Week 9 Northwest at Oak Hill

Mohawknation33
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 9 Northwest at Oak Hill

Post by Mohawknation33 »

I guess next time I'll break it down in quarters.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mohawknation33 wrote:So 2 field goals in a game isn't possible. Really you guys should get a life.
Usually when people talk about a game winning score, there isn't another score afterward. Loosen up a little....you guys are getting a gold football for the case!

Mohawknation33
Riding the Bench

Post by Mohawknation33 »

Dang I did screw that up, my bad guys. Lol how about 24-21 Northwest wins.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Westfan wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
Mohawknation33 wrote:We are happy with where we are for now. I bet if Northwest is winning for a couple years this will be reevaluated. We have taken some real beatings for 50 years and have administered very few. I for one would love to repeat Valleys history. Keep in mind that 5 wins isn't destroying the competition. Good luck to my Mohawks and the rest of our local teams.

Northwest 27-21. Winning field goal by Dylan Amburgey from 35 yds
Gotta love those 6 pt field goals! :mrgreen:
You beat me to it. :lol:
:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Mohawknation33 wrote:Dang I did screw that up, my bad guys. Lol how about 24-21 Northwest wins.
Just giving you a hard time :-D

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Absolutely not true.

The SOC Split into two divisions in 1980 and Valley was sent to Division one with Green, East, and Notre Dame. Valley was coming off a 6-4 season in 1979 in which they went 3-4 in the "single division" SOC with wins over New Boston, Northwest, and East.

So no, "Valley not competing in the 90"s" is no where near the truth.[/quote]

Valley couldn't have competed in the SOC II in the early days. They never beat Burg or West in the 80's and quit playing both by 89 and 90 respectfully. I know they beat Minford some and don't recall if they played Waverly any during the 80's. In the 80's Notre Dame ran the SOC I for the most part with East and
Green also winning titles. Can't recall if Valley won a league crown in the 80's but would guess no. I'm sure someone will correct me. Point is, Valley re-established their football program by winning the SOC I all those years in the 90's and laid the ground work for the logical move to SOC II and have been a force ever since.[/quote]

I am not arguing that point at all. But Valley did not "pull a Northwest" because they couldn't compete. That was the only point I was making.

And yes Valley did win back to back SOC titles in 84 and 85.[/quote]

And, Valley played East at Allard Park in '83 for the title and lost by just a couple of points. I was a senior at East that year and Coach Crabtree was a senior at Valley. So, Valley was in the hunt for a few years in the 80's.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Mohawknation33 wrote:So 2 field goals in a game isn't possible. Really you guys should get a life.
2 fg's are very possible however if you were up 3 and kicked a fg to win 27-21 it wouldn't be a winning fg , if you were already winning.

Good luck Mohawks

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

I am an ND supporter but will be pulling for the Mowhawks this Friday night. Go and beat the 61 man team of the Oak Hill Oakies!!!
You have been beat down for years. I don't like losing to the Mowhawks but I liked the excitement in the crowd i saw up at East.
The crowd was excellent!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dirt_cinders wrote:I am an ND supporter but will be pulling for the Mowhawks this Friday night. Go and beat the 61 man team of the Oak Hill Oakies!!!
You have been beat down for years. I don't like losing to the Mowhawks but I liked the excitement in the crowd i saw up at East.
The crowd was excellent!
Good luck would have sufficed.

Congrats to NW on the Gold Football. This should be a great game. Best of luck to both squads.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Good Luck to the Mohawks.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

Oak Hill

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Not quite. I understand the difference of being concise and not.
I fully meant to say what I did and it adds meaning to my good luck - dummy!.

So play mr. editor somewhere else and please drop the Jolly from your name -- Irate alone would suffice not to mention be more accurate.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dirt_cinders wrote:Not quite. I understand the difference of being concise and not.
I fully meant to say what I did and it adds meaning to my good luck - dummy!.

So play mr. editor somewhere else and please drop the Jolly from your name -- Irate alone would suffice not to mention be more accurate.
:aaaaa82

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Mohawk nation has a chance? Good to see them battling for a title. Good luck Friday night.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

This will make for an interesting evening of high school football! The Mohawks travel to Oak Hill with a share of the SOC-I title wrapped up before the kick-off....the Oaks are in a must win situation just to get a share of that same title! Northwest has the most to gain (the title outright) and Oak Hill has the most to lose (no title at all). Hate that long drive, but can not wait to get there Friday! GO MOHAWKS!!

Sandoval Hines
Waterboy

Post by Sandoval Hines »

Putting aside all of the conflict on this page, one thing is a fact: This is going to be a real gut check for Northwest! I hope that they won't be satisfied with just a share. I hope they want THE WHOLE THING! They must play the best they can, and if they do so I can see a final score of:

NW - 24
OH - 21

Best of luck to the Mohawks!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Axe N Shield wrote:Oak Hill 24 NW 21

A share will be good this year.. outright Champions next year!
Something is telling me that I need to revise my earlier predictions...

I'm going to go with Northwest 24 Oaks 21

Bring that gold football and the SOC I team's to your house for the assembly! And, place that Football in your trophy case! LEAVE NO DOUBT! Grab a moment of silence and listen to the click clack of your cleats on the concrete just before you rush out onto the battlefield to go to war! Hear your loyal fans rock the stands; cheering for their warriors as you run out on to the grid-iron! And, when you all gather in front of the Mohawk Nation for that first team huddle.. check yourself; if your not jacked up more than you have ever been in your young lives! Then, you should just sit down on the bench and let the warriors fight this battle! My bet though... is every single one of you will be feeling the juice of high school freaking football! This is the biggest game of Mohawk football and the start of a great tradition!

Now, go bring that Gold Football back to Scioto County...where it belongs!

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Axe N Shield wrote:
Axe N Shield wrote:Oak Hill 24 NW 21

A share will be good this year.. outright Champions next year!
Something is telling me that I need to revise my earlier predictions...

I'm going to go with Northwest 24 Oaks 21

Bring that gold football and the SOC I team's to your house for the assembly! And, place that Football in your trophy case! LEAVE NO DOUBT! Grab a moment of silence and listen to the click clack of your cleats on the concrete just before you rush out onto the battlefield to go to war! Hear your loyal fans rock the stands; cheering for their warriors as you run out on to the grid-iron! And, when you all gather in front of the Mohawk Nation for that first team huddle.. check yourself; if your not jacked up more than you have ever been in your young lives! Then, you should just sit down on the bench and let the warriors fight this battle! My bet though... is every single one of you will be feeling the juice of high school freaking football! This is the biggest game of Mohawk football and the start of a great tradition!

Now, go bring that Gold Football back to Scioto County...where it belongs!

Amen!

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Love to see the Mohawks pull this one out, but if they can't pressure the QB for Oak Hill it will be a long night. Oaks 35 Mohawks 12. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

Sandoval Hines
Waterboy

Post by Sandoval Hines »

Jorge Sandusky wrote:Love to see the Mohawks pull this one out, but if they can't pressure the QB for Oak Hill it will be a long night. Oaks 35 Mohawks 12. I hope I'm wrong on this one.
I agree with you about the importance of pressuring the OB. However, if DEs Garrett Simon and Tylor Slack do their job (and I believe that they will), I see Northwest taking this one. Both of them are talented players. They did great at applying pressure at the East and Symmes Valley game, which played a key role in both victories.

Return to “Football”