Week 9 River Valley @ Athens

athens78
All State

Re: Week 9 River Valley @ Athens

Post by athens78 »

Orange and Brown you should just change your name to Brown since your the turd. 50 -0 already and Williams still in the game with what 8 minutes or more to go in the second quarter? 100 is coming.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

running clock will keep the 100 off the board...........but i would like to see it

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'd imagine the Raiders would much rather be playing, say, a South Point or a Fairland tonight. Yikes...

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

63-0 with 7 minutes left and Burrow still in, yep 100 is coming and classless act they done this year against a cake walk in a cake walk schedule.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I will agree that there's no way the starting QB (or any starter) needs to still be in this game. Neither team wins by keeping them in. Score gets worse for RV; players risk getting hurt for Athens.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:63-0 with 7 minutes left and Burrow still in, yep 100 is coming and classless act they done this year against a cake walk in a cake walk schedule.
7 mins left in the half.

and he was out after the 63rd point was scored.

what should he do, just not play and hope he is not rusty in week 11?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Burrow played a quarter and a half tonight!

How does that help them get ready for the playoffs?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'm sure Athens will say we're getting ready for the playoffs. Anyone believes that they know nothing it's an excuse to run up the score. How about just running the ball instead of throwing for 6 TD's. You are not getting ready for the playoffs playing these kind of teams period, again just an excuse Athens can use. Classless by the staff. Oh if another teams beats up on teams 82-7 and this score and Athens was one of them you'd here so much crying it would be pitiful. Playing a schedule like this is like just playing an empty defense. No way it helps you get better for the playoffs because your playing no one any good, period.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Whatever man.

Doesn't matter what league or who Athens played in SEO this year, results would be the same.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

athens78 wrote:I'm sure Athens will say we're getting ready for the playoffs. Anyone believes that they know nothing it's an excuse to run up the score. How about just running the ball instead of throwing for 6 TD's. You are not getting ready for the playoffs playing these kind of teams period, again just an excuse Athens can use. Classless by the staff. Oh if another teams beats up on teams 82-7 and this score and Athens was one of them you'd here so much crying it would be pitiful. Playing a schedule like this is like just playing an empty defense. No way it helps you get better for the playoffs because your playing no one any good, period.
Get over it. Why complain? I agree with dog. They could have put 70 on the board in Death Valley. Other teams have seen where the past couple years where they need to get to if they are to live up to their fans expectations, lol.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

93Bulldog wrote:Whatever man.

Doesn't matter what league or who Athens played in SEO this year, results would be the same.
So your saying Athens would be up the same score against Jackson at this point ?????????????
I think people are thinking and I maybe wrong I want to see Athens go and win it all but they our playing lesser competition to say the least.
But to say they that is disrespectful to Jackson I believe.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They did beat Jackson 49-0 last year.

same exact team, but better.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

so your saying last years Athens that team beat Tri-Valley 55-52 in OT will be worse because same exact team but Athens is only better right ?
I like the fact you support your team and refuse to allow doubt in how good they are but if they played a tougher schedule would they be as good ?
I am not looking to fight like I said I would love to see Athens win it all but would they be as successful in another League.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

I would say that all leagues in SEO they dominate. Now if you want to cherry pick a league somewhere in ohio they may not be as successful but would probably still score quite a bit.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

Athens beats any team in southeastern Ohio this year fairly easy. I don't think that is up for debate. However, I do think if they were still playing in the SEOAL they would have at least gotten some resistance from Jackson and been competing against schools their own size.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

All people do is cry and cry!!

Why can't people just get behind a group of KIDS who are trying to win a state title.

No one knows how they would do in other leagues. I'd say they would dominate any league in S. E. Ohio

Jackson would keep it close for a little while but I think Athens would still score 56 on them.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

athens78 wrote:I'm sure Athens will say we're getting ready for the playoffs. Anyone believes that they know nothing it's an excuse to run up the score. How about just running the ball instead of throwing for 6 TD's. You are not getting ready for the playoffs playing these kind of teams period, again just an excuse Athens can use. Classless by the staff. Oh if another teams beats up on teams 82-7 and this score and Athens was one of them you'd here so much crying it would be pitiful. Playing a schedule like this is like just playing an empty defense. No way it helps you get better for the playoffs because your playing no one any good, period.

you posted this the week of Steubenville

Re: Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

Post by athens78 » October 3rd, 2014, 10:23 am

They may be watching but no one cares about the out come except Athens and Big Red. The only reason there is attention is because of the best Quarterback in the country, Burrow is playing in it and it's up North where football rules and Big Red are a tradition Power House, although down this year.

now your crying because he tossed 6 TD's

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Athens vs Point Pleasant is the game I would like to see! I take Point in that game. Better defense, better running back, also a great QB.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Prince of Darkness wrote:Athens beats any team in southeastern Ohio this year fairly easy. I don't think that is up for debate. However, I do think if they were still playing in the SEOAL they would have at least gotten some resistance from Jackson and been competing against schools their own size.

You mean schools their size like Gallia and Zanesville?

Tri Valley is not in the SE District, they are in Region 9. They are the only school who can stop Athens from a Regional Title.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

sportslifelove wrote:Athens vs Point Pleasant is the game I would like to see! I take Point in that game. Better defense, better running back, also a great QB.

You are smoking crack and popping acid at the same time. Point could not handle Jackson or any other decent to good OHIO mid-sized school. WV HS Football does not compare across the river

Return to “Football”