WEEK8 MINFORD @ WHEELERSBURG SOCII

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: WEEK8 MINFORD @ WHEELERSBURG SOCII

Post by 4thgoal »

Badboy wrote:Jackson laid the blueprint on how to completely shut Burg down, and run right over them.. Unfortunately Minford probably doesnt have the firepower to do that themselves this year....but Valley and especially West will follow that blueprint and could easily be very successful.
Nobody in the SOC has the physical big line and the big backs that Jackson had. Not to say that the blueprint you suggest will not work, but I don't think Valley or West have the backs AND linemen to do what Jackson did. I'm not saying that they won't have some success running up the middle, but Jackson was a different animal.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

4th n Goal wrote:
Badboy wrote:Jackson laid the blueprint on how to completely shut Burg down, and run right over them.. Unfortunately Minford probably doesnt have the firepower to do that themselves this year....but Valley and especially West will follow that blueprint and could easily be very successful.
Nobody in the SOC has the physical big line and the big backs that Jackson had. Not to say that the blueprint you suggest will not work, but I don't think Valley or West have the backs AND linemen to do what Jackson did. I'm not saying that they won't have some success running up the middle, but Jackson was a different animal.
I agree for the most part but West has the Welch kid who may be the best back in our area. Just saying. If Burg's D plays like they did last week it will be tough sledding for anyone.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Minford

8/29HSouth Point (2-5)[5:17]W37-14
9/5AGrandview Heights (5-2)[6:21]L6-28
9/12HPaint Valley (5-2)[7:25]W42-35
9/19NNorthwest (4-3)[5:17]W25-0
9/26HOak Hill (5-2)[6:21]W28-21ot
10/3HPortsmouth West (5-2)[5:17]L15-33
10/10ARock Hill (2-5)[5:17]W27-6

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Give me one quality win and I won't post on this thread again ^^^^^^^^^

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Well if you get on Drew's site and look at strength of schedule... Burgs is stronger. So you see burg plays the whole cake not a cup cake. Hahaha ho back to sciotoville!
Now, correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Burg have any Sciotoville kids on their team? I know they have several transfers every year in the 7th and 8th grade years! So, not completely Burg Royalty winning those games right? Seems to slow down though whenever inappropriate domestic issues arise! Hmmm! Keep that in the Burg!

I have to disagree... they play the whole cake when the get to playoffs. Teams from up north considers this region as the cupcakes of the state! Plus they don't have as many schools in those counties. The best from here is considered a brownie there? Just asking. :lol:

With all that being said; I do think that Burg has one of the best athletic programs in the area but, Valley, Minford, West has just as good too! Thinking your better than everybody else off the field; sort of makes you like a a-hole! Maybe that should be kept as a secret like domestic stuff.

And, I was pointing out that Burg is not a world beater too!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

^^^^^^^^This guy is upset^^^^^^^^ :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Axe N Shield wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Well if you get on Drew's site and look at strength of schedule... Burgs is stronger. So you see burg plays the whole cake not a cup cake. Hahaha ho back to sciotoville!
Now, correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Burg have any Sciotoville kids on their team? I know they have several transfers every year in the 7th and 8th grade years! So, not completely Burg Royalty winning those games right? Seems to slow down though whenever inappropriate domestic issues arise! Hmmm! Keep that in the Burg!

I have to disagree... they play the whole cake when the get to playoffs. Teams from up north considers this region as the cupcakes of the state! Plus they don't have as many schools in those counties. The best from here is considered a brownie there? Just asking. :lol:

With all that being said; I do think that Burg has one of the best athletic programs in the area but, Valley, Minford, West has just as good too! Thinking your better than everybody else off the field; sort of makes you like a a-hole! Maybe that should be kept as a secret like domestic stuff.

They compete too. They can hang with those teams and are no sleeper.

You mean kinda like dropping names on another thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Axe N Shield wrote:

Not everyone at east or minford or any other school is loyal to only those schools its called open enrollment.. Now just because the better kids want yo play at burg where they can win is just saying that burgs tradition speaks or its self! Also you speak of burg people thinking they are better than others schools. Makes me think that maybe you had a bad experience in burg? I as a burg native don't think I am better than anyone from anywhere.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Also AXE, I am curious to know who burgs sciotoville boys are! Haha

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Also AXE, I am curious to know who burgs sciotoville boys are! Haha
The only one I am sure of graduated last year.

Unfortunately (IMO) nearly every school has benefited from open enrollment in one or more sports in recent years. It is just part of the way things are today. I doubt that anyone can name a school (in any sport) that has had a deep tournament run without someone on the roster who was an open enrollment student.

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

I see quite a few tape measures in this thread. Bottom line is both Burg and Minford are quality football programs in a quality league. The Pirates are clearly more talented this season and will be way too much for Minford to deal with on the hill tonight. It should be a nice warm for our Pirates who probably have their the back of the minds thinking purple and gold style revenge. The Pirates need to come out of this one healthy, because next week will be a battle.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

What is the over/under on onside kicks tonight? 5?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:[quote="Axe

It is what it is! I heard Minford QB and running back are out for season. Anyone else see hear that? Burg by a bunch...........
Yes they are. Minford is fielding a very young team. They played a cupcake schedule up until the start of SOC play ( that's why no one from Muletown is talking). Burg by a ton.[/quote]

With that line of logic then.. Burg is playing cupcakes too? Then, that would make Burg; Valley's cupcake team being that they have pretty much beat them the last 3 or 4 years! A few gold football's missing! Maybe, some people should really think about what they are saying before they make themselves look like an idiot! A few years ago when Valley joined the SOC II slot of the other teams within this conference thought Valley wouldn't be competitive. We'll how do you like them now?

What kind of water is this guy drinking?

Anyway good luck both teams! Minford playing without starting Qb and Fb. Not everybody can be world beaters like the Burg or play the toughest schedule in the State of Ohio! What will the rest of the county ever do? Answer.. Valley maybe?[/quote]

You are off your rocker man. Never did I say Burg was world beater. The only thing I said was that Minford isn't a world beater. You wanna bash on Burg? That's fine, I don't mind. I know you have no other football to talk about. And the Valley thing, I gave credit where it was due and everyone should. Never said Burg plays the toughest schedule but it is tougher than that of Minford.[/quote]

The only "tougher," b/c of the win W'burg has is against Ironton, the rest are cupcakes as well. Are you kidding me?? If you do total with W/L vs. opponents, Minford's has more wins than W'burg. As per the status quo, this kinda thinking will go on until the 1 or maybe 2 round of the playoffs, depending on the seeding, to where W'burg will be getting out the basketballs. Only West b/c of their ties to Liberty Union and Fredericktown are making an attempt to get out of the area to find better competition. Aren't the LU Lions and the Fredericktown Freddies 7-0 vs. W'burg in the past decade?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Vladimir wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Axe n shield wrote:

It is what it is! I heard Minford QB and running back are out for season. Anyone else see hear that? Burg by a bunch...........
Yes they are. Minford is fielding a very young team. They played a cupcake schedule up until the start of SOC play ( that's why no one from Muletown is talking). Burg by a ton.
With that line of logic then.. Burg is playing cupcakes too? Then, that would make Burg; Valley's cupcake team being that they have pretty much beat them the last 3 or 4 years! A few gold football's missing! Maybe, some people should really think about what they are saying before they make themselves look like an idiot! A few years ago when Valley joined the SOC II slot of the other teams within this conference thought Valley wouldn't be competitive. We'll how do you like them now?

Anyway good luck both teams! Minford playing without starting Qb and Fb. Not everybody can be world beaters like the Burg or play the toughest schedule in the State of Ohio! What will the rest of the county ever do? Answer.. Valley maybe?
You are off your rocker man. Never did I say Burg was world beater. The only thing I said was that Minford isn't a world beater. You wanna bash on Burg? That's fine, I don't mind. I know you have no other football to talk about. And the Valley thing, I gave credit where it was due and everyone should. Never said Burg plays the toughest schedule but it is tougher than that of Minford.[/quote]

The only "tougher," b/c of the win W'burg has is against Ironton, the rest are cupcakes as well. Are you kidding me?? If you do total with W/L vs. opponents, Minford's has more wins than W'burg. As per the status quo, this kinda thinking will go on until the 1 or maybe 2 round of the playoffs, depending on the seeding, to where W'burg will be getting out the basketballs. Only West b/c of their ties to Liberty Union and Fredericktown are making an attempt to get out of the area to find better competition. Aren't the LU Lions and the Fredericktown Freddies 7-0 vs. W'burg in the past decade?[/quote]

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Axe n shield wrote:

Yes they are. Minford is fielding a very young team. They played a cupcake schedule up until the start of SOC play ( that's why no one from Muletown is talking). Burg by a ton.

Anyway good luck both teams! Minford playing without starting Qb and Fb. Not everybody can be world beaters like the Burg or play the toughest schedule in the State of Ohio! What will the rest of the county ever do? Answer.. Valley maybe?[/quote]
Jolly P(irate) wrote:[You are off your rocker man. Never did I say Burg was world beater. The only thing I said was that Minford isn't a world beater. You wanna bash on Burg? That's fine, I don't mind. I know you have no other football to talk about. And the Valley thing, I gave credit where it was due and everyone should. Never said Burg plays the toughest schedule but it is tougher than that of Minford.
The only "tougher," b/c of the win W'burg has is against Ironton, the rest are cupcakes as well. Are you kidding me?? If you do total with W/L vs. opponents, Minford's has more wins than W'burg. As per the status quo, this kinda thinking will go on until the 1 or maybe 2 round of the playoffs, depending on the seeding, to where W'burg will be getting out the basketballs. Only West b/c of their ties to Liberty Union and Fredericktown are making an attempt to get out of the area to find better competition. Aren't the LU Lions and the Fredericktown Freddies 7-0 vs. W'burg in the past decade?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Axe n shield wrote:

Jolly P(irate) wrote:[You are off your rocker man. Never did I say Burg was world beater. The only thing I said was that Minford isn't a world beater. You wanna bash on Burg? That's fine, I don't mind. I know you have no other football to talk about. And the Valley thing, I gave credit where it was due and everyone should. Never said Burg plays the toughest schedule but it is tougher than that of Minford.
The only "tougher," b/c of the win W'burg has against Ironton, which isn't anything to get excited about. The rest are cupcakes as well. Are you kidding me?? If you do total with W/L vs. opponents, Minford's has more wins than W'burg. As per the status quo, this kinda thinking will go on until the 1 or maybe 2 round of the playoffs, depending on the seeding, to where W'burg will be getting out the basketballs. Only West b/c of their ties to Liberty Union and Fredericktown are making an attempt to get out of the area to find better competition. Aren't the LU Lions and the Fredericktown Freddies 7-0 vs. W'burg in the past decade?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

What's it going to take or u to see burg is a quality team? I easily see them playing for the region again this year!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

It speaks for itself, they haven't won the region since the 90's, and haven't won the league in 3-yrs. They jury is still out on the SOCII crown this year. I will be very surprised to see them get past the second round this year. Also be real, the only reason (Seeding) is why they made it to the regional final last year is b/c Hartley knocked off Liberty Union first.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

OK when is the last time any team around here has won the region? West in 2000?? Minford rarley makes the playoffs west has had it rough lately valley has done OK the last couple years. But consistantly burg makes it and competes! You are just like every other dummy that don't like burg. You know jealousy is a sickness..

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

BTW last season every1 knew Hartley was going to win the region and the most likely will do so again this year!! If your trying to base your predictions on the burg Jackson game, your crazy. Jackson would own our region this year. They are a very talented team.

Return to “Football”