Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

doubleplay643
S

Re: Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

Post by doubleplay643 »

And thanks to all the Ironton fans, best visiting crowd we have seen all year.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

This was a great game to listen to.
It sounded like Jackson just did enough to keep Ironton a stiff arm away from getting to close for comfort.
I think it was a great measuring stick for each team. This game exploited the strengths & vulnerabilities of both squads.
Good luck to both in the playoffs. Jackson vaulted to 2nd in their region & Ironton lands @ #5 in theirs as reported on Joe Eitel's website. Ironton status just updated from "control own destiny" to "clinched playoff spot".
Columbus bishop Hartley is the monster in ironton's region.
Athens would be that in Jacksons.
Good luck to both.
Extremely glad there were no injuries in this game!!!!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Competitive game between two great competitors. Not necessarily an unexpected outcome but closer than many thought. Word of caution to both teams: neither one of you will advance far in the playoffs committing unnecessary and mental mistakes resulting in penalties this late in the season. Week 10 is coming up and after that it is one and done. Get your collective heads on straight and play the type of football I know you all know how to play. I hope both teams bring a state title to Southeastern Ohio.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Drove down from Akron to see this game with my grandson and it was worth the drive. Two good strong teams that played well. I felt Jackson was the better team by just watching them warm up. They look like a playoff team and they look like they had been living in the weight room. Best looking team I have seen in SE Oh in a while. Good luck to them and the Tigers. Hope to see you all in the state finals.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

knightruner wrote:Drove down from Akron to see this game with my grandson and it was worth the drive. Two good strong teams that played well. I felt Jackson was the better team by just watching them warm up. They look like a playoff team and they look like they had been living in the weight room. Best looking team I have seen in SE Oh in a while. Good luck to them and the Tigers. Hope to see you all in the state finals.
Spent 4 years in Akron with the Zips. Jackson is the real deal. Tigers can be too but both teams have issues they need to work on if they want to make it to the title game. Both are capable of being State Champs. It has been done before. It can be done again.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Jackson has a fast defensive line. Question at the end of the half. Why did Tigers quit the drive with time on the clock and head to the locker room?

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Two teams full of Great tradition! Great Win for The IRONME!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

got in late last night, ate me a turkey pot pie, and had to hit the rack. the mrs. had to work early.

but this game went much as I expected. it is a game that had a great playoff atmosphere.great seeing gma1 there at the game and many other seopers. the difference in the game last night was the line play of Jackson and the excellent play of their qb, who has excellent play fakes, and will gash you to pieces running the ball. he had a great arm. he threw a touchdown pass that was right on stride that could have been compared to any throw at any level for accuracy. ironton's line was bigger, in fact they are dinosaurs. but Jackson's line was quicker and executed better on both sides.

ironton looked so much more improved since the burg game. they looked very confident and aggressive.they ran the ball extremely well on the ironmen, but ironton basically has no intermediate passing game. all we threw basically the long balls in predictable situations. our qb was on the run all night. jacksons d-line is quick and aggressive, and we weren't blocking them long enough. but we blocked well on the running plays. coach andy hall at Jackson has a very nice program there at Jackson.great bands, great atmosphere. great stadium. it was an awesome night of football.

so glad these 2 programs are balling again. ironton is going to be a hard out in division 5. but it'll be hard to get out of our region with Columbus bishop Hartley in it. the beat Columbus desales last night fairly handily.but the fighting tigers have done it before. I remember a 6-3 ironton team, that beat Columbus bishop Watterson to advance to the state championship game at Zanesville I believe. it's starting to look like the ironton teams of old. we must be able to pass though against the bigger more talented teams. or at least show the threat of it.

classy move by Jackson at the end of the game,by andy hall they were ready to likely score again from the 2 with about 17 seconds left. and chose not to take another play. that showed me great respect.and made me very proud of the ironmen coaching staff.

a couple things that concerned me moving forward with ironton is the ability for the o-line to sustain blocks longer, our secondary letting people get behind us.and something that really concerned me, and Jackson had an excellent qb, was the fact that Jackson was splitting out 4/5 recievers, and we were not sending enough people out to cover their recievers.i'm sure scouts are licking their lips over this. we must correct that.-----------------but overall ironton played a very gutsy game. there was no intimidation on the tigers part and they were certainly in the game.jackson was all they were advertised to be. I'd love to see an Athens/Jackson game. what a game that would be. from what I'm hearing ironton dropped to 5 in their region. which would knock you out of a home game, if the season ended that way, but the fighting tigers can probably move back in the top 4 if they beat the raceland rams at home Friday. either way we are talking playoffs after a 2 year hiatus. I'm very proud of the fighting tigers coaching staff, and how well the players have developed through out the year. next week should be a dandy with raceland.-------great atmosphere last night, wonderful weather, greatseeing dear friends. and just a blessed day to be alive. proof that the good lord loves a great southern ohio football game by 2 powerhouse programs, YTB.

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

local superstar wrote:Jackson has a fast defensive line. Question at the end of the half. Why did Tigers quit the drive with time on the clock and head to the locker room?
it is a tough call to make. if they use their timeouts trying to score late in the half and get stuffed they would have ended up having to punt the ball back to jackson with time left on the clock. with how well the threw the deep ball i dont think the coaches wanted to take that chances as a score for jackson before half time would have been devastating and potentially game ending.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

I think this game was a heck of battle. Ironton has a nice running game. Neither team is going to scare anyone with their passing offense or defense. I think this game shows why ironton is no longer in the SEOAL.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Excellent game by two talented teams.
A true game to remember Ironton may have lost the game but showed a lot of heart and that they are on the right path for the future.
Irontons QB is a stud athlete to say the least when he runs the option he is a master at work for sure his passing is a bit off but man can he run.
Palidino is a stud back and only a Jr. be really something to look forward to next year for sure.
Congrads to Jackson you are a very good team and wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

kevbk6222 wrote:
local superstar wrote:Jackson has a fast defensive line. Question at the end of the half. Why did Tigers quit the drive with time on the clock and head to the locker room?
it is a tough call to make. if they use their timeouts trying to score late in the half and get stuffed they would have ended up having to punt the ball back to jackson with time left on the clock. with how well the threw the deep ball i dont think the coaches wanted to take that chances as a score for jackson before half time would have been devastating and potentially game ending.
Thanks! Yea but with Pallidino I would of kept running the kid till the clock ran out. He was impressive all night and who knew what he would of done in those seconds. Ironton was coming down the field nicely on that drive!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

toldya wrote:I think this game was a heck of battle. Ironton has a nice running game. Neither team is going to scare anyone with their passing offense or defense. I think this game shows why ironton is no longer in the SEOAL.
why's that toldya. who in the seoal can't ironton play with. don't kids yourself, there ain't a team in the seoal that we don't lead the series with. I guess we are ducking the seoal to play Columbus saint Charles, Jackson, Columbus bishop Watterson, Columbus bishop Hartley Jackson, Johnson central, ky. and on and on. no the truth is now our kids aren't getting home from a tueday night basketball game at 2am, and we can schedule any and everybody we want. I'm not going to lower myself to say anything more. I don't do that anymore. but jealousy will get you everywhere.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
toldya wrote:I think this game was a heck of battle. Ironton has a nice running game. Neither team is going to scare anyone with their passing offense or defense. I think this game shows why ironton is no longer in the SEOAL.
why's that toldya. who in the seoal can't ironton play with. don't kids yourself, there ain't a team in the seoal that we don't lead the series with. I guess we are ducking the seoal to play Columbus saint Charles, Jackson, Columbus bishop Watterson, Columbus bishop Hartley Jackson, Johnson central, ky. and on and on. no the truth is now our kids aren't getting home from a tueday night basketball game at 2am, and we can schedule any and everybody we want. I'm not going to lower myself to say anything more. I don't do that anymore. but jealousy will get you everywhere.

No starting next year you will be hiding in the likes of Rock Hill, South Point, Coal Grove, Fairland. The days of 7 wins getting you in the play-offs will be over.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

^^^^^haters gonna hate.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

It cracks me up how 90% of Ironton posters have based their season success off of the burg game... Every team improves each week.. And if they don't something is wrong. Now with that being said sometimes teams play awesome and other times they struggle a little. Burg struggled against Jackson! IMO Jackson is one heck of a team! I don't think they are 4 TDs better than burg but in week 5 they were.. I figured Ironton would give Jackson a good game. Ironton matches up better with Jackson then burg does. Not saying Ironton is better then burg so do get it twisted. Basically all I am saying is some teams match up better against others . its just the difference in the kids on each team. I wish Jackson the best of luck in the playoffs! I think they have a good shot at region 9! I also hope to meet Ironton in the playoffs!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHAT OTHER LEAGUE WOULD WE BE IN.
geographically that's all there is. I had hoped ironton and Portsmouth could join the soc. but that didn't happen.
I ain't real crazy about the change myself, but these kids deserve to play for league honors and titles , and individual awards.i would say this year that there is only one team in the seoal could have beaten ironton, and that was Jackson.

Portsmouth has left the seoal as well as of next year. you don't see them getting disrespected like this.

there is something to be said about high school girls not having to get home from a basketball or volleyball match/game at 2 in the morning on a school night.i ain't arguing this any further. I'm not a school official. just an alumni and a fan. and you can rest assured that ironton's no league schedule will still remain the roughest anywhere in these parts. because if you do make the playoffs, you gotta play these kind of teams to get ready. it would suit me fine to see the ovc somehow turn into the toughest conference around. but the jury is still out there. anyway I'm a fan, I challenge you whoever you are to head back some 50 years and look at ironton's schedules and see who we've been hiding behind----------nobody. so it sounds like something personal to me. anyway good talkin with ya and god bless. on to next week hoss.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Pol Pot wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:

No starting next year you will be hiding in the likes of Rock Hill, South Point, Coal Grove, Fairland. The days of 7 wins getting you in the play-offs will be over.

With the way we schedule we only gotta win our non conference games and we are in the playoffs. Last year 3 wins would have gotten us an 8th seed.
Tigers are just shake off the haters we've always had them always will. Thats what happens when your the best.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BurgGrad_06 wrote:It cracks me up how 90% of Ironton posters have based their season success off of the burg game... Every team improves each week.. And if they don't something is wrong. Now with that being said sometimes teams play awesome and other times they struggle a little. Burg struggled against Jackson! IMO Jackson is one heck of a team! I don't think they are 4 TDs better than burg but in week 5 they were.. I figured Ironton would give Jackson a good game. Ironton matches up better with Jackson then burg does. Not saying Ironton is better then burg so do get it twisted. Basically all I am saying is some teams match up better against others . its just the difference in the kids on each team. I wish Jackson the best of luck in the playoffs! I think they have a good shot at region 9! I also hope to meet Ironton in the playoffs!
you are absolutely right. and I'd say with out a shadow of a doubt. that these two orange and black titans will meet again this year.----------seems only fittin.

Return to “Football”