Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

on a mission
All Conference

Re: Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

Post by on a mission »

This group of Tigers are use to being the underdogs and seem to enjoy playing that role. I'm looking forward to a great game and the Tigers locking in a home playoff game! Go Tigers!

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

The Ironmen should have no problems here. Jackson by 3 scores.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Ironton has to find the solution to two problems in order to win this one. Problem #1 the Jackson offense, the solution how to stop it. Problem #2 Keeping the Jackson offense off the field, the solution, keep the Ironton offense on the field. There are a couple variables here such as silly penalties and turnovers that Ironton absolutely must avoid. If, and that is a big if, they do these things the trip back down 93 will be a happy one.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

moonshine wrote:News flash! Jackson Ironboys by 28 points over the kittycats!
No one from Jackson is thinking this way, just for the record.

History says this is a close game. This year's records and results of both teams says this will be a close game.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck it is usually a duck.

Therefore I am pretty sure it will be a close game between two good schools having two good years.

Go Red!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jackson should be a favorite here, they are 2 players away from being 3 divisions larger than ironton. much deeper pool of boys to pick from. and they are undefeated. and the one loss we had to wheelersburg, Jackson beat them 27-0. ----------but ironton plays these types of games several times a year. they will not be intimidated by the bright lights, they have them too.that is exactly why they schedule so many of them.these games have made ironton football what it is.ironton is big and physical this year with a great stable of backs and linemen.believe me they know this is a game they can , and need to win. I ain't making any predictions other than I predict both teams will have their hands full, and better have the chinstraps good and tight.this should be one of the better games to see anywhere in the state tonight.

GOOD LUCK IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:Jackson should be a favorite here, they are 2 players away from being 3 divisions larger than ironton. much deeper pool of boys to pick from. and they are undefeated. and the one loss we had to wheelersburg, Jackson beat them 27-0. ----------but ironton plays these types of games several times a year. they will not be intimidated by the bright lights, they have them too.that is exactly why they schedule so many of them.these games have made ironton football what it is.ironton is big and physical this year with a great stable of backs and linemen.believe me they know this is a game they can , and need to win. I ain't making any predictions other than I predict both teams will have their hands full, and better have the chinstraps good and tight.this should be one of the better games to see anywhere in the state tonight.

GOOD LUCK IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS
i strongly agree with you on this one and im a die hard ironmen fan. people saying this game is going to be a blow out must not have ever seen these two teams play. this game is always on a whole different level. best of luck to both teams and stay injury free. and go jackson!!!! from south carolina

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

moonshine wrote:News flash! Jackson Ironboys by 28 points over the kittycats!
you better stay off that shine!!!! distorts your thinking LOL

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The Ironton defense has given up 63 pts in the last 3 games against teams that are a combined 6-18. I would love to see Ironton win for the 2nd level points that Burg would get, but I see Jackson being able to control the clock and have several long scoring drives and limit Ironton's chances of outscoring them. Unless there are Jackson turnovers or big special teams plays for Ironton, I see this getting a little lopsided.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

4th n Goal wrote:The Ironton defense has given up 63 pts in the last 3 games against teams that are a combined 6-18. I would love to see Ironton win for the 2nd level points that Burg would get, but I see Jackson being able to control the clock and have several long scoring drives and limit Ironton's chances of outscoring them. Unless there are Jackson turnovers or big special teams plays for Ironton, I see this getting a little lopsided.
burg would only get 5.5 L2 points!! they should be secure on a 1 or 2 spot regardless to this game!!! if burg wins last 2 games

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

I understand that Jackson is "projected" to win. However, don't sleep on the tigers. Ironton comes right out and will try to run it right down your throat and against most teams they're successful. They'll play tough defense and fly to the ball. I believe their normal defense is a 5-2(correct me if I'm wrong) and they normally have very big and aggressive defensive linemen.

Word to the Ironmen tonight, don't always "assume" its a run play. I remember a few years ago a Jackson team "assumed" run every play and Ironton had 2 huge touchdown PASSES...yes, I said PASSES. Even though 8-10 times they'll run the ball, always be expecting the pass.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

I think you need to be able to throw the ball against Jackson to beat them. Ironton prefers to run.
I know Ironton CAN throw but their passing offense isn't very developed.
Jackson by 2 scores unless turnovers play a role.
**If Jackson plays with the same intensity as the Wheelersburg game then 3 scores.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

JacksonI wrote:Word to the Ironmen tonight, don't always "assume" its a run play. I remember a few years ago a Jackson team "assumed" run every play and Ironton had 2 huge touchdown PASSES...yes, I said PASSES. Even though 8-10 times they'll run the ball, always be expecting the pass.
Good point JacksonI

Hey Viking96 what did I tell you earlier this week about the pass? Lol, see I am not the only one thinking this way.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

being the dog should make TIGERS play their best football!!!!

down 11 to st charles they remained calm cool and determined

down (over 10+ to burg they folded)

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Ironton wins in a dandy.

34-28

Go Tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GO FIGHTING TIGERS, BEAT JACKSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakie_Dokie
Waterboy

Post by Oakie_Dokie »

Jackson Steam Rolls Ironton in this one!

cgfblvr
Waterboy

Post by cgfblvr »

I'll be rooting for the Tigers but I really think Jackson will win this one by at least two tds. I hope I am proven wrong.

stickyfingers
Waterboy

Post by stickyfingers »

I'm going with Jackson by 2 or 3 tds. I look for a great game the first half, then Jackson's speed and size taking over from there. Good luck to both teams I hope for a safe game. Go Big Red!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

let's go Ironton be listening to ya from Albuquerque as far Ironton giving up 63 points St.Charles was a team better than their record.
Meigs scored with help from Ironton penalties and on second team. Portsmouth did most of their damage against the second unit.
This is a solid Ironton team solid defensive line good talented linebackers
Secondary is hard hitting and can give up the big play but also make big plays.
Offensive Line is big strong and can open up huge holes.
fullbacks are solid and able to sustain blocks.
QB is big play capable and showed a passing touch last week.
Running backs look to break one every touch and can.
Ends have good hands and deceptive speed and the backs can catch as well.
This is a Ironton team that has shown confidence in not only in them self's as a team but also the coaching staff.
Week one they was shell shocked after falling behind at halftime against Burg.
Since then they have rallied and refuse to fold up and go home.
They are improved how much we shall find out tonight.
Win or lose I will be proud of these young men for all the hard work they have put in to date and will continue to put in.
And the coaching staff and the parents are just of proud of them to I am sure.
Let's go Ironton let's here you ROAR play hard smart and clean.
And may both teams come out injury free and look toward a strong playoff push win or lose.

1959irish
Waterboy

Post by 1959irish »

Sorry if this has been asked but is this game streamed by anyone ? Or besides being there how can I get updates ?
Thanks

Return to “Football”