WEEK 6 WHEELERSBURG(4-1) @ COAL GROVE(3-2)

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 6 WHEELERSBURG(4-1) @ COAL GROVE(3-2)

Post by 32hornets »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Grove gave burg all they could handle...
I agree BG6 3 huge plays hurt CG. 2 long pass plays and the fake punt conversion n score. Burgs a quality team with a lot of weapons , I thought CG played well outside of those 3 big plays and held burg to I believe it's 2nd lowest score total for yr (Jackson 0).

I will say CG first score by Dolen was prob the best offensive run I've seen in high school from a power run then turning on the jets. Burg kid came up n laid the wood to him but Dolen was carrying a splitter . Biggest hit I've seen a running back deliever and then to keep his feet and out run burgs speed another 40-50 yrs. welcome back to the field young man.

Win out grove and need some big wins from Waverly and Meigs.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

He was like a BIG Plow. Nice run.

Nice Game Coal Grove made it worth sitting in the rain.

Congrats Burg lets keep going

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Burg's run defense is always suspect. the last few years, big backs run through them at will. The line is big but slow, they have not had a group of linebackers to stop the run either. Once runners break the line of scrimmage they are off to the races. If I were playing Burg, steady up the gut runs will produce big gains.l

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

This game was not quite what I expected to see, but then again, it was exactly what I expected. Typical play calling from the CG side, kids in the wrong positions, kids who should be playing more not playing at all??? Nothing ever changes? Sorry for the team and boys, this team should not have been beaten this season!JMO :122248

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

iluvlucy wrote:kids in the wrong positions, kids who should be playing more not playing at all???

I'm curious.....Who exactly is in the "wrong position" and "who should be playing but not playing at all?"

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

burg has trouble stopping the run, their big plays come off the pass valley can defense the pass and the run, and can score when they need too. I don't think burg can handle valley for four quarters I think valley wins the soc four in a row jmo.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Pocket Aces wrote:
iluvlucy wrote:kids in the wrong positions, kids who should be playing more not playing at all???

I'm curious.....Who exactly is in the "wrong position" and "who should be playing but not playing at all?"
I will answer this question for you. #28 should not have been on that field playing defense last night, now don't get me wrong, he is a good kid and I know his family but Wheelersburg's QB was looking for him during every pass play because of the size difference. Burg's receivers didn't even have to jump to get the pass against him, once again, great kid and will be a great football player but there was a spot that should have been changed at the beginning of the game and it never was truly addressed. Which goes back to what I was saying this past week, "lack of adjustments cost us a game".

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bilco2 wrote:burg has trouble stopping the run, their big plays come off the pass valley can defense the pass and the run, and can score when they need too. I don't think burg can handle valley for four quarters I think valley wins the soc four in a row jmo.
Valley should worry about west. As bad as burg played, they were never in danger in losing the game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

These last two games should put the "Burg's gonna win Region 17" nonsense right in the dumpster where it belongs!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The Oaf wrote:These last two games should put the "Burg's gonna win Region 17" nonsense right in the dumpster where it belongs!
Where are you reading that people are saying burg will win the region? I posted it one time on a different thread... I agree Hartley is a 99% lock for the region, you keep saying it too. I do think wheelersburg can compete with any1 in the region including Hartley. Based on you post here and on the region 17 thread it seems like you just don't like burg and that's fine most out siders don't...

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:These last two games should put the "Burg's gonna win Region 17" nonsense right in the dumpster where it belongs!
Where are you reading that people are saying burg will win the region? I posted it one time on a different thread... I agree Hartley is a 99% lock for the region, you keep saying it too. I do think wheelersburg can compete with any1 in the region including Hartley. Based on you post here and on the region 17 thread it seems like you just don't like burg and that's fine most out siders don't...
Well if the shoe fits kid! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I don't get on here a lot but I haven't seen anyone from the Burg saying the Pirates would win Region 17. Hartley would be the smart bet, but you can't count out Columbus East, Coshocton, St Clairsville, or Iroton either. Anything can happen. That's why they play the game. Ask Alabama.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The Oaf wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:
Well if the shoe fits kid! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank for the shoes little boy... I'll pass them on to the less fortunate kid cg-irontonfan..

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

those shoes fit you just fine there!!!

you guys have let others make u think hartley is king again!!! they are not, trust me region 17 is wide open !!!

hartley is not even close to last year hartley team!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

oaf,
Seriously I don't get on here to talk about shoes.. I just would like to read where people are saying that burg is going to win the region???... I would appreciate some facts to back up what you said.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Eastmoor would be my favorite to win region

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

fbnut wrote:Eastmoor would be my favorite to win region
eastmoore has about same chance in winning region 17 as coal grove had in beating burg .034

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
fbnut wrote:Eastmoor would be my favorite to win region
eastmoore has about same chance in winning region 17 as coal grove had in beating burg .034
Just my opinion bud, you know what they say about opinions "there just like A holes everyone has one"

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Cg-ironton fan. If eastmoor don't have a chance and Hartley isn't any good... Who do you think is going to win this region ?

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Cg-ironton fan. If eastmoor don't have a chance and Hartley isn't any good... Who do you think is going to win this region ?

I know, I know, I know...... :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”