WEEK 6 WHEELERSBURG(4-1) @ COAL GROVE(3-2)

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

WEEK 6 WHEELERSBURG(4-1) @ COAL GROVE(3-2)

Post by Trojan_Pride »

burg coming off a shutout loss to jackson , cg barely beat waverly
early forecast calling for 60% chance rain

would love to see CG pull off this upset so i hope it pours the rain

thoughts??

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 6 WHEELERSBURG(4-1) @ COAL GROVE(3-2)

Post by wobycat »

Coal grove has been close in all there losses. Sounds like a deficiency in defense. Two things could happen here, one the burg sets their ship right again, or 2 the loss with Jackson causes a huge hangover. Going with a mixture of the two. 28-14 burg.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

like you said....one of two things could happen here....1. Burg set their ship straight and slams into CG or 2. they play like they did against Jackson and come back home with their heads hanging low and their tails tucked between their legs?????????

I'm hoping they get back on track this week and play this and every game like they know how too!
Burg 42
CG 14

......but we will see???????

:aaaaa46

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

wobycat wrote:Coal grove has been close in all there losses. Sounds like a deficiency in defense. Two things could happen here, one the burg sets their ship right again, or 2 the loss with Jackson causes a huge hangover. Going with a mixture of the two. 28-14 burg.
Coal Groves two losses weren't close. The loss to Valley was a blowout from beginning to end and 20 point defeat and the one to Raceland was back and forth until Raceland put them away in the end. I don't consider a 20 point or a 16 defeat close.
Burg gets back on track this week and gets a big win.
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Close as being in the game. Valley jumped out on the grove, but eventually got into the flow but by then it was too late. Which appears as a blowout? 21-0 or 42-21. It's how it's perceived.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Pirates have to be disappointed with Jackson loss but it's over, time to move on just like Jackson did the last two years that the Burg rubbed there faces in the dirt. Was disappointed with the defense, they could have done better. Was disappointed in the offense they could have been better. Where the Burg needs to improve is play calling, in my opinion the plays are coming in much to slow, if you know what your doing, do it. The QB stands and waits for the call to be made I believe this issue need upgraded. JUST MY OPINION.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Look for the Pirates to come out mad! Could get ugly for the Hornets.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Look for the Pirates to come out mad! Could get ugly for the Hornets.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote:Close as being in the game. Valley jumped out on the grove, but eventually got into the flow but by then it was too late. Which appears as a blowout? 21-0 or 42-21. It's how it's perceived.
I guess our definitions of "close" are different.

Valley led 21-0 at half
Valley led 42-14 with 8 to play

As far as this game.

Rain:
Burg 31
CG 20

No Rain
Burg 48
CG 20

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Look for Burg to rebound quickly after Friday night. Could get ugly quick.

Burg 56
CG 14
In a close one :roll:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

oh no the burg (egos) have sprouted!^^^^^^

although burg may win this game look for a closer score !!! and if rain i say the game goes to a toss up

GO HORNETS!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:oh no the burg (egos) have sprouted!^^^^^^

although burg may win this game look for a closer score !!! and if rain i say the game goes to a toss up

GO HORNETS!!!

It's just a way of life. Burg believes they can win any game and have never lost without playing the game. Don't get all upset over the EGO'S. It's all in good (but truthful) fun. Rain or shine the only toss is the coin. 8)

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Look for Burg to rebound quickly after Friday night. Could get ugly quick.

Burg 56
CG 14
In a close one :roll:
LOL :lol:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:

GO HORNETS!!!

It's just a way of life. Burg believes they can win any game and have never lost without playing the game. Don't get all upset over the EGO'S. It's all in good (but truthful) fun. Rain or shine the only toss is the coin. 8)
i agree every team should step on the field thinking they can win ,and i know this is all just fun. however, some of these burg predictions seem to be from planet mars!!! LOL

they only lost to raceland by 16 and valley by 20 and u have burg winning by 42 LOL

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Hornets are a lot better team than their record indicates......I wouldn't be surprised if this game goes to the 4th quarter with game still in doubt....

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:

GO HORNETS!!!

i agree every team should step on the field thinking they can win ,and i know this is all just fun. however, some of these burg predictions seem to be from planet mars!!! LOL

they only lost to raceland by 16 and valley by 20 and u have burg winning by 42 LOL

:lol: Stirrin' the pot. But on an honest note, I do believe W'burg will come to play Friday night. They may be out to prove something. That being said, Burg by 3 scores.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Burg wins by 21 points.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg gets back on track and wins big this week!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Burg will do just fine in this one. Outcome will never be in doubt.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

When West played CG in the previews is was obvious that they couldn't defend the pass. With the points Valley and Raceland put up against them it seems that hasn't improved. That doesn't bode well for this game.

Return to “Football”