find.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: #1 Trimble vs #2 Shadyside for Division VII Region 25 cr

Postby newarkcatholicfan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:49 pm
I have the utmost respect for both of these teams.
Newark Catholic has battle both, Shadyside many of times, it seems.
I am speaking solely on my behalf and my experiences when watching these two teams play.

Other than a very excited fan for Shadyside having words with my brother over cussing at players(no way the players heard) with small kids around, all of the Shadyside fans I have met/talked to have been great. Including the guy I mentioned before after the cops talked to him he came over gave my brother a man hug and things went back to normal.

Trimble fans including last weekend were all awesome. One fan mentioned the garbage on this site and said something to the effect he was glad his small town team won and did so with class.

Overall both sets of fans for these two very solid programs are awesome and I adore the way they back their teams. Both are loud at the games and for the most part seem to understand the refs will get a call wrong now and again.

For what little it matters after seeing both teams I will say this.

Shadyside's lines for the smaller divisions schools is the best I have watched play. They are/were dominate on both sides of the ball and as the game went on, they seem to get stronger.

The running game looked good to me aided by the play of the Off line.
I think S.S. can have a lot of success running the ball down the throat of the Trimble defense and could have some going outside. But where I think they could have the most success is throw the deep ball (though Trimble is, from what I am reading getting their safety back) and that was a big problem area for them last week.
I know S.S. is not Kenton when it comes to the passing attack, but without some sort of hint of one, I think that could be their downfall, not saying it will, just my thoughts.

On defense again the line play was outstanding, which led to good pressure on the QB.
The linebacker play was decent enough to do the job they needed to do.
I think they will knock your head off, with the way they tackle and get to the ball.
Tackle first, strip second is what I got from them, when watching.

Pass defense was I/M/O (which means little) was average at best.
I think they are fine with the short type passes, but have problems with the med/longer passes.
Again the great line play will/should be able to aid in the pass defense, as most know.

Trimble on offense is potent with the way they choose to include the QB running the ball
I do believe they will have problems with the up the gut type runs against the S.S. defense, but could have success with draw plays, especially with the QB and with misdirection type plays.

I think if the passing game is to succeed like I think it will
The QB can not telegraph his throws like he did last night. The S.S. staff is way to smart not have picked up on this in the last game. There were to keys that in this process he will have to change I.M.O, but that I will not post.
(I have been told the last game was the first time he did this to the degree he did)

I also think the screen could work big time if they have sets where they can run misdirection it.
Licking Valley had the best screen pass set/play I have watched when they ran it with their stud tailbacks.
Nothing will matter if the O-Line can not stop the D-line of S.S.

Defensively I think and yes this is a lot of my thinking in the Newark Catholic plan I have. Trimble will have to load the box as much as possible and pray they can go man up, with super tight coverage on the receivers.
Must take away the slant and pressure the QB, who I believe is a true talent.

My prediction is this
If Shadyside relies solely on the run game and are forced to pass after falling behind they lose by 14 plus.

If they use their talented QB in the throwing game it is a toss up, I.M.O.

If a gun was held to my head I would predict
Trimble by six

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99882&p=2131828&hil ... e#p2131828

The scout
Waterboy

Post by The scout »

[quote="newarkcatholicfan"]Re: #1 Trimble vs #2 Shadyside for Division VII Region 25 cr

Postby newarkcatholicfan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:49 pm
I have the utmost respect for both of these teams.
Newark Catholic has battle both, Shadyside many of times, it seems.
I am speaking solely on my behalf and my experiences when watching these two teams play.

Other than a very excited fan for Shadyside having words with my brother over cussing at players(no way the players heard) with small kids around, all of the Shadyside fans I have met/talked to have been great. Including the guy I mentioned before after the cops talked to him he came over gave my brother a man hug and things went back to normal.

Trimble fans including last weekend were all awesome. One fan mentioned the garbage on this site and said something to the effect he was glad his small town team won and did so with class.

Overall both sets of fans for these two very solid programs are awesome and I adore the way they back their teams. Both are loud at the games and for the most part seem to understand the refs will get a call wrong now and again.

For what little it matters after seeing both teams I will say this.

Shadyside's lines for the smaller divisions schools is the best I have watched play. They are/were dominate on both sides of the ball and as the game went on, they seem to get stronger.

The running game looked good to me aided by the play of the Off line.
I think S.S. can have a lot of success running the ball down the throat of the Trimble defense and could have some going outside. But where I think they could have the most success is throw the deep ball (though Trimble is, from what I am reading getting their safety back) and that was a big problem area for them last week.
I know S.S. is not Kenton when it comes to the passing attack, but without some sort of hint of one, I think that could be their downfall, not saying it will, just my thoughts.

On defense again the line play was outstanding, which led to good pressure on the QB.
The linebacker play was decent enough to do the job they needed to do.
I think they will knock your head off, with the way they tackle and get to the ball.
Tackle first, strip second is what I got from them, when watching.

Pass defense was I/M/O (which means little) was average at best.
I think they are fine with the short type passes, but have problems with the med/longer passes.
Again the great line play will/should be able to aid in the pass defense, as most know.

Trimble on offense is potent with the way they choose to include the QB running the ball
I do believe they will have problems with the up the gut type runs against the S.S. defense, but could have success with draw plays, especially with the QB and with misdirection type plays.

I think if the passing game is to succeed like I think it will
The QB can not telegraph his throws like he did last night. The S.S. staff is way to smart not have picked up on this in the last game. There were to keys that in this process he will have to change I.M.O, but that I will not post.
(I have been told the last game was the first time he did this to the degree he did)

I also think the screen could work big time if they have sets where they can run misdirection it.
Licking Valley had the best screen pass set/play I have watched when they ran it with their stud tailbacks.
Nothing will matter if the O-Line can not stop the D-line of S.S.

Defensively I think and yes this is a lot of my thinking in the Newark Catholic plan I have. Trimble will have to load the box as much as possible and pray they can go man up, with super tight coverage on the receivers.
Must take away the slant and pressure the QB, who I believe is a true talent.

My prediction is this
If Shadyside relies solely on the run game and are forced to pass after falling behind they lose by 14 plus.

If they use their talented QB in the throwing game it is a toss up, I.M.O.

If a gun was held to my head I would predict
Trimble by six

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99882&p=2131828&hil ... e#p2131828[/quot

Lol. Easy big fellow. I just remembered you saying something about an S.S. fan. I am sorry I offended you and hope you will forgive me. I hope you enjoy whatever games you decide to attend this weekend and look forward to reading your comments about them. I hope this makes you feel better. Again I am so very sorry.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I wasn't upset, mad or angry just wanted to see where I said what you first thought I had posted.

About the believing me part, I am a lot of things but a liar I am not.(LOL)

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Let's see Trimble and Shadyside both win this week, then next week let the verbal shots loose.

I think both will win.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Re: Shadyside vs. Paint Valley

Post by warningtrackpower »

Good luck to Paint Valley - check out this week's playoff poetry on SVCsportszone.com

http://www.svcsportszone.com/2014paintv ... etry2.html

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK PAINT VALLEY.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Better luck Shadyside Tigers.

Believe Tigers win this one by 12+

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Good luck Paint Valley. Hope for a injury free game for both teams.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Not long from leaving for this one.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Shadyside wins big!! They are the favorites to win the region this year.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

21-7 Shadyside near end of 1st

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

28-7 Shadyside.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

34-7 Shadyside st half

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Final Shadyside 41
Paint Valley 15
Shadyside will be wanting revenge after last year.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Congrats to Shadyside on another outstanding performance.

It looked like it was total domination by the offensive and defensive lines for the Tigers.

Y'all was able to run at will to your left side all night.

To my friend Coach Hollan it was good talking to you after the game and I look forward to seeing you guys play again next season.

Return to “Football”