Week 11: #6 Martins Ferry @ #3 Ironton

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Week 11: #6 Martins Ferry @ #3 Ironton

Post by 4thgoal »

I think Ironton will cruise through this one realtively easy. Last year, I only really remember 1 kid being a standout for MF and that was #31. He played/hit extremely hard on defense and was a great lead blocker on offense.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
maniac66 wrote:I agree Purplesage it will be closer than expected but I believe Ironton will prevail late.
Ironton is big and strong and has improved since the first game and the teams they played this year helped them prepare for this.
Have a safe trip and hope both teams come out injury free.

Why do you always say Ironton has improved since the first game?? Most all teams approve from the first game of a season...
Because Burg smoked em. They cannot admit defeat even when you get taken to the wood shed.
Burg pulled away in second half I never denied Burg was the better team or that they beat Ironton well in hand.
But simple fact Ironton has improved since that game.
Just as Wheelersburg has improved since the Jackson game that they was dominated in.
Can you compare the two no but Ironton is simply a different team since that first game.
And to add more this is a Ironton VS MF post not a wow why this or that and how Burg beat Ironton so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hey I root against ironton with the best of them but I want them and burg to win to guarantee a southern ohio team in the region. I'm tired of hearing about north teams.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:Hey I root against ironton with the best of them but I want them and burg to win to guarantee a southern ohio team in the region. I'm tired of hearing about north teams.
No doubt. I hope one of our teams can shut Hartley up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well the good thing is, there are 3 that will get a shot. ironton, burg, west.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

First let me say thank you to nearly all of you for showing the respect I feel we deserve as a viable playoff team!!! Also to the Ironton poster "gotigers" who posted an extremely well written and thoughtful post on our game thread at OVAthelics.com !!!! Tigerbait yes we still have a covered home side just like you!!!!! Put in prograss and new locker rooms and visitor stands with press box in recent years it's a gem we are all very proud of it!!! Man them "burgers" are pretty rough on you guys too!!! Lmao!!!! #31 is still lighting 'me up along with several of his buddies!! Bruising defense!!! Don't know how many Tigers play both ways but if it's like most other D5 schools it's most of them and that bruising "D" can take the wind out of those two way guys!!! As far as being able to outlast or wear down the opponent through better "conditioning" I don't believe either team can do this to the other in this case unless the grind of the season or the last opponent really put them through a bad grind, which I know isn't the case on the Riders part and probably not for the Tigers!!! One last point this is not the same Rider team that Wheelersburg pounded on last year not even close!!!!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Here's our site and game three if you'd care to join in there!!!!
http://www.ovathletics.com/forum/showth ... 0-PM/page2

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you are very welcome man, no lack of respect here from this poster. been many a moon since I was at that stadium. that should be a dandy game.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

This is going to be a smash mouth war. Nothing fancy, two teams going strength on strength. This battle will be fun to watch if you like physical football. This game will most likely be decided in the trenches. Who wants it more.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think so as well.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Big Big time. Go Tigers!!!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck ITOWN!! Give the Riders an early out!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

And anyone on here that thinks the MF team is the same as last, their videos show different. Tough as nails, they run very hard and use that to set up play action, mostly with roll outs. Very good team!! Tigers need to get them out of the playoffs early!! lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm tickled to death we are talking fighting tigers playoff football again, a 2 year hiatus in these parts is like going through a depression. I have one of the old shirts from bob linns sporting goods that showed all the playoff appearances. it got so thread bare after all the years I finally had to retire it. and I guess I can't get another unless someone else prints something similar since the store shut down. so I have been adding to the years on the back with a big ole fat sharpie. yes, I know I got it bad, but we love our fighting tigers.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I don't believe it was a two year span of missing the playoffs! Matter of fact a believe year before last we were a 2-3 seed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I WAS THINKING IT WAS 2 YEARS. BUT THEN AGAIN , I BEEN HIT IN THE HEAD ALOT.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I was corrected on 2-3 seed.. I guess we were 5-8 seed.. I know we got beat by Johnstown Monroe!! Wow,I'll get it pieced together sooner or later!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

on a mission wrote:I was corrected on 2-3 seed.. I guess we were 5-8 seed.. I know we got beat by Johnstown Monroe!! Wow,I'll get it pieced together sooner or later!!
We were a 2 seed, we beat Bloom Carroll in the 1st round at home and them got hammered by Johnstown Monroe.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2012

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Martins Ferry boys of fall
http://youtu.be/34koeipFh0I

Return to “Football”