Week8:Trimble (7-0) vs Eastern (4-3)

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Week8:Trimble (7-0) vs Eastern (4-3)

Post by bigblue allday »

Trimble comes in after defeating Southern 40-6. With Eastern giving Wahama there 2nd league loss with a 33-21 score. Whats the thoughts on this one

Green Beagle
JV Team

Re: Week8:Trimble (7-0) vs Eastern (4-3)

Post by Green Beagle »

My thoughts on this one are.... Who do you think Trimble will play in the first round at Trimble. looks like they could play Millersport if they win out. Millersport that is. Looking at the region I think it comes down to Trimble playing Paint Valley for the championship. I think they have played about the toughest schedule of any other team in that region. That game could be played at Jackson if they host... thats my thoughts on the Trimble Eastern game

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Trimble names the score.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

56-0

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

Green Beagle wrote:My thoughts on this one are.... Who do you think Trimble will play in the first round at Trimble. looks like they could play Millersport if they win out. Millersport that is. Looking at the region I think it comes down to Trimble playing Paint Valley for the championship. I think they have played about the toughest schedule of any other team in that region. That game could be played at Jackson if they host... thats my thoughts on the Trimble Eastern game
My thoughts on this one is Trimble plays Millersport or South Gallia in first round then a match up with Paint Valley in the second round then face the winner of Shadyside and Caldwell in regional championship. Assuming the top 4 stay the same

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

TTomcat99 wrote:
Green Beagle wrote:My thoughts on this one are.... Who do you think Trimble will play in the first round at Trimble. looks like they could play Millersport if they win out. Millersport that is. Looking at the region I think it comes down to Trimble playing Paint Valley for the championship. I think they have played about the toughest schedule of any other team in that region. That game could be played at Jackson if they host... thats my thoughts on the Trimble Eastern game
My thoughts on this one is Trimble plays Millersport or South Gallia in first round then a match up with Paint Valley in the second round then face the winner of Shadyside and Caldwell in regional championship. Assuming the top 4 stay the same
Yep that looks about right. I think Paint valley will be their toughest game and Trimble wins the region. I dont think they will have a region game within 3 tds of them.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

If Trimble finishes 1st they will host Danville or Frontier. Millersport and south gallia both have to win out to have a chance and that is unlikely

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Danville got hammered by Crooksville and has no prayer in hell of beating Loudonville, 6-4 isn't letting them in this thing. More than likely Trimble is the top seed, Shadyside 2nd despite only playing 9 games, Caldwell third with a 10-0 record then Paint Valley bringing up the 4 spot. Nobody outside of the top 4 can compete with them.
What we know:
Obviously Trimble is very good, that said, they had to work to beat Shadyside last year and the Tigers have literally everyone back so I'm guessing unless you are better than last years State Runner Up squad it will be much closer than a three score game.
Caldwell returned the entire team from last years second round playoff squad that gave Shadyside a handful for three quarters and are very good as well. They also only have two seniors who contribute so next year they should be scary, they will be a tough out for whomever they get in the second round.
Paint Valley lost to the only two good teams on their schedule, they were competitive and are clearly good. Who every wins this will have earned it, personally I think Shadyside is the team to beat but Trimble is the defending champ and it's theirs until someone takes it from them.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

drew pasteur's projection
http://www.fantastic50.net/Ohio_Brackets.php

Region 25 Projections
1) Trimble (Glouster) (10-0) 21.80
2) Shadyside (9-0) 21.44
3) Caldwell (10-0) 19.45
4) Paint Valley (Bainbridge) (8-2) 18.60
5) Tuscarawas Central Catholic (New Philadelphia) (8-2) 12.04
6) Harvest Preparatory (Canal Winchester) (8-2) 11.52
7) Danville (6-4) 11.45
8 Frontier (New Matamoras) (6-4) 9.32

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

With Eastern coming off a big win v/s Wahama I would think THE GREEN EAGLE has us a poem for this one

Screaming Eagle
Freshman Team

Post by Screaming Eagle »

After the big win at Wahama, look for the Eagles to give the Tomcats their toughest test of the season so far. (Which isn't saying much). I don't see a repeat of the 1995 butt whooping the Eagles gave Trimble at home, but nobody thought the Eagles would beat Wahama either. Gonna be tough for the Eagles to win this one. Trimble is the favorite for sure, but crazy stuff happens every week....

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Repeat of last weeks score. Trimble 40 Eastern 6

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on 92.1 FM with live streaming at www.wyvk.com.

left out
Riding the Bench

Post by left out »

TRIMBLE 56
EASTERN 12

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

newlex/sheridan wrote:Danville got hammered by Crooksville and has no prayer in hell of beating Loudonville, 6-4 isn't letting them in this thing. More than likely Trimble is the top seed, Shadyside 2nd despite only playing 9 games, Caldwell third with a 10-0 record then Paint Valley bringing up the 4 spot. Nobody outside of the top 4 can compete with them.
What we know:
Obviously Trimble is very good, that said, they had to work to beat Shadyside last year and the Tigers have literally everyone back so I'm guessing unless you are better than last years State Runner Up squad it will be much closer than a three score game.
Caldwell returned the entire team from last years second round playoff squad that gave Shadyside a handful for three quarters and are very good as well. They also only have two seniors who contribute so next year they should be scary, they will be a tough out for whomever they get in the second round.
Paint Valley lost to the only two good teams on their schedule, they were competitive and are clearly good. Who every wins this will have earned it, personally I think Shadyside is the team to beat but Trimble is the defending champ and it's theirs until someone takes it from them.

Dont worry about Green Beagle he is a Buckeye. He just trying to stir the pot. Shadyside has Div. 1 recruit Austin Dorris back and their top running back returning from last year and a big nasty off. line. Their defense returns a ton so yes at this point most people have them as the team to beat in this region. Don't count out Caldwell and Paint Valley or any of the teams in this region. Once the playoffs start anything can happen.

As for this week Cats 42 Eagles 6

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

49-8 Cats

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

gecko wrote:
newlex/sheridan wrote:Danville got hammered by Crooksville and has no prayer in hell of beating Loudonville, 6-4 isn't letting them in this thing. More than likely Trimble is the top seed, Shadyside 2nd despite only playing 9 games, Caldwell third with a 10-0 record then Paint Valley bringing up the 4 spot. Nobody outside of the top 4 can compete with them.
What we know:

Dont worry about Green Beagle he is a Buckeye. He just trying to stir the pot. Shadyside has Div. 1 recruit Austin Dorris back and their top running back returning from last year and a big nasty off. line. Their defense returns a ton so yes at this point most people have them as the team to beat in this region. Don't count out Caldwell and Paint Valley or any of the teams in this region. Once the playoffs start anything can happen.

Well I was hoping for a long run by the Tomcats this year but I guess Shadyside wins this region easily. what pot would I be stirring?

As for this week Cats 42 Eagles 6

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

Again everyone blowing on Shadyside when Caldwell will beat them in 2nd round load the box and there done because they can't pass. As for tonight. Cats win big 54-7

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Your talking about Shadysides QB, but We at Trimble don't have a great QB, he's been known to lay an egg or 2

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Another easy win in a sorry league for the kitty cats. Can the Hocker division get any weaker?

Return to “Football”