Who advances further? Athens or Trimble

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Re: Who advances further? Athens or Trimble

Post by seoconstruction »

Athens let tri valley control them at the line of scrimmage , burrow was s huge X factor last year for that game , MF just flat out dominated them , this Athens team is improved but the region is tougher this year and I highly doubt they make it out .. Athens plays a cupcake schedule for the talent they have to work with .. I say they lose round two bc their coach goes for it too many times on 4th down ( as he loves to do in the playoffs last year )

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I think Trimble makes it as far as Shadyside, as for Athens I'm not sure, depends on how there region plays out

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

seoconstruction wrote:Athens let tri valley control them at the line of scrimmage , burrow was s huge X factor last year for that game , MF just flat out dominated them , this Athens team is improved but the region is tougher this year and I highly doubt they make it out .. Athens plays a cupcake schedule for the talent they have to work with .. I say they lose round two bc their coach goes for it too many times on 4th down ( as he loves to do in the playoffs last year )
Tougher region this year?

Without Marion Franklin, Eastmoor Academy and Beechcroft?

I love the stuff I read on here sometimes.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I'm glad to see that this thread isn't causing the rancor it's creator was hoping to start. I know I root for any area team that makes the playoffs or a nice run in the tourney no matter which sport or if they are from the TVC, SEOAL, and PVC.

Wouldn't a better thread be---What teams have a chance of making the playoffs this year? I'd like to hear the SG, Belpre, NY, Meigs, etc... fans make a case for their boys.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

That would be a good thread, but most of those teams go one game and done in the playoffs. Its great for the school to make the playoffs, that's what many teams in southeastern ohio strive for. But Trimble and Athens have proven they compete with playoff teams.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

We'd have to include Wahama since they have had tremendous playoff success recently and if we want to go all time NY holds the record for Ohio TVC teams with a State Championship. VC won a playoff game too. If I left anybody out blame it on my old age.

I get your point but I'd bet that the first or second time those "One and Done" teams made it they generated a lot of interest and enthusiasm in their communities. It's a great thing to be a part of and I wish every kid got the opportunity.

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

lol and you got it all figured out "live" from the Athens rec center don't ya 93

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Top to bottom I say it's tougher for Athens , Logan elm gave you all you could handle and they are better this yr than last ! Desales is a team you want to advoid even though they've had lmuch better recent teams , Jackson would give you a half maybe 3 quarters , physical teams like big walnut / tri valley / Dover will put up points and control you at the line of scrimmage (saying big walnut makes it)
There are 5-6 teams that are a true scare for Athens that are toss ups imo , it's hard to tell with your cup cake schedule how good you are ... :)
Last edited by seoconstruction on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I think who ever wins the most playoff games this year will go further.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Athens just sent notice to Region 9er's!

They beat that ''Cupcake'' team up there in Stuebenville in "Cupcake Valley" with that fire breathing "Cupcake" on top of the Scoreboard!

SEOcontruction, C'mon Man!

IF beating Stuebenville (one of the best programs in the state) in Stuebenville isn't enough to make you stop and take notice, then you are lost my friend.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Green Beagle wrote:I think who ever wins the most playoff games this year will go further.
You are a GURU! :aaaaa96 That is an awesome and safe prediction. :aaaaa122 Nice call, I like that ;-)

Return to “Football”