St. Clairsville (47) @ Meigs (6)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 2 St. Clairsville @ Meigs (Sat 9/2)

Post by Orange and Brown »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 am Update on Injuries.

Helton had surgery this morning to fix broken collarbone

Mattox goes for MRI on Monday to check for possible Meniscus Tear.
I hope they can both make it back. Hate to see kids get injured.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Hope both heal quickly and get back out there!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:11 am
Stone Cold wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 pm
Fonzie wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:12 am I believe Meigs will continue with the wildcat offense and will use multiple personnel. I was honestly impressed with how the coaching adapted to the loss of both Mattox and Helton. I believe they did a quick test of a few different offensive schemes and when they landed on one that worked, they ran with it. I know Bartrum tends to get harassed quite a bit on this site for being a "preacher" or what have you, but I believe he has surrounded himself with quality coaches and as a staff, they work well together.

Lastly, this is my soapbox for the day. speaking of how Bartrum is constantly run down the road for being an ex-NFL player or preacher or countless other phrases....My question is this, Is that really such a bad thing? Would you rather have a head coach with very little football experience? Would you rather have someone that has only been exposed to one or two coaching styles before taking the helm of a program? Would you rather have someone that has few, if any contacts to try and get a talented kid to the next level? Would you rather have a guy that you have to worry about how he conducts himself off the field and what type of influence he has on kids? Maybe I stand alone in the belief that I would rather have an individual that will not hide his faith and will be a role model for our youth. I don't have any kids on the team, I am simply a member of the community that appreciates that a guy like Mike would put his time and effort into his community. People who leave and make a name for themselves rarely come back and give back to their community. For what it is worth, I will be proud to have my boy play for Mike and his coaching staff in the future.
My my my... that is some serious butt kissing!! 🤢 You obviously have not been talking to many folks in marauder land. Dig a little deeper and what you find might surprise you!!!
You're welcome to keep your opinion and I will respect that. However, I will choose to go by what I know and have seen personally to form my opinion, rather from hearsay. You can say its butt kissing as well, but seeing how no one knows who I am, it wouldn't do me much good to post that on this site if that was my intentions.
I wasn't trying to sway your opinion. In fact, I don't much care if you want to kiss his feet and call him the god of football. All I was saying is that from what i have seen and heard, he wouldn't be my first choice as a role model for my kids.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Since 2012, Head Coach Mike Bartrum is 27-25 at Meigs with only two winning seasons (7-3 in 2013 and 6-4 in 2015) and is an abysmal 1-19 against teams with a winning record. His only win for this statistic came against River Valley this previous football season.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:31 pm Since 2012, Head Coach Mike Bartrum is 27-25 at Meigs with only two winning seasons (7-3 in 2013 and 6-4 in 2015) and is an abysmal 1-19 against teams with a winning record. His only win for this statistic came against River Valley this previous football season.
Wow! This is a surprising stat. They beat Clearcreek a few years ago. They didn't have a winning record that year?

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:34 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:31 pm Since 2012, Head Coach Mike Bartrum is 27-25 at Meigs with only two winning seasons (7-3 in 2013 and 6-4 in 2015) and is an abysmal 1-19 against teams with a winning record. His only win for this statistic came against River Valley this previous football season.
Wow! This is a surprising stat. They beat Clearcreek a few years ago. They didn't have a winning record that year?
He is only 26 -25

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Tonight St. Clairsville @ Meigs

Post by mattash »

Meigs by 6

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

george wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:26 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:34 pm
He is only 26 -25
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Only should have 51 games under his belt. They beat RV in 2015 as well and that was their playoff year. Didn't thy have a winning record then? Not sure if the 1-19 thing is accurate.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

The 1-19 is correct. The year Meigs defeated Amanda Clearcreek, the Aces had a 2-8 record. I mis-counted the 1-0 record of this year twice.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:15 pm The 1-19 is correct. The year Meigs defeated Amanda Clearcreek, the Aces had a 2-8 record. I mis-counted the 1-0 record of this year twice.
Don't think so Meigs has beat River Valley the last 2 years River was 7 -4 and 6-4

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs 0
St Clairsville 0
End of 1

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I was off by one on that as well. Either way, his coaching record is trash against teams with a winning record.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs is down 27-0 now. Meigs can't move the ball

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

St. Clairsville has an established football program even in there down years they are going to be pretty tough to beat.
With that said any team who has to adjust like Meigs losing a number of key players makes it difficult to win.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

47/06 St. Clairsville.....final

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm I was off by one on that as well. Either way, his coaching record is trash against teams with a winning record.
You did get the 19 right. Reminds me of Meigs in the seasons 2000 - 2010 I think they went 7 season without beating a team with a winning record

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm I was off by one on that as well. Either way, his coaching record is trash against teams with a winning record.
I think in 12 seasons 2000 - 2011 Meigs beat 3 teams with a winning record

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: St. Clairsville (47) @ Meigs (6)

Post by Stone Cold »

Nice stats George. So meigs has been terribly coached since 2000? Or have they just had no talent?

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

some of the reason is that they didn't play teams with a winning record

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I mean honestly, Meigs has beefed up their schedule TOO much since Bartrum has been there in my opinion. They've added Logan, traditionally a powerhouse, Amanda Clearcreek, Jackson, Pt. Pleasant and this game. Then you have Athens and NY every year. They just don't win against these teams, unless those teams are having bad seasons. Maybe schedule solid teams, but not so many teams that are traditionally powerhouses that have surges of talent and schedule them all in the same season.

Return to “Football”