Freshman Team

Re: WELLSTON ROCKETS FOOTBALL PROGRAM

Post by ucantcme »

I agree if we don't do a thing about it we get what we deserve! Classless

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

SouthernStorm wrote:The Wellston football program does well considering what they have to work with. The district won't provide any $$$ for coaches and they have the annual loss to Jackson to deal with. It's simply not fair to the kids of Wellston! I truly feel sorry for them and I hope that something gets resolved soon in Wellston.
This is a problem in more places than you realize. Minimal pay for coaches and assistants get even more screwed. Have to love the game and coach hours and hours for free and find quality coaches. It is not easy to do.

85cruiser
Riding the Bench

Post by 85cruiser »

What a load of crap! Adams has more class than all of you cry babies combined. So what, Athens scored 11 times vs Wellston scoring 1 time, the point structure in football just makes it sound worse than it really is. Burrow wanted to go back into the game friday night, Adams wouldn't let him, the varsity seniors want to play a full four quarter game every friday night their final year, Adams doesn't let them. This Athens team is full of teenagers just like every other team they go up against, Athens is just currently loaded with extremely talented and determined teens that are playing the game for what it is. Any coach should never go out of his or her way to make it easier on the competition, EVER! Athens will get their due's in the future, it's a cycle all schools go through.

As a matter of fact Adams was already rotating in some second string athletes Friday, before putting the JV team in the second half against Wellston's first team.

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

He showed great restaint! For an idiot! Classless classless classless. Athens Bulldogs.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

You confuse 'Classless' for 'Undiciplined' ...

If you truly understand the Game of Football, you Understand that you cannot do these things and succeed:
A) Have Turnovers
B) Have Penalties
C) Have 3 & Outs

The Fact is Wellston fumbled too much inside their own territory, had stupid penalties resulting in terrible field position, and had too many 3 & Outs as a result of their lack of a passing game...
Viking96 wrote:Enjoy your Bulldogs TVC. There is a 4 team conference of other area schools in similar size to Athens yet they would rather rule a league that was just fine without them. The TVC schools stand behind Athens in the TVC and how do they reward them ?? By hanging 82 on a conference team. Working on things for the playoffs is Crap!! Run the ball and snap it with 3 seconds left . Run up the score all you want on non league teams but don't do that to your conference brothers .
Were you even at the Game? Athens called run after run. They put the game in Williams hands and he took over.
Athens did use as much playclock in the 2nd half, and the JV playcalling still was Run Oriented...
They used one pass on a 3rd & 25, that saw a Freshman (Albin) hit another Freshman (Bennett) for a score after the Wellston defender fell after the catch. Athens scored 1 passing TD in the 2nd half and it was by two Freshman on a 3rd and long, quit crying...

If Wellston just would have eliminated the Personal Foul Roughing the Holders. 4 Total, then they would have had better field position in the 2nd Half.
If Wellston just would have eliminated the Turnovers by fumbling inside their own territory, 3-4 Total, they they would have had a better chance to score points in the 2nd Half...

Personal Fouls and Turnovers are a Coaches Concern, not the Oppossing Teams...Put some blame on Wellston and their staff.
You would think after the 2nd Personal foul, they would address it.

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

questionmark wrote:You confuse 'Classless' for 'Undiciplined' ...

If you truly understand the Game of Football, you Understand that you cannot do these things and succeed:
A) Have Turnovers
B) Have Penalties
C) Have 3 & Outs

The Fact is Wellston fumbled too much inside their own territory, had stupid penalties resulting in terrible field position, and had too many 3 & Outs as a result of their lack of a passing game...
Viking96 wrote:Enjoy your Bulldogs TVC. There is a 4 team conference of other area schools in similar size to Athens yet they would rather rule a league that was just fine without them. The TVC schools stand behind Athens in the TVC and how do they reward them ?? By hanging 82 on a conference team. Working on things for the playoffs is Crap!! Run the ball and snap it with 3 seconds left . Run up the score all you want on non league teams but don't do that to your conference brothers .
Yeah I wathced the game they continued to pass they continued the outside run 3 and 25 would have been a great time to run up the middle and punt. Did yo ever think that would have been a great time to show some class. The personal fouls were frustration from the score you were running up. Glad it didn't get worse than it did. You may win the league but you are far from being champions. Classless

Classless program

Were you even at the Game? Athens called run after run. They put the game in Williams hands and he took over.
Athens did use as much playclock in the 2nd half, and the JV playcalling still was Run Oriented...
They used one pass on a 3rd & 25, that saw a Freshman (Albin) hit another Freshman (Bennett) for a score after the Wellston defender fell after the catch. Athens scored 1 passing TD in the 2nd half and it was by two Freshman on a 3rd and long, quit crying...

If Wellston just would have eliminated the Personal Foul Roughing the Holders. 4 Total, then they would have had better field position in the 2nd Half.
If Wellston just would have eliminated the Turnovers by fumbling inside their own territory, 3-4 Total, they they would have had a better chance to score points in the 2nd Half...

Personal Fouls and Turnovers are a Coaches Concern, not the Oppossing Teams...Put some blame on Wellston and their staff.
You would think after the 2nd Personal foul, they would address it.
Last edited by ucantcme on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

black76 wrote:
SouthernStorm wrote:The Wellston football program does well considering what they have to work with. The district won't provide any $$$ for coaches and they have the annual loss to Jackson to deal with. It's simply not fair to the kids of Wellston! I truly feel sorry for them and I hope that something gets resolved soon in Wellston.
This is a problem in more places than you realize. Minimal pay for coaches and assistants get even more screwed. Have to love the game and coach hours and hours for free and find quality coaches. It is not easy to do.
VERY TRUE but apparently if you're from Wellston you feel you're the only place it happens at. Places where you've go assistants making little over 1K to coach think that pays for anything??

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

3rd and 25 was a great time to have two freshman who may be on the Varsity NEXT SEASON, practice that very situation...

Athens runs a draw on 3rd and 25 and scores you cry just the same.
The Simple Fact was Wellston played horribly against an opponent you cannot play horrible against.

Athens leaves the starters in people cry, Athens plays the JV and people cry...

The Truth is, Wellston needs to get better and the Athens JV's need to get better because Nelsonville-York has a talented team ready to make noise next season...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Go fight about Athens on their own thread....

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

The thing is the only reason people are upset is because it's Athens that scored that much, if it wasn't Athens nothing would be said

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

There can be many questions asked about Athens and this game. Does Athens belong in the TVC, are they going to drop off after this class graduates, and do they run up the score? Those questions should be asked on an Athens thread. This is a thread about Wellston's program or lack there of. I have seen Wellston play 2 times this year. At home against Jackson (great atmosphere and game for a while) and last Fri vs. Athens. Questionmark is on the money about Wellston. Correct me if I am wrong. Wellston has 5-6 turnovers and around 100 yards in penalties each game. At least according to posters on here and the newspapers. Now I am not saying they need a coaching change. This forum isn't the place for that talk and i don't know a single person from Wellston. I will say this . . . a lack of money paid to coaches and poor facilites doesn't relate to turnovers and penalties. Coaching relates to penalties and turnovers as much if not more than X's and O's. As for a "program" . . . Wellston is D5 and have around 30 boys on their team. You can look it up, I did . . . the OHSAA website says they have 188 boys in their school. There is a problem somewhere. Good luck to all teams the rest of the year. I can't believe we are in week 9 already!!

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I want to correct myself, I had Wellston at 188 boys. I looked at the wrong line in the school list. Wellston has 179 boys.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

The Burg is d5 and has 60+ on their roster.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY is D6 and runs 40 to 45 most years......
I don't remember Wellston having more than 30 to 35 kids in a long time.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Wellston and Jackson should look at what it would take to move this game to Week 10 if it stays on the schedule.
That way, the game is still played, teams still get gates.

It worked great for Athens/NY, however this was easier because it is a League Game while Wellston/Jackson is not...

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

questionmark wrote:Wellston and Jackson should look at what it would take to move this game to Week 10 if it stays on the schedule.
That way, the game is still played, teams still get gates.

It worked great for Athens/NY, however this was easier because it is a League Game while Wellston/Jackson is not...
Wouldn't be that hard.... Jackson only has 4 league games they have flexibility.... I wouldn't mind the Wellston/Vinton county first out of the gate Make it a Saturday game will turn out a good crowd and will be competitive year in and year out so pretty much just swap week one and ten for the Rockets while for Jackson it is simply the matter of pushing there schedule up a week and taking Wellston and moving it to the back..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson vs Wellston in week 10 would not often get the gate as Week #1

In week 1 you have everyone ready and itching for football, everyone is undefeated, great weather and everyone wanting to see how good they are....not too mention (sorry I 02) many others are mostly there to see the band and cheerleaders.

Move it to week 10 and it just won't mean nearly as much to most folks nearly as often.

Way worse weather, game wouldn't mean much this year....I'd bet a game in Jackson this year would render 500-1000 fewer fans than if it were in week 1 at Jackson.

I also want the SEOAL title on the line in week 10

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Very true I92. First week is where all the money is. Week 10 is for our rival Gallia. :-D

Return to “Football”