Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

doubleplay643
S

Re: Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

Post by doubleplay643 »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
teach1coach2 wrote:Athens is 30 points better.
Game at Steubenville.
Officials hired by Steubenville.
Athens wins by 10.

Blaming officials already? Classy!
There is a reason lol they are playing what 8-9 home games this year I haven't looked but it is one of those, and it is like that every year a majority of the games being played at home. And if you think there isn't a reason for that you are being naive. Friday night football in Steubenville is akin to Texas High School football, it is big business so to speak lol. They don't care to pay Athens $4k and some of the gate (not sure what their arrangement is but my guess it is something along those lines).

Look, I am not saying the officials are going to be "Pauly's" brother-in-laws and cousins from the local Teamster union hall and that the fix is on lol, but I am saying just don't be naive.

Big Red fans like to have the advantage...home games and maybe a wee bit of home cookin' lol.

I think Athens is too much for Big Red, and roll in this one after a quarter of Steubenville hanging tough.

Good luck to the Bulldogs.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

If Steubenville win's it will be because have played a tougher schedule! Athens also there starters have not played a complete game (4 quarters)

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Athens starters has not played 4 qts in like 3 years (except in playoffs ).
Don't think that will be a problem this week either ....I think the
Bulldogs win big ....too much O...

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

First Steubenville has won 9 State Championships and been runner up 3 times. I'm pretty sure all those playoff games and State Championships were played at Death VAlley. So stop blaming officiating a week before the game is even played. Of course if you read articles in the paper or listen to folks on here Athens has never lost a game, it's always been officiating. Second I'm with doubleplay this is a huge business for them. What's their stadium hold 10,000? Check their schedule they play a lot of Division 1,2 and 3's. They have an indoor facility, a practice field that is better then any field in the TVC and tradition. With all that said I'm saying DI signee's Burrow and Williams lead Athens to at least a three touchdown win. This should be the year of the first State Championship for Athens.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Blackjack wrote:OHW - Jed DeBruin was the leader of that line and a Captain. Sorry to hurt your feelings. Just wait and see who is correct. :122245
WOW!!!

Maybe you should just not say anything lmao.........

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

athens78 wrote:First Steubenville has won 9 State Championships and been runner up 3 times. I'm pretty sure all those playoff games and State Championships were played at Death VAlley. So stop blaming officiating a week before the game is even played. Of course if you read articles in the paper or listen to folks on here Athens has never lost a game, it's always been officiating. Second I'm with doubleplay this is a huge business for them. What's their stadium hold 10,000? Check their schedule they play a lot of Division 1,2 and 3's. They have an indoor facility, a practice field that is better then any field in the TVC and tradition. With all that said I'm saying DI signee's Burrow and Williams lead Athens to at least a three touchdown win. This should be the year of the first State Championship for Athens.
Going out on the limb! Bold statement will save this one!

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I really, really hope Athens wins as a Sheridan fan. That said, to predict a state title is pretty arrogant, especially considering that in your own region is a Tri-Valley team that lost exactly one contributor (a lineman) off of a team that you beat 55-52 in the second round of the playoffs last year and were lucky to do so. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. You will have to play outstanding football just to win that region.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Stubenville, has won three State titles since the play-offs, the rest are of the "mythical" variety. Some might find it interesting to note that Stubenville is at .500 all time against teams from the Southeast District.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Everything you need to know about Big Red Football at Rollbigred .com or try Steubenville Big Red Football!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

moonshine wrote:Everything you need to know about Big Red Football at Rollbigred .com or try Steubenville Big Red Football!

Yeah, already found several things on that sight that are incorrect. For example, Stubenville has Ironton with only 16 play-off appearances, when in reality they have 30 and are 5 ahead of Stubenville (which Stubenville claims more, and claims more points on the "greatest" progams page based off of this faulty information)

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Pol Pot wrote:
moonshine wrote:Everything you need to know about Big Red Football at Rollbigred .com or try Steubenville Big Red Football!

Yeah, already found several things on that sight that are incorrect. For example, Stubenville has Ironton with only 16 play-off appearances, when in reality they have 30 and are 5 ahead of Stubenville (which Stubenville claims more, and claims more points on the "greatest" progams page based off of this faulty information)
Of course that what most home team web pages are about!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Lets go Bulldogs.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

If Athens doesn't win a State Championship with this talent this year it will be the biggest waste of the best talent in the State the last four years. I think even if Athens finishes 8th in the division they walk through it no problem. IMO. When the start the fire out of the Man of War horse it will quickly be extinguished by the bulldogs air attack and Ohio State recruit Joe Burrow the best quarterback in the Ohio and probably the country.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

athens78 wrote:If Athens doesn't win a State Championship with this talent this year it will be the biggest waste of the best talent in the State the last four years. I think even if Athens finishes 8th in the division they walk through it no problem. IMO. When the start the fire out of the Man of War horse it will quickly be extinguished by the bulldogs air attack and Ohio State recruit Joe Burrow the best quarterback in the Ohio and probably the country.
Please remember do not put the cart b-4 the horse!

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

[quote="athens78"]If Athens doesn't win a State Championship with this talent this year it will be the biggest waste of the best talent in the State the last four years. I think even if Athens finishes 8th in the division they walk through it no problem. IMO. When the start the fire out of the Man of War horse it will quickly be extinguished by the bulldogs air attack and Ohio State recruit Joe Burrow the best quarterback in the Ohio and probably the country.[/quote]

I seriously doubt that Burrow is the best QB in Ohio and to say the best in the country is laughable to say the least.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS!!!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

athens78 wrote:If Athens doesn't win a State Championship with this talent this year it will be the biggest waste of the best talent in the State the last four years. I think even if Athens finishes 8th in the division they walk through it no problem. IMO. When the start the fire out of the Man of War horse it will quickly be extinguished by the bulldogs air attack and Ohio State recruit Joe Burrow the best quarterback in the Ohio and probably the country.
I like your enthusiasm athens78 and want all the local players playing at the next level to have success, and really think the Burrow kid is a standout and the best the area has seen or maybe will ever see....but....it is an awfully big country.

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

Athens just has never had any talent so they gotta talk up this years team ;)
Athens won't make it out the region, you play in an awful league against kids that are ... Well .. Kids ...
Athens loses 2-3rd round and you guys cry

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I would post something clever and useful - but I'm still laughing at the Jed Debruin statement.

lol

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

93Bulldog wrote:I would post something clever and useful - but I'm still laughing at the Jed Debruin statement.

lol
Is it bad that I have no kids playing for Athens and Im from Trimble and knew he played 2yrs ago

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Your dreams will turn into nightmares! Oh by the way the buckeye's are set at the QB position for the next 3-4 years without Burrow!

Return to “Football”