Week 9 Northwest at Oak Hill

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Week 9 Northwest at Oak Hill

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Northwest travels to Oak Hill with a chance to capture the outright SOC I crown with a win and keep their playoff hopes alive, Yes I said Northwest and playoffs in the same sentence.

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 9 Northwest at Oak Hill

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Just hope NW finishes strong, they will be a real hand full next year for everyone on their schedule. Several freshman and sophmores either start or see significant playing time this year.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

THIS WAS LIKE LETTING THE GENIE OUTTA THE BOTTLE............................. :aaaaa41

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Come on Mohawks finish the SOC at 5-0. This will be huge momentum for the community and the program. There are so many boys in that school that do not play football and their excuse is that they don't want to play cause they always lose. Well they are going to have to come up with a new excuse or get out there next season. The sky is the limit Mohawk Nation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I like to see northwest doing well and would love to see them in the playoffs. But even if they win out, they will not get into the top 8 of region 17. Its nice to see them win at least a share of the SOC 1 title

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Congratulations to the kids, the coaching staff and the Northwest community! What you have accomplished in this conference in your first year is phenomenal!! Enjoy your weekend then get ready for Oak Hill! A share of the title is nice......to win it outright is great! Leave no doubt!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Be ready to work on Monday.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Jorge Sandusky wrote:Northwest travels to Oak Hill with a chance to capture the outright SOC I crown with a win and keep their playoff hopes alive, Yes I said Northwest and playoffs in the same sentence.
Prior to the East game Northwest was #13 in Region 17 with some real heavy hitters in the top 8 including Burg, Ironton and West. Northwest is having a successful season and may finish higher in their region than ever before, but they will not get into the top eight this year. Of their five wins only one team has a winning record (Symmes Valley). Remaining games for NW week nine @ Oak Hill (5-3) and finish up at home (wherever that may be) with a River Valley team that stands at 4-4 after week eight. Oak Hill will not take the Mohawks lightly, NW will have to play their best game of the season to win. Northwest has a really good chance to finish the season above .500 and are assured at the very least a share of the SOC-I Title with Symmes Valley and Oak Hill (first ever). The Oak Hill game is the biggest game of these kids lives!! Best of luck Mohawks!!

lutzrulesironton
Waterboy

Post by lutzrulesironton »

I agree the playoffs are out of reach due to their losses to Huntington ross and rock hill. They may have slipped in at 9-1 with only a loss to Minford. But losing to two teams with losing records in region 17 isn't gonna put you in the playoffs unless your playing a tough schedule like west or burg. However even only beating teams with losing records for the most part and finishing 7-3 would be a great season for the mohawks. Hopefully they can win out and pull off an 7-3 season.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I wouldnt worry about the playoffs. The Mowhawks are going to put a gold football in thier case. HUGE step for this program.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

4thandlongestyrd wrote:I agree the playoffs are out of reach due to their losses to Huntington ross and rock hill. They may have slipped in at 9-1 with only a loss to Minford. But losing to two teams with losing records in region 17 isn't gonna put you in the playoffs unless your playing a tough schedule like west or burg. However even only beating teams with losing records for the most part and finishing 7-3 would be a great season for the mohawks. Hopefully they can win out and pull off an 7-3 season.
Agreed that 7-3 is attainable for these Mohawks! It would also be a great launching pad for this program's future! All of a sudden Northwest Football is something special and there are going to be kids that would have moved to another school or otherwise just would not have played.....playing football at Northwest! It will not surprise me if these guys do win out and end this year at 7-3!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jorge Sandusky wrote:Northwest travels to Oak Hill with a chance to capture the outright SOC I crown with a win and keep their playoff hopes alive, Yes I said Northwest and playoffs in the same sentence.
Don't think Northwest has any chance at the playoffs, there is only one team in d5 with a easier schedule than the Mohawks. If they did it would not be a good night for them.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Should be a good game between the Mohawks and Oaks, Northwest is in uncharted waters with a successful SOC I campaign. Northwest beat Symmes Valley in OT and Symmes Valley defeated Oak Hill in OT. Anything can happen, that's why we play the game.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Well, honestly not a real shocker here that Northwest has gone down to SOC 1 and been successful. They were a work in progress before leaving SOC II and were already playing some of and beating the SOC 1 schools so really this shouldn't be a real shocker to anyone. With that being said I believe Oak Hill is a step up in competition compared to the rest of SOC I this year and I do believe the Mohawks will put up a good fight but in the end I see them only getting a share of the title which for the Mohawk program is a major accomplishment. Happy to see them turn things around and good luck to both teams

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

This week will be a defining moment in this season for the Northwest Mohawk Football Program. How well they play at Oak Hill, whether they come away with the win or not, will be used to gauge the success of this (already successful) season! Like Coop said, no matter the outcome this week, there will be a GOLD FOOTBALL in the case at Northwest High School!! That in itself is an amazing accomplishment for this program's first season in the SOC-I........................

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Go Northwest!! Would enjoy seeing Mohawks win this! It could happen. Congrats on this year~GOLD FOOTBALL!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Oak Hill 24 NW 21

A share will be good this year.. outright Champions next year!

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Pullingfor Northwest. SV beat them then why can't you?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Oak Hill 35
NW 13

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Northwest probably doesn't have a shot at the playoffs, but what a successful year for the program. You always have haters on facebook and in the community talking about how they dropped to the smaller SOC, but its funny how everyone forgets that Valley did the same thing back in the 90's cause they couldn't compete in the soc 2. Now look at Valley's program. GO MOHAWKS !!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”