#3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

ironman02
SEOP

Re: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 wrote:
NT Matt Curtis was also out correct?
Can't remember for sure, but FB/DT Shannon Smith definitely was. Boggs was limited running the ball too because he had re-injured his knee in Week 11 against Hillsboro.

The DeSales defense was unbelievably good though. That Jackson offense was as explosive as any we have ever had, and DeSales didn't give up a point to them. LB Matt Stewart went to Vanderbilt and then played 10 seasons in the NFL. NT Grant Bowman, who was starting as a sophomore I think, went on to play at Michigan and won a Super Bowl ring with your Steelers. Not sure if he was on the active roster, but he was at least on the practice squad.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

There's definitely not a lot of seating on the visitors side. Parking which I know they typically don't direct it but there is a good size grass area on the backside of the home side that will fit quite a few vehicles. Also if you are pulling around backside of the visitors if it's open to drive thru there's more grass to park in with minimal walking. Parking shouldn't be an issue, getting out might be with the side streets and all. But no one should have any issues finding parking and not having that far to walk. Home side bleachers is definitely where it's at though if Desales doesn't travel well those boys will be getting a lot of sound coming from behind them because it'll hold quite a bit of ironman

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I watched the Jackson,Ironton game and thought that the Ironmen would have a difficult time in the playoffs. I think that stands true and Jackson exits this round. A terribly weak schedule didn't prepare them for teams they play in the playoffs! Deciding on a undefeated season and advancing I the playoffs maybe should be considered when making a schedule!

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

The FC Fan wrote:Has there ever been a playoff game held at Peden? Anyone?
chillman wrote:in the late 80's early 90's ironton played at least 2 if not 3 or 4 times at peden stadium. i remember giving my ticket to the guy at the gate in 89, st clairsville game, ticket taker said- 'ironton playoff games are the biggest crowds we get, more than any OU game' of course OU was consistently bad in those days and didn't draw well, and ironton was in the middle of a run of going to columbus or massillon on a regular basis and were drawing big crowds. . was always a great atmoshphere
I think Ironton has played at least 6 playoff games at Peden. Off the top of my head, I can remember games vs. St. Clairsville, Orrville, Bellaire, and Portsmouth. If anyone is interested, I can dig around and try to find more info.

Good luck to Jackson!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

PLEASE, Jackson, prove my vote to be wrong. Kickbutt against the recruits & show them what true school loyalty is all about. Hoping for a SE Ohio regional championship. I really want to be wrong!
Go iron!!!

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

tjhtygeverve wrote:PLEASE, Jackson, prove my vote to be wrong. Kickbutt against the recruits & show them what true school loyalty is all about. Hoping for a SE Ohio regional championship. I really want to be wrong!
Go iron!!!
Implying that DeSales doesn't have "true school loyalty"? On what grounds?

I do however think Jackson will make this a game and a game they have a fighter's chance in. My pick is 21-17 SFD.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

on a mission wrote:I watched the Jackson,Ironton game and thought that the Ironmen would have a difficult time in the playoffs. I think that stands true and Jackson exits this round. A terribly weak schedule didn't prepare them for teams they play in the playoffs! Deciding on a undefeated season and advancing I the playoffs maybe should be considered when making a schedule!
I understand what you are saying to an extent on a mission but who should we schedule?

Scheduling our league games (or what is left of our league) plus:
-West Jefferson a regional finalist from last year who also has advanced to Week 12 this year.
-Bishop Ready a regional finalist from last year.
-Wheelersburg a regional semi-finalist from last lear who is also advanced to Week 12 this year.
- Ironton who clearly is on the upswing again and playing in Week 12 this year.

Not exactly sure who we should schedule that is within an hour or hour and a half or so. Should we go to Columbus every weekend or Cincinnati or Dayton? Yes the non-league schedule is smaller division schools, but there are not too many D3's or bigger around our neck of the woods. Athens dropped us after last season remember and Logan is on our league schedule. Not to many other "big schools" around.

Next year we have West Jefferson, Chillicothe, Talawanda (a D3 school from Oxford 2-hours away that made this years play-offs in Region 10) and Wheelersburg. Not to mention Logan and the other remaining league teams.

With all due respect I think our AD is doing a pretty good job finding the best teams locally and keeping our travel costs somewhat reasonable to produce the most competitive team we can.

Go Red! Obviously an underdog from here on out as we go up against Parochial Powerhouse DeSales and then if we can win against the TV/Athens winner.

I am fine with being the Cinderella story as we keep playing, no issue with being a big underdog at all.

SvVikeZ07
Waterboy

Post by SvVikeZ07 »

Boss429
I have been on desales website looked at the roster and they are no bigger than Ironton, and we know how that turned out, so sometimes speed is better than size, so we will see.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Big with speed is what is scary. Their roster is deep as well. Good Luck to both squads and a injury free game.

SvVikeZ07
Waterboy

Post by SvVikeZ07 »

Depth is good but if it is 60 kids on the roster that's a good size roster for resales but I will take our 40+ kids with heart and all of them are just atheles, not taking anything away from desales they have history on their side no doubt, but we have the future. Good luck to my ironmen and remember anyone can be beat on any given Friday!!

SvVikeZ07
Waterboy

Post by SvVikeZ07 »

I'm sorry for the typos(Desales)and (athletes) I meant no disrespect.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

#1ironmenfan wrote:Depth is good but if it is 60 kids on the roster that's a good size roster for resales but I will take our 40+ kids with heart and all of them are just atheles, not taking anything away from desales they have history on their side no doubt, but we have the future. Good luck to my ironmen and remember anyone can be beat on any given Friday!!
Hope you didn't take me wrong, I know Jackson is a very good team. I'm just talking about big size with speed, not who's going to win. Good Luck to the Ironmen.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

The triple option they run is very, very hard to defend.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

athens78 wrote:The triple option they run is very, very hard to defend.
Our D-Line will experience cut blocks and bear crawls all night, their O-Line is very experienced at the technique and they are very effective.

On the good news side, we have very good defensive coaches, arguably one of the best with considerable experience defending it. We have to be disciplined on assignments, and we typically have been this season.

Given their run orientation and ours this game will go by fast lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OLE BAIT IS ROOTIN FOR THEM IRONMEN.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

If there's one thing that I'll never question, it's our heart. Last week's win was nasty...very nasty. We have to understand that now we are playing elite football teams. Do I think this team can beat DeSales? Absolutely, any teams can be beat on any given day. If we get a great week of practice in, learn our assignments, and do not make mental mistakes you'll be surprised with the outcome of this game. We can't come out and fumble x amount of times because teams like DeSales will capitalize on those mistakes and will run away with it. I also feel like it would be a good idea to have Erik Davis speak with the kids. If anyone knows what this game means it's anyone from that 1996 team. I think we might see some 'Shane Wolford' style of football being played this week. Run the ball to chew up absolutely as much clock as possible and play defense. And being the "underdog" isn't always a bad thing it just means that people expect less out of you and it gives you a chance to surprise alot of people.

"Leadership almost always involves thinking and acting like the underdog. That's because leaders work to change things, and the people who are winning rarely do"

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Does desales use a website like seop?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironmannut07 wrote:Does desales use a website like seop?
Probably see most of their fans on JJHuddle or Yappi would be my guess.

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

athens78 wrote:The triple option they run is very, very hard to defend.
Most of the time I would root for the ironboys but every year DeSales is a battle tested team, but I still look for a very close game once the ironboys adjust to the triple option. The question will be how quick will they adjust!

Return to “Football”