Valley @ Portsmouth West

coop
SEOPS

Re: Valley @ Portsmouth West

Post by coop »

Lol
Last edited by coop on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I never said anything about playing perfect or not. I didn't even say who would win, I clearly said it wasn't anymore crazy than saying West would only score 13.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Right, Piketon scored 40, but Valley put up 63...it was one of those offensive nights, but I'm not gonna waste time trying to get a point across that Valley isnt close to the same team they were the first few weeks, but Ill just let play out on the field.

Valley will score at least 28 points, so West is going to have to put up numbers.

West has played what appears to be a "tough" schedule, but the reality is, they havent. They have played big names, and if this were 2013 I'd very impresssed, but NC is terrible, only other wins are against 2 teams that are a combined 1-11 and those were both very close ballgames. So that to me, is not a "good loss".

Liberty Unions wins other than West came against a combined record 3-15, so it doesnt appear they are what they were a year ago either, compiled with the coach situation, I think West should have won both games and be 6-0.

Valleys wins are over opponents with a combined 13-23 record.
West wins are over opponents with a combined 9-15 record.

Both teams have a win over a 4-2 club, while all the other wins are average, so the schedules are far closer than people want to lead on.

I personally think it will be a great game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

noles_fan wrote:I never said anything about playing perfect or not. I didn't even say who would win, I clearly said it wasn't anymore crazy than saying West would only score 13.
I understand what youre saying, I was just generally speaking. This week goes this way every year, lol

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

The best indicator for this game is like opponents which there is one in Portsmouth.
Valley won 41-40
West won 42-39
Going by this it should be a very close game and a classic SOC match up

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

like coop said this is not the same team that played those first few weeks. valley got back what might be there best player in spradlin and another 300 lb lineman. they also made a change to the dbs that gave up those long plays. there offense is just as good as last years. ill go with 35-20 valley.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No team is the same 6 weeks into the season that they are week 1. I would hope that all teams would improve with good coaching. Injuries are a part of the game. Valley had some kids out. West played a majority of those early games without 4 starters.

I don't understand the attitude of Valley fans. Every year the same comments. Some random person will pick against them high or low score and you start crying because the world doesn't think you're the greatest around. I've read projections that make no sense either way as this will probably be a very close game.

I wouldn't use the last few years as any indicator on West. It is a night and day difference.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Valleys team is different also.Honest I never thought Valley would make it this far into their schedule undefeated this year. So props to Valley for that! That is outstanding to do with such a young team and losing so many starters! Speaks so highly of the program they have developed out there. I am always a West fan first when it comes to the SOC. But I think I will root for the "underdogs" this time. Good luck to both.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Westfan wrote:No team is the same 6 weeks into the season that they are week 1. I would hope that all teams would improve with good coaching. Injuries are a part of the game. Valley had some kids out. West played a majority of those early games without 4 starters.

I don't understand the attitude of Valley fans. Every year the same comments. Some random person will pick against them high or low score and you start crying because the world doesn't think you're the greatest around. I've read projections that make no sense either way as this will probably be a very close game.

I wouldn't use the last few years as any indicator on West. It is a night and day difference.
I dont really see anyone crying? Its the same as it is every year, West fans saying that the Senators are too strong, and have too good of a defense, while Valley fans are saying otherwise, thats what this thread is for, right?

I dont sense any "attitude", other than expecting to win, and there is nothing wrong with that. None of us care how good or bad other fans "think" we are, because the results on the field do the talking.

And there is no way Valley uses the last 2 years as an indicator, as they shut out West a combined 72-0, and we all know West is a far better football team than those 2 years combined.

Ill stick with it..

Indians 28
West 20

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I hope West wins and predict they will. But not sure I can stand the chest thumping from our experts when we do!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

izladoom wrote:like coop said this is not the same team that played those first few weeks. valley got back what might be there best player in spradlin and another 300 lb lineman. they also made a change to the dbs that gave up those long plays. there offense is just as good as last years. ill go with 35-20 valley.
No they didn't.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Yea they did, they didnt replace him on the field but they did change other position players and scheme to cover him

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Are both teams starters healthy? I haven't seen West play so it's hard to make any kind of rationale prediction and I won't. Both teams have won the games they were supposed to win so no real surprises there. Hopefully Valley's two big returning linemen are in game condition and are at 100% to go 4 quarters.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

For those of you doubting if West can throw the ball, they can! West did so against Minford in the rain. Their 2 first quarter TD were passing TDs.

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

I seen where the welch kid hurt his hand is he going to be able to play? If not who would take his place?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

allensports wrote:I seen where the welch kid hurt his hand is he going to be able to play? If not who would take his place?
That would be a big loss. He's a tough kid. He'll play if at all possible.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Welch should be fine. Stitches in his hand.West had freshman lineman back and junior outside linebacker back.

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

This should be a GREAT game if nerves don't take over! I AM a Valley fan but this one makes me a bit nervous. West will WANT this one. Don't come out flat fellas!! ROLL TRIBE!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Vladimir wrote:For those of you doubting if West can throw the ball, they can! West did so against Minford in the rain. Their 2 first quarter TD were passing TDs.
Minford is very suspect. I'm not a believer. They prolly won't win an SOC game this year.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Westfan wrote:
allensports wrote:I seen where the welch kid hurt his hand is he going to be able to play? If not who would take his place?
That would be a big loss. He's a tough kid. He'll play if at all possible.
Unless a bone is sticking out this kid will play.

Return to “Football”