Portsmouth West 3-2 vs. Minford 4-1

vladimir
S

Portsmouth West 3-2 vs. Minford 4-1

Post by vladimir »

West has played some good competition in their two close losses. Minford is coming off an emotional win in OT against Oak Hill, and has momentum going into league play. This should be a good game. Thoughts??

Rastus
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth West 3-2 vs. Minford 4-1

Post by Rastus »

Seems that Minford hasn't exactly been dominating against lesser competition, West wins comfortably.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Higgy Baby wrote:Seems that Minford hasn't exactly been dominating against lesser competition, West wins comfortably.
^^^^^
agree west takes this game and their playoff hopes continue!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

West 28
Minford 20

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

welch and d to much 4 falcons west by 20

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

I agree with the above. West should dominate the game from beginning to end. West wins 35-14.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

West should take this one pretty handily. However, if they do not win by 21+, they may have a long 4 weeks after that.

West 40
Minford 12

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Don't know about some of these predictions. Look for this game to be a very hard fought close game. In the past dozen years or so there has only been a few lopsided games between the two. I look for West to win by one or maybe two scores. LETS GO WEST.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

luvbigcats wrote:Don't know about some of these predictions. Look for this game to be a very hard fought close game. In the past dozen years or so there has only been a few lopsided games between the two. I look for West to win by one or maybe two scores. LETS GO WEST.
That may be so. However, I have watched Minford this year and if West scores first they will roll over. They have a couple kids that will play hard. Other than that, well... idk what to say. My previous post is still what I am sticking with.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Welch and company have their way with the Falcons this year. Does West have any back from injuries?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

West comfortably in this one, and off to a good league start.

I predicted (albeit a long shot) before the season for West to win the SOCII over Burg and Valley. This first game against Minford will see if that prediction lol has any merit.
Last edited by doubleplay643 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Don't write off the Falcons just yet.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

West, mainly because of the non league schedule and their competitiveness in those games...

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
luvbigcats wrote:Don't know about some of these predictions. Look for this game to be a very hard fought close game. In the past dozen years or so there has only been a few lopsided games between the two. I look for West to win by one or maybe two scores. LETS GO WEST.
That may be so. However, I have watched Minford this year and if West scores first they will roll over. They have a couple kids that will play hard. Other than that, well... idk what to say. My previous post is still what I am sticking with.
Really?

Against Paint Valley, Minford got down early 14-0. They rolled off 21 straight points and won the game. Not sure what game you watched, but unless you drove to Columbus and saw them play Grandview Heights, your comment is way off.

Based on how West played LU and NC I think they are absolutely the favorite in this game. Minford needs to have no turnovers and force West into a few mistakes to have a chance to win this one.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I wouldn't judge by any other games either team played. It is more about the one on ones in this game. West is clearly the favorite. I thought LU wasn't very good but what do I know. I think West will win by 2 scores. From what I am hearing Minford isn't last years team.

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

This game will get out of hand, I have seen both play and West is way better....West 35 Minford 13

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

isnt last yrs team? whats that mean? west won last yr did they?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

If I'm Minford I would be very cautious using Paint Valley as a credible gauge. 25 points against NW, OT with Oak Hill, and the 35 points they gave up to the bearcats speaks much more profoundly. On paper this looks like a complete carbon copy of last years game. One the clear favorite over the other. No doubt Minford is capable of winning this game but I don't see any compelling evidence that would lead me to believe they will. On the other hand, "IF" West doesn't win by about 3TD's then they are pretenders too who will have no business tangling with the upper echelon of Region 17.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I don't think West has to necessarily beat Minford badly to prove whether or not they can play with Valley and Wheelersburg. West is an excellent defensive team. That defense will keep them in the game with most teams. We are getting better on offense, especially as we get boys healthy. But really good defensive teams are gonna give us trouble at times.

Friday I look for Minford to put up a fight and it will be up to West to jump on them and break their will. West better not let them hang around or we could see a repeat of last year. If West keeps playing as they have they should be ok.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Oaf wrote:If I'm Minford I would be very cautious using Paint Valley as a credible gauge. 25 points against NW, OT with Oak Hill, and the 35 points they gave up to the bearcats speaks much more profoundly. On paper this looks like a complete carbon copy of last years game. One the clear favorite over the other. No doubt Minford is capable of winning this game but I don't see any compelling evidence that would lead me to believe they will. On the other hand, "IF" West doesn't win by about 3TD's then they are pretenders too who will have no business tangling with the upper echelon of Region 17.
My sentiments exactly. :122249

Return to “Football”