Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Boy there are some seriously gullible people on this site.
I think Portsmouth is a great site for this game outside of flipping a coin and playing at either school.

On to the game. This is a huge game for Burg. It's all or nothing for them, as for the Tigers they got nothing to lose in this game. It's a fight between the young lions trying to pick off the old Tigers. The Tigers have been kicking everyone's butt for 30 years and everybody wants to be them. The Burg has had success recently against the Tigers and this is their chance to knock off the aging champ and become king of the hill. So Burg has all the pressure on them. They win they are new kings if they lose to the aging run down Tigers it's back to being pretenders. Tigers on other hand if they lose well everybodies been saying for years they are on decline and a loss proves it if they win it's chalked up to being the king of the hill like always. Burg has all the pressure on them this game. Will they be able to step up to the plate and dethrone the Tigers or will the aging King be able to defeat one more challenger?

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

This one should be a dandy!!

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

The Tigers run game has been impressive for the last half of the season. This has been the result because of dominant line play, especially the right side and great blocking fullbacks. The loss of the anchor up front Sherman is huge and in my opinion a complete game changer. I hope im wrong but I think the Tigers will struggle in the run game now.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

tigercannon71 wrote:Boy there are some seriously gullible people on this site.
I think Portsmouth is a great site for this game outside of flipping a coin and playing at either school.

On to the game. This is a huge game for Burg. It's all or nothing for them, as for the Tigers they got nothing to lose in this game. It's a fight between the young lions trying to pick off the old Tigers. The Tigers have been kicking everyone's butt for 30 years and everybody wants to be them. The Burg has had success recently against the Tigers and this is their chance to knock off the aging champ and become king of the hill. So Burg has all the pressure on them. They win they are new kings if they lose to the aging run down Tigers it's back to being pretenders. Tigers on other hand if they lose well everybodies been saying for years they are on decline and a loss proves it if they win it's chalked up to being the king of the hill like always. Burg has all the pressure on them this game. Will they be able to step up to the plate and dethrone the Tigers or will the aging King be able to defeat one more challenger?

Sarcasm does not come through in print. Glad to hear you were joking. I thought it was strange of you to complain like that. My apologies to you and for allowing myself to be duped.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

It's cool. This is going to be a great game saturday night.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I believe they have already done that for the past 2 years. There is a new Era in southern Ohio. It wears orange and black as well. They go by the Pirates and they aim to take everything from the Tigers while daring them to try and stop them. We don't steal. We play hard and are the king of the hill. This week of practice will be intense and Burg will not take this game lightly. Yes they won this game 10 weeks ago, but that doesn't mean anything now. The Burg D is playing like ravenous animals, flying to the ball as if it were prey. We will see the same smash mouth style offense that has dominated every opponent the past 5 weeks. An offensive line that will punish on every snap of the ball. Try and stop them. It's what they want. They will let you pick your poison. Get ready for a clash of two Southern Ohio titans. This one will be won at the LOS.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Hate that 2 SEO teams are going at it..but the SOC prevails in this one.

Pirates 34
Tigers 18

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:

I believe they have already done that for the past 2 years. There is a new Era in southern Ohio. It wears orange and black as well. They go by the Pirates and they aim to take everything from the Tigers while daring them to try and stop them. We don't steal. We play hard and are the king of the hill. This week of practice will be intense and Burg will not take this game lightly. Yes they won this game 10 weeks ago, but that doesn't mean anything now. The Burg D is playing like ravenous animals, flying to the ball as if it were prey. We will see the same smash mouth style offense that has dominated every opponent the past 5 weeks. An offensive line that will punish on every snap of the ball. Try and stop them. It's what they want. They will let you pick your poison. Get ready for a clash of two Southern Ohio titans. This one will be won at the LOS.

They got a chance to prove it Saturday night.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:

They got a chance to prove it Saturday night.
YESCANNON, IT'S TRUE, THEY STOLE OUR......................SWAG! :aaaaa18

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironton is a running team. Burg has stopped the run all year (except against Jackson and no one has stopped them) so unless Ironton can have long sustained scoring drives, this could be a long night for them. If they can't mix in a passing game Burg will just load the front and force Ironton to run side to side and as long as Burg corners can contain they will make it very hard for Ironton to move the ball.

They will have to match Burg score for score and I'm not sure they have the firepower to do that.

Not too upset with Portsmouth because whoever wins this game will more than likely be playing Hartley in Nelsonville and everyone from this area hates that venue.

Good luck Pirates! hard to beat a team twice in one season

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:and just for your information i bet you if you ask run shoot 08 (HARTLEY GUY) who they would rather play

i am 100% confident HARTLEY WOULD RATHER PLAY BURG THAN IRONTON

and the reason for this is matchup of ironton vs hartley is much more dangerous to hartley than the burg vs hartley matchup= (undisputed FACT)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

frankthetank wrote:Two things wrong with Portsmouth site, 1 parking 2 seating , if ohsaa wants to make more money on this game , they better move to a different site . just sayin !

Perfect site.. Ironton fans can stay home and listen to radio....

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sport Fan wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:and just for your information i bet you if you ask run shoot 08 (HARTLEY GUY) who they would rather play

i am 100% confident HARTLEY WOULD RATHER PLAY BURG THAN IRONTON

and the reason for this is matchup of ironton vs hartley is much more dangerous to hartley than the burg vs hartley matchup= (undisputed FACT)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just wonder how it is undisputed?

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Here Kitty Kitty.........

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Dr. Ruth Boll will be taking good pics once again as the Pirates declaw the kittens!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I just hope cg irontonfan is mentally and emotionally stable enough to deal with yet another "fluke" loss to the pirates! Haha

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Sport Fan wrote:
frankthetank wrote:Two things wrong with Portsmouth site, 1 parking 2 seating , if ohsaa wants to make more money on this game , they better move to a different site . just sayin !

Perfect site.. Ironton fans can stay home and listen to radio....

How true, I stay home & listen to the webcast. BUT IM IN FREAKING ORLANDO!!! It made me want to scream when the Iheart webcast said "light crowd @ tanks. OSU, Marshall, etc. must have kept fans @ home. How freaking ridiculous. There is TiVo!! I'd give my left nut to be able to go to any IHS sports year round again. SOME Ironton fans are Soo spoiled to not get out & support the fighting Tigers. They don't want to get there early & not have their butt in their usual reserved seat! It was truly pathetic to hear this, but I remember this, 20-years back. Yes, I'm handing out a jawin'.
Anyway, tigers have a lot to prove. I'd love to see a new lineman grow up quick & play big for Sherman. A fresh body in there to ignite this tiger team! It can be done!
If the one guy is truly not out for the season, the Tigers have a solid chance. Good luck IHS! Stay healthy & have a solid week of practice!!!

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

o my gooness my cousin roy is bac again hi cousin roy! aunt viola told me to tell you hay

ok now heres we go on this here game with the burg boys takin on them mity fightin tigers from ironton ohio

heres out i sees it cusin roy - it dont be looking to good for them boys from tigertowns but i believe they can wins it but they have to play really good balls them burg boys has all but decided they just need to be looking at that regional finals game and they be looking to embarss them tigers but the truth is though them burg boys really is the only ones with anything to lose after teh thumping them put on ironton the first time

and everbody whos above ground juust knows in there heard that burg going be beating ironton but they dont know how much better them ironton boys has gotten - coach hass got them boys runnin on all 9 cylinders!

my final predication is this - its anyones game and its whoever wants it the mostest and who dont do silly things final score predictation? 20 to 20 plus/minus of 6 hmmmmmmm

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

^^^^^^^^^^^ ******CLASSIC FUDDY DUDDY****** ^^^^^^^^^

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OLE BAIT IS A ROOTIN FOR THEM FIGHTING TIGERS

Return to “Football”