#3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

doubleplay643
S

Re: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

Post by doubleplay643 »

Jottings wrote:Several years ago, Gallipolis, Athens and Logan were tri-champs. DeSales beat "em all about 42-0. DeSales should not be in southeast district because they play mostly Division 1 teams during regular season.
DeSales has played the following sized teams during regular season:

D1 - 1 game
D2 - 2 games
D3 - 2 games
D4 - 1 games
D5 - 3 games
D6 - 1 game

So they haven't played all D1 schools, they are a logical fit for the SE region in my opinion. Be the best got to beat the best. Good luck Jackson!

Tumble4You
Waterboy

Post by Tumble4You »

DeSales by14.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Shamrock wrote:DeSales by14.
Agree and it will be at Logan

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

teach1coach2 wrote:Yes, DeSales is the home team. The winner of the #2-#7 game is the home team when they play the winner of the #3-#6 game. The winner of the Jackson-DeSales game will the visiting team against the winner of Athens-Tri-Valley (since that match up has the #1 team in harbin average).
Thanks, and when will the field announcement be made? After tonight's (Saturday) games so they can know the winners of these games as well before they pick sites...Sunday or Monday?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Early Sunday afternoon

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Third team in Jackson History to make it to 11-0 as I understand it.

To be the only team to get to 12-0 and beat a program of DeSales caliber to accomplish it would be something and a great credit to this year's kids and coaching staff.

Huge test for the Ironmen.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The Oaf wrote:Btw, Stallions by 4 TD's

Do you do drugs on a daily basis??????

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Jottings wrote:Several years ago, Gallipolis, Athens and Logan were tri-champs. DeSales beat "em all about 42-0. DeSales should not be in southeast district because they play mostly Division 1 teams during regular season.

There is NO such thing as the SE District in football!!!! All games are regional! Only sport in OHSAA that is NOT defined by Districts.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

seoconstruction wrote:The "state" will be biased and give desales what they want ... I've heard about those "state" decisions

Last time DeSales played at Peden they brought about 300 fans total. Peden is a horrible place for this game. Peden has hosted 7 games in the past 15 years including a Saturday Double Header. And the price is no more than what many High Schools charge. However the OHSAA tries to support their member schools as host as much as possible.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Pol Pot wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Btw, Stallions by 4 TD's

Do you do drugs on a daily basis??????
Well well, the nostril-less is awake, I better pour another drink! :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Pol Pot wrote:

There is NO such thing as the SE District in football!!!! All games are regional! Only sport in OHSAA that is NOT defined by Districts.
Not to mention the "they play D1 schools" is just an absolutely ignorant argument to make re: them playing in this region (again, not district).

It's the most fair way to do it. The OHSAA has to separate the larger metro areas, or else that also wouldn't be fair to them to basically give a free pass to smaller areas by lumping them into a region together. That combined with divisions based on enrollment levels the playing field as much as it can be leveled. You're always going to have parochial powers. And, regionally, it makes more sense geographically. What, Columbus schools are going to have to travel to Cincinnati instead of Hamilton Township, Logan, etc.?

Just some nonsense complaining. Not to mention Desales has historically played southern Ohio teams, and provided some absolute great games. The games against Ironton always stick out. This coming week's game should be interesting. A big test for the Ironmen, but a winnable one.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Oaf wrote:
noreply66 wrote:DeSales don't belong in this district.........just the big guys wanting to keep the Southeatern out

Hope the Ironmen beats their butts big time.
Do you feel the same way about all the other Columbus schools in the region that didn't qualify for the playoffs or just the one school that did?

Columbus is a central region....none of them belong in this area...my opinion is....they want as many Columbus team to get in the final so they spread team out. They don't want them to knock each other out. Also DeSales is north of I70 almost in Delaware county

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You will have to play those teams eventually. Play the game and get more battle tested for the games ahead. Play with pride and give em hell.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

No it's not almost in Delaware County, DeSales is up on Karl Road, well within 270 and a Columbus city mailing address. I-70 is no where near the Delaware County line. What about current teams like Coshocton or Sparta Highland formerly being lumped into the southern regions? Not to mention all the other terrible football programs in this region from the city that had no affect on the outcome. There is no central region. Look at Div 1 alignments for columbus area schools for example. The Westerville schools and the Dublin schools are not in the same region. I don't see the conspiracy that you see. The other poster is right, ohsaa has to spread the teams around so integrity remains intact.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

DeSales is the pick and it may not be close. BTW, the SEO Regional has mostly SEO teams with few from outside of " Dogpatch ", but the region is rarely won by kin,lol. Since the area has not done much to make itself relevant, why worry now?

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

To get equal regions with the same NUMBER of schools, Southeastern Oh is always going to travel farther or have parts of other cities added to its region. Since we have primarily D-3 or smaller schools, those regions don't have as many 'north' teams. However, due to more disbursement, the regions are still quite large. The divisions are fair, in a sense that "knocking the SE Ohio teams Out' cannot happen, should those teams deserve to compete with the other regions in the first place.
Secondly, concerning who is the home/away team for Regional competition, is most simply remembered like this: The winning team gets the rights of the highest seeded team in that game.
Therefore, An eight seed becomes the One seed if they win, because they are still in the higher bracket, and so-forth. However, a 6 seed who defeats a 3 seed, would still be the visiting team the following week, due to being scheduled to play the #2 vs #7 winner, even if #2 has been defeated by #7, because the #7 has defeated a "stronger" team, and gains the benefits of #2. When in doubt, refer to sentence #1. "The winning team gets the rights of the highest seeded team in that game" lol
Btw, I don't think this is one of those classic Desales teams with the killer schedule, and still competed. A 6-4 record in those days might include 4 losses to D-1 playoff teams, and a total margin of loss being less than a TD per game. I believe they are quite beatable this year. Nevertheless, I've gotta root for the Ironmen. Go get 'em fellas!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Is this game's location confirmed yet?

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

I think it is ridiculous to argue whether or not DeSales should be in this region. I think that we can compete with anyone in the region. I am looking forward to this game wherever it's scheduled to be played. I would like to see a little payback from the 1996 playoff game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

remember what ole bait said about desales. this is what I was afraid of for the ironmen.

with that said nothing would suit me better than to see the ironmen shove this down the stallions neck.nothing at all against my catholic buddies. it's how these private schools are ran. and the advantages they have. i'll not go into that as I did the west/Hartley game. but that game should show you what I mean.

Jackson is the real deal this year. and i'l love to see them win the state. make no bones about it, this is gonna be a tough wall to scale. but congratulations to coach andy hall and ironmen nation.ole bait is a rootin for you from fighting tiger nation.

Return to “Football”