Fairland athletics

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Fairland athletics

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

am I the only feller that seems to think this is sounding very personal as far as executing the penalty throughout the whole school/league. isn't punishment for those involved enough. personally I think so. just like a cancer surgery, you cut out the affected parts, and go on to healing. why penalize a whole school, all the sports , and make the whole league suffer. and the new teams coming in.it seems a lot too much to me. frankly it just sounds like a vandetta to me.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

gotta be more to this story !!! something smells fishy here

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

A three year ban will kill their ability to recruit in the future!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The truth will come out soon enough

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

The funny thing is, the student in question never played a down for the Dragons; he up and went to Kentucky before the season even started.

I've heard from more than 1 source that what tbone77 mentioned is the actual penalty. I hope the name of the board member responsible is released so that the voters in the district will not vote said person back on the board come next November, though I truly believe this is grounds for that individual stepping down from the board.

IMO, the most unfortunate part of this situation is now all of the athletic teams at the school will be accused of recruiting just because they do well.
Last edited by dragonsfan24 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:gotta be more to this story !!! something smells fishy here
Just you CG.
Pol Pot wrote:A three year ban will kill their ability to recruit in the future!
:lol:

punk rock rules
Waterboy

Post by punk rock rules »

Fairland is not releasing statements yet because it is still being contested as they are appealing the ruling from the ohsaa. So no actual statement will be relased until all the information has been given and finding out if the appeal that fairland has filed will be upheld or not

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Post by DragonFan »

Pol Pot wrote:
Jottings wrote:Wow...Gallipolis had them in football the past two years and we've always played them in other sports, both boys and girls. The girls are not included in the deal, are they?

Gallia dropped every decent non-league game on their schedule.
http://www.irontontribune.com/2014/11/0 ... onference/

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

I know of four schools off the top of my head that could be in the same situation right now. They are just lucky and not caught is the only difference.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

The OHSAA has an appeals process before they make any final decisions and they do take their time in the process. Also heard that OHSAA is looking at a few other schools in the area. I think all this questioning crap is way over everyones head and should stop until there is real proof that something is going to happen.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

PurpleBlood1 wrote:The OHSAA has an appeals process before they make any final decisions and they do take their time in the process. Also heard that OHSAA is looking at a few other schools in the area. I think all this questioning crap is way over everyones head and should stop until there is real proof that something is going to happen.

Really? What schools?

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Post by DragonFan »

RHFAN!!!
Waterboy

Post by RHFAN!!! »

Wow, wonder if the hammer will come down on other schools in the area?

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

From the looks of the article it is a done deal, the school can petition for a lesser penalty with an action plan. But the decision will not be reversed. I'm sure a bunch of schools could be found guilty of the same thing, especially some in the same county!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think Fairland brought this on themselves due to the RH game. Too many people sent film to the state about the player kicking someone and the coach giving a player a high five coming off the field. The part that would concern me if the BOE did nothing about the coach high fiving the player coming off the field for un-sportsman like conduct.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

If the report is already out, I would venture to guess that this started way before the week 8 game against Rock Hill. Nothing with the OHSAA happens that quickly.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

JohnWilliams1776 wrote:Wow, wonder if the hammer will come down on other schools in the area?

What schools are you referring to?

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Slowly the details emerge. It is interesting that Huntington High School filed the complaint with the OHSAA.

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

One thing they need to do down there is learn about sportsmanship. The films that circulated around of the kid punching an opponent in the groin was horrible, the kid had to have surgery to save a testicle. I have watched them for several years and the last three or four they acted like a bunch of thugs

Return to “Football”