Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

sprinter14
Varsity

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by sprinter14 »

3.2 Raffles Prohibited - There shall be no raffles nor any type of games of chance permitted at the site of football tournament games.

Easy fix - You buy a 50/50 ticket and you must pick the winning team. All correct tickets are put in the tumbler and a winner drawn. Then it is no longer a "raffle" or a "game of chance" - it is a game of picking skill ............ the drawing his how you break a 3,046 way tie among the "winners".

It's not a joke, I have an organized version of this at other events and it works.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Burg wins this matchup again. It might be a little closer than the first. This Burg team is playing like a team on a mission.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

MF Irn
First downs 16 12
Rushes-yards 36-199 45-170
Passing yards 157 44
Total yards 356 214
Cmp-Att-Int 13-28-3 2-4-0
Fumbles-lost 2-0 0-0
Penalties-yards 6-51 8-55
Punts-average 3-40.7 5-40.4-
See more at: http://www.irontontribune.com

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

▲▲▲▲▲▲With stats like that idk how you can lose that game. Ironton better shore up the defense or it will be a long night.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Two int. = 2 scores 26-13

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:Two fumbles lost. = 2 scores 26-13
That's obvious wobycat. :lol: Other than that it looks like Ironton had there hands FULL.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:MF Irn
First downs 16 12
Passing yards 157 44
Total yards 356 214
Fumbles-lost 2-0 0-0
In light of this....... I will predict a running clock in the second half.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

And Da' Burg will rush for 300+

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pirates I think will get theirs, but Ironton will punch Burg in the mouth early. If Pirates withstand the blows, then I think Burg will win by 14 or more.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

I am rooting for a Tiger victory, but Jolly P thinks the Burg is invincible :122245 Who ever wins this week enjoy the victory because it will be the last for this year. Hartley way to much for either team. :(

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sports junkie wrote:I am rooting for a Tiger victory, but Jolly P thinks the Burg is invincible :122245 Who ever wins this week enjoy the victory because it will be the last for this year. Hartley way to much for either team. :(
Got the crow cookin for ya.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

We shall see my friend. But you might want turkey, it will taste much better :-D

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
First downs 16 12
Passing yards 157 44
Total yards 356 214
Fumbles-lost 2-0 0-0

That will be great getting beat the 1st game then putting a running clock on the Burg in the playoff game. I like how you think JP.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

One thing for sure if Burg has 5 fumbles Tigers will win.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

JP those stats are just a little bit misleading. MF didn't do crap until after Ironton pull some of it starters and Sherman went down. But you can go ahead believe it was a real close game. :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

knightruner wrote:JP those stats are just a little bit misleading. MF didn't do crap until after Ironton pull some of it starters and Sherman went down. But you can go ahead believe it was a real close game. :lol:
I'm pretty sure that's what Ironton fans said after 1st game.

" Ironton gave burg all they wanted for 2 qtrs " That was until the final score was 42-16.

Stats are never misleading, although turnovers and special teams are always overlooked. This game was never in doubt but don't act like the game was a blowout.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Wonder why this game is not in Jackson. Could you imagine the people at that game. It is a true neutral site.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:how many on this topic have made multiple posts about their team. I am glad ya'll are noticing.

I'm going to make the only comparison I can make between the two teams. that was a common opponent in Jackson.
wheelersburg beat us.jackson shut out wheelersburg. Jackson struggled with ironton in a 32-21 victory. Jackson could have stuck another one on us at the very end, and intentionally killed the clock, classy move I think. just as ironton did against raceland at the end. what comes around goes around.

that information and 1.00 will get you a sweet tea at mcdonalds.
ironton played pretty even ball with the pirates week 1 until near halftime. burg scored with like 2 minutes left in the half. that was the end of competitive play basically for week 1. burg was very quick, very well disciplined and strong. the fighting tigers huge lineman struggled in the heat. maybe they were not conditioned well enough at that time. but burg was definitely the better team.

burg went on to lay an egg against Jackson it a 27-0 shutout, if memory serves me correct.
the fighting tigers had an erratic game with the ironmen, and were really punishing the ironmen with their ground game.we made several key mistakes that game, and were hurt by some extremely deep, well thrown passes.and a couple deep runs right at the end of the game.

but Jackson was a better deeper team. and they should be as they are d3.and they are not undefeated for no reason.
that's the only honest comparison I can make. and at that, you can never make comparison's like this. I do know ironton hada huge loss, losing 75 Isaac Sherman for the season to a dislocated ankle and a broken fibula.ironton size wise was bigger that the burg, or Jackson. but Jackson and burg were more mobile. Jackson had way more depth than either burg/ironton. but it was a festive atmosphere at Jackson when them and the tigers locked horns. that was a playoff atmosphere, the tigers made some key mistakes. and we were beaten by a very good, deep Jackson team.

now onto the rematch, I think the stadium at Portsmouth will be way in excess of being full. you have thousands standing. and the place will be electric. it's a blessing to have this rematch, both squads have classy programs, they'll hit each other in the mouth and see what happens. the key to a fighting tiger victory will be establishing a running game, ball control and long sustained drives with no turnovers. and solid tackling. the key for burg will be getting to the edge, and getting the ball in the air. how will our secondary holds up will be a big key here. the main thing with burg is keeping up with that exhaustive hurry up offense. that puts like 25 extra pounds on a big lineman. they have to be ready for that, and be very aggressive. it's easy to make silly mistakes defensively in a hurry up attack. and we must think clearly. wheelersburg loves the deep ball, always has and we have to keep people from getting behind us downfield.but this rematch should be a classic. ironton has beaten some very good programs this year, as has burg. what else could southern ohio football fans ask for.

AND DID I MENTION OLE BAIT IS ROOTIN FOR THE FIGHTING TIGERS IN THIS ONE.
Not that it makes any difference but d coach came from burg....Go PIRATES

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
First downs 16 12
Passing yards 157 44
Total yards 356 214
Fumbles-lost 2-0 0-0

That will be great getting beat the 1st game then putting a running clock on the Burg in the playoff game. I like how you think JP.
Your sarcasm is futile. :lol: It is funny however. I enjoy it.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

sports junkie wrote:I am rooting for a Tiger victory, but Jolly P thinks the Burg is invincible :122245 Who ever wins this week enjoy the victory because it will be the last for this year. Hartley way to much for either team. :(

They have to make it past St C first and us past you.
Seems like every one is afraid of Hartley
I say bring it on...
DOWN GOES FRAZIER :lol:

Return to “Football”