SEO

Re: Valley @ Portsmouth West

Post by The Oaf »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kerns_69
Waterboy

Post by kerns_69 »

West seems to be clicking at the right time. Good, sound defense from what I've heard. Valley had a great game against Waverly...both teams will be ready, and this should be a bruiser!!! Good luck to both, and stay injury-free!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Well it didn't take long for this to get going.
This will be a great game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley is playing very good football since becoming fully healthy, something will have to give here:

Valley offense: 42.8 PPG
West Defense: 13.0 PPG

West Offense: 27.5 PPG
Valley Defense: 23.3 PPG

I believe this will be WEST homecoming, Valley coming in 6-0, defending 3 time champs, 36 straight, AT the Rock, the place will be rocking (see what I did there, lol)

All that said, Valley has answered the bell for the last 3 years every time they have been in this situation, and I think this week Valley shows those who still aren't sure, that they are a real contender once again. The Indians go into hostile territory and get the job done.

Valley 28
West 20

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Homecoming was a couple weeks ago.
West played sloppy tonight. Minford took a lot of chances on defense and really played hard. If West cleans up the mistakes they can win.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Is west a running or throwing team this year?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Westfan wrote:Homecoming was a couple weeks ago.
West played sloppy tonight. Minford took a lot of chances on defense and really played hard. If West cleans up the mistakes they can win.
Ah, understood. There is no doubt West can win the game, Valley will absolutely have to come to play, and I think they will. Wish I could see this one in person!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

lineman7 wrote:Is west a running or throwing team this year?
West is a balanced pro style offense

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

lets go west knock off 1 of these big dogs valley/burg and you will get in playoffs!!!

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

I like West in this one, not impressed with Valley this year and I would love to see West knock them off. I'm sure there are a whole lot of people in the county that would love to see an upset in this game.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Anyone got the total rushing/passing stats for each team from games to date? West has double advantage in this one: home game and more experience. Odds are in West favor.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This should be a good game! I haven't had a chance to see west play this year other than in film, and I watched valley play ptown. I think valley will do a nice job containing the run that west will bring, but if west has athletes and can throw then valley may struggle a little. In the end I think valley will squeak out the win. 21-14

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jorge Sandusky wrote:I like West in this one, not impressed with Valley this year and I would love to see West knock them off. I'm sure there are a whole lot of people in the county that would love to see an upset in this game.
Everyone outside Lucasville wants to see Valley lose.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:This should be a good game! I haven't had a chance to see west play this year other than in film, and I watched valley play ptown. I think valley will do a nice job containing the run that west will bring, but if west has athletes and can throw then valley may struggle a little. In the end I think valley will squeak out the win. 21-14
Valley has vastly improved since week 1, especially getting the 2 big boys back in the lineup. West will have to pass the ball with success to win this game.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Well, I predicted West at the beginning of the year to win the SOCII and then I sort of hedged and predicted a 3-way tie with West/Burg/Valley lol.

So I am going out on limb and picking West and predicting Welch to go beast mode in his Senior Homecoming game and finds a way to help his team win this one.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

And this years staff at West would if gotten beat the last three years like everybody else too! :122245 no wonder your buddy isn't on the staff this year! :122246

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

doubleplay643 wrote:Well, I predicted West at the beginning of the year to win the SOCII and then I sort of hedged and predicted a 3-way tie with West/Burg/Valley lol.

So I am going out on limb and picking West and predicting Welch to go beast mode in his Senior Homecoming game and finds a way to help his team win this one.
I was informed West has already had homecoming.

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

West's Passing attack will keep Valleys defence off balance all night and set up big runs. I'll take West by 2 scores.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

jumpstart wrote:West's Passing attack will keep Valleys defence off balance all night and set up big runs. I'll take West by 2 scores.
WOW. Sounds like Valley is a Huge underdog

Return to “Football”