Week 11: #6 Martins Ferry @ #3 Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 11: #6 Martins Ferry @ #3 Ironton

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hey sage, that was really cool. I've had 14 surgeries and still was ready to run through the wall. what a traditional classic matchup of 2 proud ohio river teams. and the stadiums look so much alike , it crazy.this may be another classic.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
on a mission wrote:I was corrected on 2-3 seed.. I guess we were 5-8 seed.. I know we got beat by Johnstown Monroe!! Wow,I'll get it pieced together sooner or later!!
We were a 2 seed, we beat Bloom Carroll in the 1st round at home and them got hammered by Johnstown Monroe.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2012
Thanks for clearing that up! I remember the JM game we had several key players injured or got injured during the game. It was ugly!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I just can't help but think that Ironton is going to smash MF. No disrespect to them but Ironton is big a physical. I have watched some film on ferry and they just don't seem up to the task. Then again I thought jackson looked suspect on film and well it didnt work out well for my pirates. Either way good luck tigers!!!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Drew Pasteur pick:DP: Ironton (7-2) by 3 (58%) vs Martins Ferry (9-1) That's pretty much a home field advantage spread so I'd say it's even!!! Not a bad first round game as more than 2/3 of his spreads are 20+ points or more!!! Paper oh if it can only meet the expectations of what's on paper we'd all be happy I think!!! Play hard and leave it out there boys and no matter the outcome we'll be proud!!!

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Calpreps has Ironton winning 31-17 on a neutral field.. I think that is about right.. Ironton by at least 14, maybe more playing at home..

spchapman19
Waterboy

Post by spchapman19 »

Im taking the Tigers in this one 21-6

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I thought that was a pretty good you tube clip until the Kenny Cheney song & other schools shown(celin, etc.)
I was looking for more MF highlights & footage of that nice stadium!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm making a bold prediction here.

I think this will be an awesome game by 2 ohio river teams , with covered stadium's proud pasts and covered stadiums, between 2 teams that have had great years, and here's the bold part. somebody will advance to week 12.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Tigers big, MF's schedule is trash.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

Hay jolly pirate, as soon as the smoke clears the air, check the won-loss record, what is it now 7 for 24 and you want to talk smoke? Burg has a good team, nobody denies that, but the record burg has against Ironton is not a record to brag about. Enjoy your success while you have it, because when you play Ironton year in and year out it will be short lived. jmo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

did all of ironton's opponents make the playoffs, other than Portsmouth and Columbus saint Charles and meigs.

these are 3 teams that normally had very tough squads, generally if you are on the fighting tigers schedule, you are a playoff lock almost because of the way they schedule.i hope that these 3 squads get back to playing top quality football.

I wished I could be there. mrs. bait has to work, and I still got a truck needin fixed. i'll be there in spirit though my orange and black buddies.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GET ER DONE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Oaf wrote:Tigers big, MF's schedule is trash.
You're basing irontons win on MF schedule? That's ridiculous. While I think the tigers win, I'm not basing it because of their schedule. They beat who they were supposed to beat and only lost to an undefeated team by 7. This I don't think will be a blow out. One score or two

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

wobycat wrote:
You're basing irontons win on MF schedule? That's ridiculous. While I think the tigers win, I'm not basing it because of their schedule. They beat who they were supposed to beat and only lost to an undefeated team by 7. This I don't think will be a blow out. One score or two
Ridiculous? The Riders have no one even remotely close to an "Ironton" caliber team on their schedule, including St. Clairsville. You really think 8-2 Indian Creek was any good? Besides, I'm not basing it solely on SOS. The Belmont County teams are complete pretenders again this year. Look for a first round sweep.

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

The Oaf wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Ridiculous? The Riders have no one even remotely close to an "Ironton" caliber team on their schedule, including St. Clairsville. You really think 8-2 Indian Creek was any good? Besides, I'm not basing it solely on SOS. The Belmont County teams are complete pretenders again this year. Look for a first round sweep.
Wow. Fold up the tents Riders. Save the gas money and not even show up for the game according to this post.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Good luck Fighting Tigers. Jackson and grandma1 are rooting for you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there ain't nobody on seops that don't know gm1 that doubts for a minute that she really wants the fighting tigers to win. thank you my dear friend.good luck to your ironmen as well.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

MARTINS FERRY!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BBallin fool wrote:MARTINS FERRY!!!
I am coming to believe that you are a hater. :lol:

BurgGrad6