Fairland athletics

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Fairland athletics

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

CoachC wrote:
game day wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THE FIGHTING TIGERS AND THE PORTSMOUTH TROJANS SHOULD BE IN THE SOC.
I don't think the SOC wants either team in the league or it would have already been done.
The numbers are probably getting closer to those who would vote either, or both in. One of the detractors just moved south to SOC 1.
Ironton belongs in the SOC. As far as Portsmouth is concerned, I really don't care what they do. Maybe SEOAL.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

CoachC wrote:
game day wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THE FIGHTING TIGERS AND THE PORTSMOUTH TROJANS SHOULD BE IN THE SOC.
I don't think the SOC wants either team in the league or it would have already been done.
The numbers are probably getting closer to those who would vote either, or both in. One of the detractors just moved south to SOC 1.
Completely irrelevant. The SOC votes as a whole. So Clay, Western, and Eastern have as much say as Valley, wheelersburg, and Minford.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I understand that crab's just wished we could have joined there instead. but it is done.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Wow...Gallipolis had them in football the past two years and we've always played them in other sports, both boys and girls. The girls are not included in the deal, are they?

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

Jottings wrote:Wow...Gallipolis had them in football the past two years and we've always played them in other sports, both boys and girls. The girls are not included in the deal, are they?
They aren't on the schedule for Gallipolis for next year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I am sure Ironton could make a huge case for getting in the SOC and most if not all party's would allow that to happen at this point. OH will not make the move to SOC II and bringing Ironton in will put us all back at 5 conference games. Portsmouth had their chance years ago and turned it down because it was a "weak" conference. No one will tell you that they have been practically begging to get in for the past 10 years until the OVC took them.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Jottings wrote:Wow...Gallipolis had them in football the past two years and we've always played them in other sports, both boys and girls. The girls are not included in the deal, are they?

Gallia dropped every decent non-league game on their schedule.

biscut
Riding the Bench

Post by biscut »

I hope that awesome football record they had this year was worth all the recruiting! You would think they would have learned something from the Fairview program last year with Their HTown recruits!

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Saint Fairland, the Patron Saint of public school recruiting.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Wait a second, this is a public school recruiting in this part of the state?

I am shocked. I thought only private schools north of that area all recruited.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

punk rock rules
Waterboy

Post by punk rock rules »

Yes girls are included in postseason play. But the real hurt is that the individual sport kids such as cross country, golf, wrestling those kids can't do anything to help themselves for state championships because they are involved in the ban too.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

This news gives about as much information as the liberal Yahoo news!!! What Happened? DETAILS........JEESHHHHH :lol:

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Say what you want believe what you want but most Schools recruit in one way or the other and what's ironic about this whole recruiting crap the two Schools that everyone knows recruits one from Scioto the other Lawrence are four-0..good job...lmao.....All clear Ironton and Burg!!!!!...Kind a like the football player who's flagged 15 yards for a personal foul....The guy who retaliates is flagged.....not the trouble maker....Nice job OOSHA everyone's been tired of all the :mrgreen: Football ,Baseball, and Basketball championships that Fairlands been stealing from our children by cheating! There is a god! lmao

buckeye_25705
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_25705 »

the only way to stop this recruiting is to not let a kid play sports if they leave there home school, yes i know there are reasons some do other then sports but there are many who only do it for sports. its gotta stop. to many ways around the current rules

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Anybody got any more insight into this? Hadn't even heard a mention of anything prior to the announcement. This essentially a death penalty...gotta think any decent player in any sport will be considering a transfer out of Fairland given the postseason and conference play bans.*

punk rock rules
Waterboy

A board member had brought a friend of their child over from a cabell county school and allowed to them to use their address so they could go to school and play sports. That's all I know so far. The ban is for 1 year starting next season 2015-2016 school year plus fairland received a 10 k fine.

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

Need to teach them a thing or two about sportsmanship on and off the field, they are a bunch of thugs during games.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

tbone77 wrote:A board member had brought a friend of their child over from a cabell county school and allowed to them to use their address so they could go to school and play sports. That's all I know so far. The ban is for 1 year starting next season 2015-2016 school year plus fairland received a 10 k fine.
What everyone else is hearing is a 3 year ban all sports and 10k fine.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

game day wrote:
tbone77 wrote:A board member had brought a friend of their child over from a cabell county school and allowed to them to use their address so they could go to school and play sports. That's all I know so far. The ban is for 1 year starting next season 2015-2016 school year plus fairland received a 10 k fine.
What everyone else is hearing is a 3 year ban all sports and 10k fine.
A 3 year ban in all sports and 10k is a little extreme for 1 kid, so either it goes farther than 1 kid or the 3 year ban is exaggerated....

punk rock rules
Waterboy

Ive heard the 10 k fine that is true but only a one year ban but its al sports not just the sport that child partipated in the big news is that it was a board member. three year ban is a death sentence in sports foir a shcool

Return to “Football”