Re: Week 7 Green vs. Northwest at PHS

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Mohawks 49 Green 8

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Westfan wrote:
oneoak wrote:i don't think that the SOC I is a good fit for Oak Hill, but I don't think that moving up to the SOC II at this time would be a good move either. That isn't because of the enrollment of the SOC II schools, it's because the SOC II is a very tough conference year in and year out.

I like the SOC II for all the other sports and we would give that up if we just went to another league for all sports. A move to another league for football only or going independent for awhile might work, but probably isn't feasible.

Although Oak Hill has been in the SOC I since joining the league, I do think that it is now unfair to the smaller schools.
Good for you. First honest post I've read from Oak Hill on this subject.
Yeah, I agree with you oneoak. I think the only way to be fair to teams is split up to 3 divisions of 4 school in football. Burg, Minford, Valley, and West in the 1st division; Northwest, Oak Hill, Waverly, and either Eastern or Symmes Valley in the 2nd division; and East, Green, Notre Dame, and either Symmes Valley or Eastern in the 3rd division. Will that ever happen? It'll never happen unless there's like 18 football schools in the SOC. Just not enough conference games and double round robin conference scheduling appears to hurt teams in terms of gaining points for making the playoffs. Just a random thought. And Northwest wins tonight by 40+ on their homecoming night.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Looks like it's gonna be a wet one this evening! NW should win but I don't think it will be as bad as some think. The weather favors the Mohawk offense, but gotta take care of the football. Here's hoping for an injury free game and a safe trip home for both teams!

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

End of 1st NW 28 Green 0

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

41-0

Mohawknation33
Riding the Bench

Post by Mohawknation33 »

I agree that numbers are 1 way of deciding what division. However at Northwest there are circumstances most people don't know about. We don't have a town or community like Valley, West, Wheelersburg, Waverly,. Some of our kids are on a bus over an hour. If I live on the other side of Rarden I am driving close to 40 mins to the school. There are several reasons why we haven't competed at football. You have to admit something else is going on out here if you have never won a SOC2 championship. After all Westfan said it look at our numbers.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I just don't know how to respond to this. 41-0. Really

Big school playing these small schools is like playing the varsity against the jv.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Until Oak Hill comes rollin in.

lutzrulesironton
Waterboy

Post by lutzrulesironton »

Mohawknation33 wrote:I agree that numbers are 1 way of deciding what division. However at Northwest there are circumstances most people don't know about. We don't have a town or community like Valley, West, Wheelersburg, Waverly,. Some of our kids are on a bus over an hour. If I live on the other side of Rarden I am driving close to 40 mins to the school. There are several reasons why we haven't competed at football. You have to admit something else is going on out here if you have never won a SOC2 championship. After all Westfan said it look at our numbers.
You also have a coach who doesn't like your community. At least that's what he tells the paper.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Congratulations Mohawks on your Home Coming Victory! Green still has the lead in this series over the years but you gained a game this year! As a matter of fact every team you will face in the SOC-I has a series lead over Northwest football over the years. Green, Notre Dame, East and Oak Hill have all won conference titles and made play-off appearances at one point or another. You have played, and will continue to play "away games" for the rest of this season due to your home field being in the mess it is in. You were beaten soundly early on in this season by a Huntington-Ross team that had not won a game in two years. You could have folded up and fell apart, yet you did not! You have overcome much adversity this football season! You are 4-3 overall and 3-0 in conference play. You have three very tough games left. Take them one at a time, week by week and don't pay any attention to the "negative". A special thanks to the folks at Portsmouth High School and Notre Dame High School for giving these kids from Northwest a place to play their "Home Games"! You are all "First Class"!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

4thandlongestyrd wrote:
Mohawknation33 wrote:I agree that numbers are 1 way of deciding what division. However at Northwest there are circumstances most people don't know about. We don't have a town or community like Valley, West, Wheelersburg, Waverly,. Some of our kids are on a bus over an hour. If I live on the other side of Rarden I am driving close to 40 mins to the school. There are several reasons why we haven't competed at football. You have to admit something else is going on out here if you have never won a SOC2 championship. After all Westfan said it look at our numbers.
You also have a coach who doesn't like your community. At least that's what he tells the paper.
That IS NOT what he said. Read Fridays edition of the PDT to read what CBF actually said. Congrats on the win last night. Also, hats off to Coach Newsome at Green. He is coaching and teaching the entire game for his kids.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

nice post KA . Your take on things is usually dead on .

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I would love to see Northwest win the SOCI this year and their kids gain confidence and keep coming out year after year! In regards to them being in the SOCI, I think the Mohawks are exactly where they should be.

Return to “Football”