Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

siderman57
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by siderman57 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:keys for ironton win!

palladino must have 1 of his best nights! (burg will not allow him to touch ball on special teams ) be prepared find alternative

force some burg turnovers!!

burg will onside kick/squib kick (be ready from the go for this)

pressure the burg QB ( call blitzs , he will not be effective on the run)

have u few trick plays up sleeve as burg will not be ready for this (they will be sending 8-9 to the middle every play)

no silly penalties!!

LOL what a Christmas wish..... It will take a few TRICKS, to just keep this game close...

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:I read on here somewhere about where an nfl team lost early and then beat the same team later on. That's the worst analogy I've ever seen. The nfl is a professional league where the worst team can beat the best team at anytime. Good grief. Ironton is going to have to be creative and hope for some turnovers to win this game.
the worst analogy on here is that 3 of you burg folk actually , truthfully, etc etc think that u really need RED CARPET! = SAD

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Fine I got a better analogy 1990 West beats Tigers 1st game of the season. 1st round rematch Ironton beats West by 21.
Another season I think 2002 Ironton beats Portsmouth regular season them they meet in playoffs and Ironton loses. Which I think thats the year that the next week in a mud bath West beat Portsmouth.
Anyway what its showing is its hard to beat an opponent 2x in one year especially if second meeting is playoffs.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Dont you guys worry I know how to get there Im down there almost every friday. I know exactly where the stadium is.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

If Ironton coaching quits feeding the horse in the second half like they did in Jackson it will be a long nite for the Tigers. If not I say Ironton by 2 points 30-28

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It's not hard to beat an opponent twice in one season. Especially when the first game was a blowout. Burg will show the kitty Kats how it's done

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Old Bulldog wrote:I believe that the best thing that happened to Wheelersburg this season was losing to Jackson.
I think the same could be said of Ironton losing to the Pirates.
Both of them had to reevaluate and change their defensive and offensive schemes. It was a wake up call for both.
I like Wheelersburg's camaraderie. No sniping. No finger pointing. All for one and one for all. They're a very tight group and you can tell they care about each other even when the going gets tough. Not every team has that and it is the X factor going forward when very little separates good teams.
Ironton has Palladino and he is probably the best back in Southern Ohio but he is one and the Pirates are many.
I think the Burg takes this one in an epic battle.
**There should be no cramping this time around! :12223
OH SNAP, THERE COMES THE CRAMPS THINGIE AGAIN.
even though you see, high school, colleges and pros go through it every week early in the season. is burg better conditioned, it may appear that way. because seldom do you see them with cramps. or are they better hydrated, who knows.i have said for years with coke being our sponsor. why not take advantage of free powerade in 5 gallon mixes. but we choose to use water. unless something has changed I assume that's still the case. water simply does not replenish what you lose , like the energy drinks. but then hydration is just not a game day thing either. it's an all week thing.the simple fact is though in an early season game, esp. with a double starter a big lineman can lose 10 pounds. water may quench his thirst but does little to immediately replenish lost bodily fluids such as electrolytes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat sure is stirrin the pot. I hope he gets to lick the spoon.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

I believe Wheelersburg played Minford twice back in 2008. Wheelersburg won 14-7 regular season and 14-6 in the playoffs.
I think Minford beat Wheelersburg twice in 2001 maybe.
I'm sure there's a stat out there of who wins more often but with these two playing so far apart in the season you can probably throw out the game film of the first meeting.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:Fine I got a better analogy 1990 West beats Tigers 1st game of the season. 1st round rematch Ironton beats West by 21.
Another season I think 2002 Ironton beats Portsmouth regular season them they meet in playoffs and Ironton loses. Which I think thats the year that the next week in a mud bath West beat Portsmouth.
Anyway what its showing is its hard to beat an opponent 2x in one year especially if second meeting is playoffs.
I believe Portsmouth beat you guys 2 times in the same year too. It happens just as much as it doesn't.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Old Bulldog wrote:I believe that the best thing that happened to Wheelersburg this season was losing to Jackson.
I think the same could be said of Ironton losing to the Pirates.
Both of them had to reevaluate and change their defensive and offensive schemes. It was a wake up call for both.
I like Wheelersburg's camaraderie. No sniping. No finger pointing. All for one and one for all. They're a very tight group and you can tell they care about each other even when the going gets tough. Not every team has that and it is the X factor going forward when very little separates good teams.
Ironton has Palladino and he is probably the best back in Southern Ohio but he is one and the Pirates are many.
I think the Burg takes this one in an epic battle.
**There should be no cramping this time around! :12223
OH SNAP, THERE COMES THE CRAMPS THINGIE AGAIN.
even though you see, high school, colleges and pros go through it every week early in the season. is burg better conditioned, it may appear that way. because seldom do you see them with cramps. or are they better hydrated, who knows.i have said for years with coke being our sponsor. why not take advantage of free powerade in 5 gallon mixes. but we choose to use water. unless something has changed I assume that's still the case. water simply does not replenish what you lose , like the energy drinks. but then hydration is just not a game day thing either. it's an all week thing.the simple fact is though in an early season game, esp. with a double starter a big lineman can lose 10 pounds. water may quench his thirst but does little to immediately replenish lost bodily fluids such as electrolytes.
But it sure does stop the clock. :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

tigercannon71 wrote:Fine I got a better analogy 1990 West beats Tigers 1st game of the season. 1st round rematch Ironton beats West by 21.

1990 game 1 West 14-0
game 2 Ironton 41-7

2002 PHS swept Ironton at Spartan and Peden

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Ironton may have gotten better. But I don't think they have gotten 26 points better. That's a stretch even my mind can't take.
ironton is much better than week 1 but that is totally irrelevant! its all how the game is played and unfolds!

cleveland lost 30-27 week 1 vs pittsburgh and then pounded them week 6 31-10!
So is Burg. IDK why you keep saying that. It's irrelevant. Come on down the KY side and watch for yourself. Then you can drive back on the Ohio side and see where the winners live. :-D

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Winners live in Ironton of course.
Last edited by Tigercannon71 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:Winners live in Ironton if course.
If course? I'm confused :?:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Hahaha thats called being distracted and hitting submit before you proofread.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:Hahaha thats called being distracted and hitting submit before you proofread.
:lol: I can relate.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

If Ironton defense can contain the pass and put 2 halfs together then they win this game
Ironton 28
Burg 21

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Keep worrying about the pass.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

This isn't the same Ironton team from week 1 just saying