WK 10 ROCK HILL 2-7 (1-2) @ COAL GROVE 6-3 (3-0)

osu 77
All State

Re: WK 10 ROCK HILL 2-7 (1-2) @ COAL GROVE 6-3 (3-0)

Post by osu 77 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:TOO MUCH FROM THE HORNETS I BELIEVE IN THIS GAME.
and a redmen squad that is in complete turmoil. the have like 17 kids that want to play and try very hard , if that's what I understand. and it's just nearly impossible to get er done that way. the questions will be many after Friday about the coaching situation, will there even be a football program next year. the kids are there and they want to play football. they have sharp uni's, a wonderful stadium and favcilities, a great loyal following.something somewhere has to change, there is no reason that this school should not have a football program.good luck to both squads here.
I have seen their facilities and they are great. Their weight room looks like a small college weight room. If they make changes they should find someone that will make the weight room top priority for the whole team. Also I feel it they will need to be someone local that know the people in the community and walk the hallways and the country side getting kids out to play.

PS TB you lived out that way do you think?
Yes I lived at kitts hill for 32 years , before moving to lake white in waverly, in 2010. I also had an opportunity to coach youth football out there for years. and we were extremely successful. I called every parent that had a male basically, met the kids at recess, had the principals have a couple assemblies at the school for all boys to come down to listen. when I first started I had the kitts hill/hanging rock team-------------and there was another team pedro and Decatur. then we combined the 4 schools into one team. we had a great run, and those teams were in the high school playoffs as well back thenas they got older. so the kids are there, the facilities are second to none. so the district is going to have to want it back. and fully get behind it, or rock hill may not even have a program next year. and the cold hard fact is, they may be in the weakest overall football league currently in the state. and can't compete now. ironton and Portsmouth will start play there next year. and I actually look for at least gallipolis to come over very soon.i don't agree with it being someone local, a fresh face needs to come in there that has been successful, and change the whole dynamics of the whole program, and run a tight ship.

Some good points I do believe there are fresh faces locally though not currently in the school system. It will need to be someone that the kids and the community will believe in and has strong leadership and football knowledge.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I certainly agree there. I'm not saying a good candidate is not in that district. but I'm betting they go outside it with a long term contract that has a successful past. and that's if they even make any changes at all.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ah, Coal Grove/Rock Hill. This one won't be pretty at all but it's always nice to reminisce on what used to be a very intense and (on occasion) a very important rivalry game. Rock Hill has often been the doormat of the OVC down through the years and Coal Grove has often been right near the top. Things have been that way this year. But this year the OVC is as bad as it has ever been which means winning it is not exactly a banner year and finishing at the bottom, frankly, is embarrassing. Both programs are stagnant, although at different locations on the food chain. Here's hoping for a somewhat competitive game.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

In regards to the coaching situation... When Coach Lucas does step down, the next head football coach will have problems because he probably won't have support from the fans since they all can't support their current head coach.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Hornet_Fan wrote:In regards to the coaching situation... When Coach Lucas does step down, the next head football coach will have problems because he probably won't have support from the fans since they all can't support their current head coach.
I understand but the support has been there for a long time. As of late CG has not had as much success and the talent they have this year is second none.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

wemufans wrote:Rock Hill needs to make a change and a quick one before no kids ever want to play football there again.
RH fans the pain will be over after tonight until next year if there is not a change.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Anyone got a score for this bad boy?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Last I seen was 40-8 the Grove.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Another long year for the RH players and fans. At least you did not finish last in the league SP took those honors.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

I hope that, just because Rock Hill didn't finish last, they don't keep things the way they are.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

manwithplan wrote:I hope that, just because Rock Hill didn't finish last, they don't keep things the way they are.

Coach Knipp really needs to step down. A coaching change may not change a thing but it is worth a try!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

What I heard that he was going to make the BOE fire him. He was not stepping down at this time.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Well then, that's what the BOE needs to do. He sure doesn't have the statistics, to make them want to keep him. They need to give someone else a chance to turn around a program, that is on life support.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

My question is if they get rid of him who woul want the job? Lets face it, that job is not very desirable, theres no talent walking the halls or coming up in next few years, to many daddies and mommies think they know more about coaching, and as has been pointed out over and over schools are getting smaller. No decent coach will want that job. Best candidate is some 1st year head coach that wants experience.

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

manwithplan wrote:Well then, that's what the BOE needs to do. He sure doesn't have the statistics, to make them want to keep him. They need to give someone else a chance to turn around a program, that is on life support.
I thought that the Blue Devils needed a change but after seeing what is going on down at Rock Hill it is hard to believe. When was the last time Rock Hill had a winning or 500 season?

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

manwithplan wrote:Well then, that's what the BOE needs to do. He sure doesn't have the statistics, to make them want to keep him. They need to give someone else a chance to turn around a program, that is on life support.
I thought that the Blue Devils needed a change but after seeing what is going on down at Rock Hill it is hard to believe. When was the last time Rock Hill had a winning or 500 season?
I think plaid pants were still in style. :shock:

Kay
Waterboy

Post by Kay »

manwithplan wrote:
I think plaid pants were still in style. :shock:
plaid pants aren't in style?......crap

SV1134
Freshman Team

Post by SV1134 »

Rock Hill's record the past 10 years is a combined 34-66.

2005: 9-1 - Playoff Appearance
2006: 6-4
2007: 7-3 - Playoff Appearance
2008: 0-10
2009: 3-7
2010: 2-8
2011: 3-7
2012: 1-9
2013: 1-9
2014: 2-8

Coming from someone who has followed Rock Hill throughout this time, I find this to be extremely sad. A program that use to be respectable, hard nosed, and competitive is now the complete opposite. There is a variety of excuses to why this team has been so bad: coaches, talent, parents, etc. All I know is the obvious and that is the fact that there does need to be changes made. Now I don't know what exactly needs to be done, or am I smart enough to know what needs to be done. I do know that the Rock Hill community needs to come together and step up, because seeing this is extremely disappointing.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BlockO wrote:Rock Hill's record the past 10 years is a combined 34-66.

2005: 9-1 - Playoff Appearance
2006: 6-4
2007: 7-3 - Playoff Appearance
2008: 0-10
2009: 3-7
2010: 2-8
2011: 3-7
2012: 1-9
2013: 1-9
2014: 2-8

Coming from someone who has followed Rock Hill throughout this time, I find this to be extremely sad. A program that use to be respectable, hard nosed, and competitive is now the complete opposite. There is a variety of excuses to why this team has been so bad: coaches, talent, parents, etc. All I know is the obvious and that is the fact that there does need to be changes made. Now I don't know what exactly needs to be done, or am I smart enough to know what needs to be done. I do know that the Rock Hill community needs to come together and step up, because seeing this is extremely disappointing.

Very good post!

RH needs to move fast to stop the bleeding. I am hearing many of their younger kids are looking at other schools. 2 of them have already visited local schools and are looking to change schools. The BOE and the AD should have some type of plan ready to present to the kids to keep them.

Return to “Football”