D6 R21 - #2 Vallley vs #3 Grandview Heights

nutronron2012
All State

Re: D6 R21 - #2 Vallley vs #3 Grandview Heights

Post by nutronron2012 »

Last Friday was their first ever home playoff win. Don't know what their overall playoff record is. Their RB #2 Joe Pinney ran for 230 yds against MC.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

nutronron2012 wrote:Last Friday was their first ever home playoff win. Don't know what their overall playoff record is. Their RB #2 Joe Pinney ran for 230 yds against MC.
Thanks the boys are doing some VSN homework....

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The youngsters calling the games this year have done an outstanding job...

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Has LV got their Coach back on the sidelines yet? Is he doing ok. I haven't heard or seen on here anywhere if he is back? If he is I will take LV in this one. He knows what he is doing. He has out coach a lot of better and bigger teams than his. I only got to see LV play P-town this year. To many games to pick from..lol

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I doubt he'll be back on the sidelines this year but his presence is all over the program...I had heard he was in the press box last week and that's where he'll probably remain the rest of the year..

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Good to hear he is doing ok. I know that makes things a lot better for the kids. Hope they pull together real hard and play like they did when I watch them play P-town. That was some game.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Ptown is not a very good indicator of how this team is playing now. Their defense looks a lot better now.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

good luck to Valley! I hate to say it but you will need it. I wish the Indians were at full speed for this game. Would really help. U never know what can happen! Indians have a tough team and they know how to win!!!

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Hoping for a Valley win, but I know first hand that GH is a solid football team and Valley will have to play a perfect game. A few forced turnovers and they could be right in this game.

OUBobcat010
Waterboy

Post by OUBobcat010 »

To say that Valley needs to play a perfect game is pretty unrealistic! Will they have to play well? Yes!! But perfect? No! The odds that GH will play at a level that would make them an unstoppable force as you suggest is hard to believe! It's the playoffs, and no matter how many games have been played by these players, they are still nervous high school KIDS! Both teams will make mistakes and whoever makes the least usually is playing the next week. I'm going to go with my gut and say that GH takes an early lead, but Valley pulls through and impresses some people!

Valley 26
GH 20

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Tiger at Heart wrote:To say that Valley needs to play a perfect game is pretty unrealistic! Will they have to play well? Yes!! But perfect? No! The odds that GH will play at a level that would make them an unstoppable force as you suggest is hard to believe! It's the playoffs, and no matter how many games have been played by these players, they are still nervous high school KIDS! Both teams will make mistakes and whoever makes the least usually is playing the next week. I'm going to go with my gut and say that GH takes an early lead, but Valley pulls through and impresses some people!

Valley 26
GH 20

I could not agree more. Having watched GH on film several times, they are a very good football team. However, this is not a situation like last season where Region 21 teams had to play perfect to knock of Ready.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Crab's brother wrote:
Tiger at Heart wrote:To say that Valley needs to play a perfect game is pretty unrealistic! Will they have to play well? Yes!! But perfect? No! The odds that GH will play at a level that would make them an unstoppable force as you suggest is hard to believe! It's the playoffs, and no matter how many games have been played by these players, they are still nervous high school KIDS! Both teams will make mistakes and whoever makes the least usually is playing the next week. I'm going to go with my gut and say that GH takes an early lead, but Valley pulls through and impresses some people!

Valley 26
GH 20

I could not agree more. Having watched GH on film several times, they are a very good football team. However, this is not a situation like last season where Region 21 teams had to play perfect to knock of Ready.
Agreed...this is a VERY winnable game, and Region. If Valley plays good football, they will be fine. If the Indians continue to make mistakes, and turn the ball over...they will be headed home.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Any Valley posters heard about anyone from the team getting in trouble at school?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

lineman7 wrote:Any Valley posters heard about anyone from the team getting in trouble at school?
No

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

lineman7 wrote:Any Valley posters heard about anyone from the team getting in trouble at school?
No. That isn't something that should be posted on here anyway. I was at the school this afternoon and everything looks to be on schedule for Friday. Everyone looks good and getting primed for Grandview Heights.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I hope that 23 and 50 are both 'more healthy' for Valley this week. I know they won't be 100%, but they need them to keep going forward.

Good Luck Valley, represent the SOC well!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

4th n Goal wrote:I hope that 23 and 50 are both 'more healthy' for Valley this week. I know they won't be 100%, but they need them to keep going forward.

Good Luck Valley, represent the SOC well!
#50 has not played but a handful of snaps all season and is out for the year. #23 is getting a little better every day, but I wouldn't expect him to be 100% the rest of the season.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

Yes, This is true. Coach Rolfe has issued a mandatory team breakfast of Wheaties...................both ball boys refused Wheaties they ate Frosted flakes. They have been grounded to the sideline for the rest of the season, towels in hand!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

N4da'score wrote:
Yes, This is true. Coach Rolfe has issued a mandatory team breakfast of Wheaties...................both ball boys refused Wheaties they ate Frosted flakes. They have been grounded to the sideline for the rest of the season, towels in hand!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
:lol:

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

lol, I had heard something a little more serious... however this isn't the place talk discuss it, just wondering if something had happened with a player

Return to “Football”