Portsmouth west @ bishop Hartley

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth west @ bishop Hartley

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The Hawks might not pass many eye test, but they are for real.

I have watched them defeat two good squads this year and each time I came away more impressed with them then I started with.

They are fast and very well coached.
They are very disciplined and as good at what they are coached to do.

Hawks, 49-13.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Glad to see West in

Play with heart and leave it all on the field.

Haters are going to hate but you are playing another week. They went home.

Good Luck And GO WEST.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Good luck West kids.

What is West QB stats for the year?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Prepare hard and play hard. What happens happens.

Regardless it's good for the program and the kids. Even if we loose it's a good measuring stick going forward of what we need to do to get where we want to go.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

Regardless of the outcome of the game, these kids and coaches know that' they have exceeded their expectations. I for one am tickled to death for the west side kids to get to play in week 11. I might just have to go to this one.
GOoD LUCK WEST!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

If you have time warner cable.
Go to channel 1
Movies on Demand
Local on Demand
Local on Demand
High School Sports
Football
Week 3
The Hartley/Marion-Franklin game is on there. Dang BH is huge.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Good Luck West! Nice to see them get to continue on. Game day stats are on Max Preps.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Nice season P. West and thanks for coming. Running clock in this one. Hartley huge.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congratulations to the Senators on making the playoffs and good luck against Hartley.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

Would love to see West pull the upset. But it won't happen
Hartley 49
West 14

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

athens78 wrote:Nice season P. West and thanks for coming. Running clock in this one. Hartley huge.
Oh really??? :122246

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:Honestly I would love to see an upset, and like every other West Fan, we all thought we could beat Burg, but we are all eating crow, especially me.... Burg was honestly the first football team we played that was actually a good football team, Valley, was good, but not Burg good, or valley good the last 3 years, LU and Newark Catholic were both big names but not good football teams, Hartley is a Monster, But stranger things have happened in High school football.
Goodluck Boys
Play your butts off

West will learn from the Burg game , just like Burg learned from the Jakson game..... Go get West..

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Sport Fan wrote:
WestSideFan2002 wrote:Honestly I would love to see an upset, and like every other West Fan, we all thought we could beat Burg, but we are all eating crow, especially me.... Burg was honestly the first football team we played that was actually a good football team, Valley, was good, but not Burg good, or valley good the last 3 years, LU and Newark Catholic were both big names but not good football teams, Hartley is a Monster, But stranger things have happened in High school football.
Goodluck Boys
Play your butts off

West will learn from the Burg game , just like Burg learned from the Jakson game..... Go get West..
Go get Hartley

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Hartley will win by 40+. Pretty crazy that everything worked out for West to sneak into the playoffs.

Hopefully West brings a big crowd. The stadium at Hartley is about identical to Ohio Dominican, but the away side is a little bigger. (I think thats where NC and West played) Can't wait to see another team that is orange and black.... Seems like every team Hartley plays in the playoffs is orange and black.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Upsets do happen and Hartley's plan is to run run run and maybe run more.
That being said id West can keep it close and don't allow big plays or turn the ball over anything can happen.
Go West leave it all on the field.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Good luck and was glad to see another SOC team get in!!!

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Only one team in the division has been able to stop the pee-wee style offense of the hawks. they live and die with their speed. good luck west, it will be a tall task to beat them in columbus.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Congrats to west for making the play-offs! Now practice hard and saturday play HARDER!!!! Either come home with the upset WIN or wear hartley out so bad that when Burg plays them in a few weeks, they will be easier to beat! lol :)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Pee wee style would make one think to go back to a 5-2 defense with safeties playing tight and corners in. Just have to watch for the sweep that comes once in a blue moon to keep you honest. They can be beat. The one to do it will have to be supremely disciplined and not commit stupid penalties. Hang on to the ball as long as possible to keep the Offense off the field. The less time they have to score the better. They can bleed a clock. If you can stop the big play then you have a shot. But when they run on 97% of the time you have to continue to contain it to 2, 3 or 4 yards everytime. No one said you have to stop them completely cause that won't happen. Make them grind it out every drive.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Their pee wee style offense is extremely effective. They invite you to load the box, then one counter and your watching one of their tailbacks screaming down the sidelines. The key to Hartley is being sound in discipline. They can be scored on. For west to pull a win out. They need to hand the ball to welch 75% of the time, grinding clock and yards. Then they need a bend don't break defense, and hope for a turnover or two.

Return to “Football”