WEEK 7: Martins Ferry at Warren

Purplesage
Freshman Team

WEEK 7: Martins Ferry at Warren

Post by Purplesage »

Well it appears that Warren weathered the Jackson storm !!! Any thing significant as far as injuries or other lowlights from that game???? Riders had a slightly down night on defensive side but offense is just fine although they only scored 28 they were just a couple yards long on three wide open deep recievers that could have added to the tally!!! Looking forward to making the trek to this venue!! Is this field turf, pro- grass or good old dirt???

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 7: Martins Ferry at Warren

Post by Purplesage »

Guess there are no Warren fans that have internet service?????

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

They have a beautiful venue... However no support regarding football. Now basketball they will pack the gym. Athletes all around the school,but can't get them out for football. The fan support is not really there, and the adminstration waited until forever to hire their new coach. Fish will turn around if he has the support of the town and ad.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Field is plain old dirt, but a pretty good facility overall.. Not a very good football program, But improving.... ferry should win this one..

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Had Athens and Jackson. Athens is the better of the two, by far. Kinda showed that against Stubenville, HUH. Warren has skill players, still learning the new style of offense, but that is no excuse. Line blocking has been their achiellies heel all year. Played at Jackson in the pouring rain on turf, so no excuse for Jackson a team that had only thrown @ 4 passes in first 5 games. Jackson did score on a couple of TD passes though, so they can throw when they have to. Don't k now much about "Ferry" other than they are from North of I-77, which usually means a better brand of football that we see down here. Just by location in Ohio, so with that being said. The Warriors will be waiting and will play their hearts out, this team does. They may be out of the game but will fight till the final horn, there is no quit in them. So, come on down to Southeast Ohio and we will treat you well, feed you well, and fight you on the field till the Cows come home. Pun Intended. We have been on the road for four straight weeks, so regardless of weather field will be in great shape. Only jr. High and JV have been on it. Soccer has its own field, so no abuse.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Ferry's junior running back, Arjay Burris is over 1,100 rushing on the season. Good size @ 195 and fast. Receiver Jack Fitch, is blazing. Good team size and experienced.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Whoever scheduled this game needs fired!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:Whoever scheduled this game needs fired!
Why would that be???

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Welcome to a five team league which is going to four teams. Good luck finding games in weeks 5,6, or 7.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Sounds like we are more like Jackson than Athens !!! Saw Athens last year and we would get beat by 40 by them !!!! We will run the ball until you stop it but we can pass but when you don't use it you lose it as we saw last week when we had 3 long bombs just overthrown by a yard or two !!!! Yes Arjay and Fitch are burners and our line is experienced and we have a guy named Burger who doesn't like to be tacklee but loves to be tackler !!! Lol!!! We have a lot of 2 way players as our numbers aren't very good and if this is a home and home next year will be horrible!!!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

PS if your north of I-77 then your in Lake Erie!!!! Lol !!! We are on State Route 7 just north of I-70!!!

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

purplesage wrote:
Why would that be???

Wait until you see us!!!! We are bad! This game should never have scheduled!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
purplesage wrote:
Why would that be???

Wait until you see us!!!! We are bad! This game should never have scheduled!

I've heard this story before!!!! Lol!!!! We're terrible, we sux, don't bother showing up, ... !!!!!

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Think what you want, not trying to play coy or anything. We have a nice group of young kids, a young coach working hard, we just simply are not very good. In fact we are easily one of the worse teams in the state, non small school.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

That's ok I'm just thinking Oh Boy!!! Lol!!! So I should eyeball a good place to eat on the way down for the trip home since I'll be leaving in the third?????? Or should I just find a closer game to hit up ???

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

purplesage wrote:Sounds like we are more like Jackson than Athens !!! Saw Athens last year and we would get beat by 40 by them !!!! We will run the ball until you stop it but we can pass but when you don't use it you lose it as we saw last week when we had 3 long bombs just overthrown by a yard or two !!!! Yes Arjay and Fitch are burners and our line is experienced and we have a guy named Burger who doesn't like to be tacklee but loves to be tackler !!! Lol!!! We have a lot of 2 way players as our numbers aren't very good and if this is a home and home next year will be horrible!!!
Um, no.

Martins Ferry would not have beaten Athens last year. Athens was better than Wheelersburg, who crushed the Riders in the playoffs.

That doesn't matter though. Ferry will handle Warren. Warriors have a big game week 8 with Gallipolis. Hope the blue stay healthy heading into that one.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

LoganLocos wrote:
purplesage wrote:Sounds like we are more like Jackson than Athens !!! Saw Athens last year and we would get beat by 40 by them !!!! We will run the ball until you stop it but we can pass but when you don't use it you lose it as we saw last week when we had 3 long bombs just overthrown by a yard or two !!!! Yes Arjay and Fitch are burners and our line is experienced and we have a guy named Burger who doesn't like to be tacklee but loves to be tackler !!! Lol!!! We have a lot of 2 way players as our numbers aren't very good and if this is a home and home next year will be horrible!!!
Um, no.

Martins Ferry would not have beaten Athens last year. Athens was better than Wheelersburg, who crushed the Riders in the playoffs.

That doesn't matter though. Ferry will handle Warren. Warriors have a big game week 8 with Gallipolis. Hope the blue stay healthy heading into that one.

I think you misunderstood his post, he stated that MF would loose by 40.

If i was an MF fan, I would find a good local game to attend.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I did misread it. Thanks for correcting me Bandit.

Always respected the MF program. Good luck to the Warriors.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Who is coaching Martins Ferry currently?

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

I wish the best for Warren. Their coach is a classy guy, and as long as he can get the other athletes in the school to come out they could turn the corner quickly. I hope the kids down there buy in to what he is doing.

Return to “Football”