(Week 9) Gallipolis (4-4) at Logan (3-5)

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Re: (Week 9) Gallipolis (4-4) at Logan (3-5)

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

Logan

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Watched Gallia and Warren. Gallia just took opportunities presented and Warren did not. Both teams should be livid at how poor the officials were. (Same crew that did Warren v Chesapeake, they were just as horrednous as this week) Many just bad or questionable calls going both ways. Looked like they were making it up as they went along. Warren won the game on paper, but lost at the most important part, the score-board. Logan should come away with a minimum 14-17 point win.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Blackjack wrote:KVN - was at the Portsmouth game and noticed the field had a strong odor of a sewer. Is that safe for the kids?
Sounds like raw sewage was surfacing somewhere, maybe a leech bed septic system back up. How close is the field to the river? No, the gas from raw sewage and breathing it is not good at constant high levels for anyone. Not fit for man or animals. If a constant strong sewer odor is present, there's a problem that needs to be checked out and fixed.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I remember that smell when we played down there trench.Must not be that bad or we be dead by now, although a few members of our team have passed on so maybe they were exposed to sewage :lol: ,heck Logan High School is even having their own problem with sewage right now over in that ditch, but at least they got the carpet to play on and don't have to worry about it coming up through the ground

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Maybe that's what's wrong with me Bolt, replacing all those sewer lines and pipe up in Reynoldsburg all those years. I'm sick all the time, it seems like. Breathing to much sewer gas over time probably. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

LOL love the new avatar! Is that Lake Logan Beach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:Maybe that's what's wrong with me Bolt, replacing all those sewer lines and pipe up in Reynoldsburg all those years. I'm sick all the time, it seems like. Breathing to much sewer gas over time probably. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like out in front of Logan City council

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bolt, you been wanting me to put this picture on here for awhile now, so I thought what a good time to do it talking about raw sewage. You know where it's at. :lol: :lol: :lol: Location of this picture is classified but shows how raw sewage gets in our lakes and rivers basically and needs to be stopped. It is a comical picture though. :lol: :lol: :lol: Noreply, you got that right about LCC. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

If the injured Logan linemen are back, they win with ease.. If they aren't, they still win.. High scoring game..

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

a lot depends on where your at with the sewer smell. there is a spot toward the visiting locker room. and one spot on the visiting side that the storm drains connect into the sewer system. really only notice the smell when it rains. also not to far behind the visitors side is chickamuga creek and some of those houses used to have septic tanks and leach beds that when it rain caused a worse odor.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

kvnchambers wrote:a lot depends on where your at with the sewer smell. there is a spot toward the visiting locker room. and one spot on the visiting side that the storm drains connect into the sewer system. really only notice the smell when it rains. also not to far behind the visitors side is chickamuga creek and some of those houses used to have septic tanks and leach beds that when it rain caused a worse odor.
That smell will never go away! Smelled back in the early 70's and that no S???!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

kvnchambers wrote:a lot depends on where your at with the sewer smell. there is a spot toward the visiting locker room. and one spot on the visiting side that the storm drains connect into the sewer system. really only notice the smell when it rains. also not to far behind the visitors side is chickamuga creek and some of those houses used to have septic tanks and leach beds that when it rain caused a worse odor.
I don't know how anyone from Gallipolis can complain about sewer smell when Chickamauga Creek floods Memorial field every year and it's known to be a sewer creek!
That's a sore subject with me, how they never planned on building a new football field and get our kids out of that disease infested place!! just a little saving on the huge cavernous school and we would have a new football field! Ridiculous!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:
That smell will never go away! Smelled back in the early 70's and that no S???!
Any sewer smell will go away if the problem is found and fixed properly. It's usually a simple back up or a busted pipe or not being channeled correctly. Could be other issues causing it as well.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Ultron wrote:Dazed&Confused,
Could you explain why you think Logan will continue to be a 5- 5 program moving forward? You said based on the under classes, and I would like to disagree. Logan's freshman went 5-3 as Eighth graders... not quite sure their record this year.. The current 8th grade went 4-3-1, and the 7th grade went 5-3. How does that equate to 5-5 moving forward, with a much softer schedule the next couple of years. Next year will be year 3 of the Burke era, and I have a feeling that not only will next years squad be a possible playoff team( softer schedule), but that the following years we will continue to see logan improve.
Hope you're right. I'm not as close to the underclasses anymore. I just dont hear any buzz coming from them. And Jackson cleaned Logan's clocks at all grade levels. That tells me something. It used to be the other way around.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote: Hope you're right. I'm not as close to the underclasses anymore. I just dont hear any buzz coming from them. And Jackson cleaned Logan's clocks at all grade levels. That tells me something. It used to be the other way around.
FWIW - my class couldn't string together multiple first downs in MS. Ended up 10-0 and hosting the first ever home playoff game our senior year.

I think Alex Penrod was like our 4th string QB at that level while Matt Mong and Derek Harden (who both played D1 college football) were guards (they played FB and TB in HS).

I don't know much about the younger grades to be honest. But have also learned to be careful about using it as a measuring stick.

Jackson looks to be loaded for a while though. Logan's current freshman class looks pretty good to me, injuries and a weird schedule have really hurt them. But I see some pretty good football players in that class.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Don't disagree with your analysis Locos all that much.

On a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 being no correlation between peewee, middle school and varsity success and 100 being absolute certainty between peewee, middle school and varsity success. I give the correlation about a 67.32.

The younger classes gives you some ideas about athleticism and overall ability, but kids change a bunch between 11 and 16, not to mention people move in move out, etc.

Similar to comparing common opponents when predicting a game, yes there is some correlation but match-ups and rivals and weather and who is hurt not hurt plays into a lot as well.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

It would be interesting to see the success rates of how Logan's playoff teams fared in the lower grades,I know Locos says his class struggled, but I bet most those teams had one or two grades that were pretty good all the way through.I would say 67 TO 70 percent would be pretty accurate doubleplay.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A lot of time in boys they will get their full height in the 7th or 8th grade [even 6th] and they will be MS stars but after that the other will catch up or even pass them.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I think you're right C Bolt, but let us hope for better! If the kids work hard, and the numbers stay up, Logan's got a fighting chance for keeping the program more than respectable any given year. For now, Go Chiefs!

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

My Logan High class never won a single 7th thru 9th grade game in both football & basketball. (several years ago) In fact, we never came close to winning. The class below us were also bad. My senior year we were 7-3 in football and won 80% of our basketball games.. We got stronger, faster and were better coached in high school. Plus, I think a lot of it has to do with numbers. With a lot of kids on the team, you work harder to be the best at your position or someone else will take your place...

Return to “Football”