Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

siderman57
Freshman Team

Re: Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

Post by siderman57 »

RxBurgFan wrote:Psychological edge goes to the Indians. They've had pirates number for several years. Can the pirates find a way? Think it will come down to who can make a few stops? Hopefully doesn't come down to special teams play. Pirates struggle with giving up huge returns on kicks and don't return kicks all that well.

Hmm Really :roll:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

RxBurgFan wrote:Psychological edge goes to the Indians. They've had pirates number for several years. Can the pirates find a way? Think it will come down to who can make a few stops? Hopefully doesn't come down to special teams play. Pirates struggle with giving up huge returns on kicks and don't return kicks all that well.
?

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

wobycat wrote:To axe

You know with the country in financial debt, Ebola, brink of war, amongst other crazy things, I'm sure fans of other teams are strong enough to handle a couple of pokes.

It's like the above poster said, it's burgfan. Com for a reason. No one has to listen. But I will tell you this, when I meet new people from anywhere in the area, I cringe when I tell them from where I graduated from. Usually the first thing they say is I hate burg people, or they're arrogant, stuck up rich people. Every single time.

Well guess what? I'm not rich and I would give you the shirt off my back. I laugh at and poke fun with the best of them and not afraid to own up to a mistake or eat some crow. I'm not perfect, I believe Jesus, I'm a family man, and I truly care for my community.
Nicely Put. Valley gets the same type of "snobbish" remarks from many but I have been proud to raise my kids in Valley schools. GREAT community!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
?
Just sounds like a sarcastic statement to me. He can'tbe serious can he?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
?
Just sounds like a sarcastic statement to me. He can'tbe serious can he?
I was wondering if his 3rd grader got on his account. :lol:
Burg has strong special teams. Great kicker and solid coverage. Maybe he means because they haven't taken a return to the house they are bad? IDK

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

What parts sarcastic? Wish it wasn't true. Edge stays with Valley till burg figures out a way to win. Who can make the stops will win the game.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

any word on injuries?

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Valley has won three straight over burg and 2 out of three at the burg. Make that 4 straight, they will not be intimidated playing on the hill and they will be playing for their coach. Valley 21 burg 14. Valley knows how to stop burgs offense and they have proved it.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Are you saying that #8 don't return kicks well? He ad 3 returns for 150+ yards.. What are u talking about?

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

marshallman wrote:Valley has won three straight over burg and 2 out of three at the burg. Make that 4 straight, they will not be intimidated playing on the hill and they will be playing for their coach. Valley 21 burg 14. Valley knows how to stop burgs offense and they have proved it.

The past is in the past.... The Pirates will be playing for the Team and community and for the SOC.... I don't believe that valley will stop the Burgs offense this year.....

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

I am a West lifer, but I will be going to this game at the burg. I think Valley is still a good team, very well coached. The game at West was out of character for the Indians. They lost the offensive, defensive and special teams battles to a very emotional West team that is getting healthy at the right time. Valley seems to have been bitten by the injury bug, but hopefully will return those boys to action. Burg is burg, always well coached and brought up through the system. A down year there is as good as some school's banner seasons. If I had to make a prediction with 2 healthy squads, I would say the team winning 2 of the 3 parts of the game. Burg and Valley are somewhat of a mirror image, so this may be a "big play" sort of game. Even the ball boys will be exhausted after this game. Anyone know a good place to park?

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Seen the games last night,

Burgs 7th graders won 46-6 over valley and...
Burgs 8th graders won 34-12!!!

Great bunch of kids :)

kerns_69
Waterboy

Post by kerns_69 »

Congrats to Burg junior high teams! Great seasons for both, and a lot of talent to look forward to. On to Fridays contest....Wheelersburg will be ready, both mentally and physically. Valley will have to come out, stay focused, and hit their targets early and often. In my opinion, Burg's run defense is pretty stout, so opening up the passing game quickly for Valley will be key. Burg has big-play potential on every special teams play, so Valley has to contain and not make mistakes, something that has been a weakness most of the year. Can't wait to see this match-up live!!! Good luck to both teams and communities, play hard, respectful and injury-free!!! God bless!!!

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

After watching Valley play last week at South Point. I was not impressed at all. For the Pointers to keep it 0/0 in the first quarter says a lot. SP gave them the ball on 3 interceptions and a fumble on a kickoff on their own side of the field. They should have killed SP with such great field position. SP"S defense did keep them in the game and make some stops and forced fumbles. Valley needs to work on better handling of the ball. I wasn't impressed and it wasn't the same team I watched play Portsmouth earlier in the year. If SP had any kind of offense this year this game would have been very close.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

unclebob wrote:After watching Valley play last week at South Point. I was not impressed at all. For the Pointers to keep it 0/0 in the first quarter says a lot. SP gave them the ball on 3 interceptions and a fumble on a kickoff on their own side of the field. They should have killed SP with such great field position. SP"S defense did keep them in the game and make some stops and forced fumbles. Valley needs to work on better handling of the ball. I wasn't impressed and it wasn't the same team I watched play Portsmouth earlier in the year. If SP had any kind of offense this year this game would have been very close.
You have to realize Coach Crabtree had major surgery the day before the game. I know people will say that he didn't take a snap or make a tackle, but their week of preparation without him and a game without him on the sideline had to be a huge distraction. Even though he will not be on the sideline this week, they know he made it through, is recovering and that distraction is no longer new. I was not at SP last week, but I can imagine that this week's Indians team will not resemble last week's team.

A week of football practice is full of routines, patterns, and consistency (on good programs like Valley) and when that is changed, the product on Friday night doesn't always look the same.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

The biggest questions sill haven't been answered... what injured players from Valley are playing? Might have to wait till warmups to see i guess...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

unclebob wrote:After watching Valley play last week at South Point. I was not impressed at all. For the Pointers to keep it 0/0 in the first quarter says a lot. SP gave them the ball on 3 interceptions and a fumble on a kickoff on their own side of the field. They should have killed SP with such great field position. SP"S defense did keep them in the game and make some stops and forced fumbles. Valley needs to work on better handling of the ball. I wasn't impressed and it wasn't the same team I watched play Portsmouth earlier in the year. If SP had any kind of offense this year this game would have been very close.
Valley also fumbled on their own 20 and muffed a punt on their own 30. No doubt that the Indians were lethargic and did not play well, but the fact of the matter is in the middle of the 4th quarter it was 41-0 and SP had 6 yards of total offense.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Crab's brother wrote:
Valley also fumbled on their own 20 and muffed a punt on their own 30. No doubt that the Indians were lethargic and did not play well, but the fact of the matter is in the middle of the 4th quarter it was 41-0 and SP had 6 yards of total offense.
Valley has not played well for a couple weeks. Hopefully they have it out of their system now. They will be ready tomorrow night. SP was never a threat last week. At no time was the game in question. The only question last week was, when will Valley stop shooting themselves in the foot and execute. They did just that at the start of the second qtr. Tomorrow night cannot get here quick enough. The team with the fewest mistakes will win.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:
Valley has not played well for a couple weeks. Hopefully they have it out of their system now. They will be ready tomorrow night. SP was never a threat last week. At no time was the game in question. The only question last week was, when will Valley stop shooting themselves in the foot and execute. They did just that at the start of the second qtr. Tomorrow night cannot get here quick enough. The team with the fewest mistakes will win.

I agree....still a close one, i believe

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

If Valley has their injured players back that should be a big help. I still am betting Burg wins by 2 touchdowns.

Return to “Football”