Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

doubleplay643
S

Re: Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

Post by doubleplay643 »

From strictly a selfish perspective lol (and the fact I like SE Ohio teams to represent) I would like to see an Athens win.

If they lose they finish 9-1 and a 6th seed in the Region 9 play-offs. If Jackson wins out (big IF) then we finish as a 3rd seed most likely according to Drew Pasteur and call me crazy but hosting Athens in Week 11 would not be on my things to do list lol.

So Go Athens!!.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

wrestlefan1 wrote:when chillicothe beat steubenville at their place in the early 2000's, i swear we had 10 seconds to get plays in or it was delay of game
Lucky for Athens they usually only spend about 8 seconds in between plays.

:mrgreen:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I guess I am way more cautious than most Bulldog supporters. I still look at Steubenville as a very good team playing at home with a 80% chance of rain, a huge home field advantage and facing a team with a 3 hour plus bus ride to get there..... I would feel very fortunate just to get out of Big Red country with a win by any margin. I see people on here predicting 20 and 30 point wins and I just don't see it happening, they held Clark and #13 overall Massilon to 26 points and people think Athens will win by that much? I hope I am wrong but we'll see soon enough.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

As far as scheduling almost all home games every year, wouldn't every AD love that is they put 10,000 people in the stadium and was able to pay people to come play and still over flow the till with money? They be lying if they said different. Again they don't play all those playoff game at home.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I thought about driving up to this one but with 80% chance of rain I'm not driving that far to sit in the rain and cold. Good luck to Athens who will win by at least 3 touchdowns.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Should be an interesting game, especially considering the weather forecast.

I think Athens wins a close game.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Big Red at Death Valley is essentially like starting in a 14 point hole. I think Athens is much better. I look back to last fall when Maysville was a missed field goal from beating them in the playoffs and Athens would do unspeakable things to Maysville. I think/hope Athens takes it 42-28.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO TVC!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

After all the comments and what ever happens you do know that no one outside of Athens cares about this game, LOL. Maybe a few but very few. Hope the rain holds off

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:After all the comments and what ever happens you do know that no one outside of Athens cares about this game, LOL. Maybe a few but very few. Hope the rain holds off
you obviously live in a bubble.

I read other forums, like yappi out of Cincinnati, jjhuddle, the OVC forum and this one ... all the Athens/Steuby game threads are 5 and 6 pages.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

93Bulldog wrote:
athens78 wrote:After all the comments and what ever happens you do know that no one outside of Athens cares about this game, LOL. Maybe a few but very few. Hope the rain holds off
you obviously live in a bubble.

I read other forums, like yappi out of Cincinnati, jjhuddle, the OVC forum and this one ... all the Athens/Steuby game threads are 5 and 6 pages.
As a Jackson fan I am pretty interested...my guess is the fans that follow DeSales, TV and some of the other Region 9 possible playoff contenders are interested.

The OVC forum alone is already near 8 pages...pretty interesting reading actually.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Latest forecast is 90% chance on the rain. Bring your poncho !

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Love how according to calpreps that both Athens and Steubenville are playing two games on Friday night, there is this game and Athens is at Ironton while Steubenville is also hosting Barberton.

Don't worry Bulldog fans, calpreps has you predicted to win both games.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Athens can very well win this game if they keep the turnovers down.
Steubenville will be Athens strongest opponent to date and on the Schedule/
Steubenville hung tough with Massilon after starting slow they lost true but this is team that has played a better schedule than Athens IMO.
Will that matter maybe not Athens is a talented team and this game should show them where they stand to date.
Hoping for a great game and a Athens win will no injuries to either team.
Turnovers maybe the key to this contest and if Athens plays smart and under control with no turnovers a win should not only be expected but well welcomed.
Good Luck Bulldogs

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

GO DAWGS
I remember Coach Adam's first year at the helm, the bulldogs were scrimmaging Vinton County in McArthur, and I was on the chain gang.
He will never remember this, but we talked at length about the future of Athens high school football. He said then he was going to turn this program around. and I believed him then. I have never forgot that conversation, and it shows what belief and hard work can do. Talent helps, but a determined and confident coach goes a long way.
I look for the Dawgs to represent the TVC throughout the season and playoffs that reflect their coach's demeanor, and that is nothing but class!
Congrats to Coach Adams and his staff. You all deserve it all!
Can't wait to see Joey Burrows in Scarlet and Gray. I know he will look as good in those colors as he does in Green and Gold!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

One of the biggest if not the biggest game in the state this week

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A. wrote:One of the biggest if not the biggest game in the state this week
According to Athens78 nobody cares about this game outside of Athens.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

93Bulldog wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:One of the biggest if not the biggest game in the state this week
According to Athens78 nobody cares about this game outside of Athens.

He's nuts.......... I know of several carloads of fans not from Athens that are going to drive 3 hrs and more to see this game. Urban Meyer already has his spot reserved up in the pressbox.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I listened to the last 15 minutes of the Reno show (coach of Big Red) and he was very complementary to the Bulldogs team. Thought that people did not give enough credit to the line play of Athens.

One note: Friday night is homecoming for Steubenville. I know most schools try to pick a weaker home opponent in the middle of the season as the homecoming game. The Big Red has 9 home games. The person who picks the homecoming week picked Athens. May or may not mean something.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

i scouted a steubenville scrimmage.. came home to bill dennis and he asks what i think
i tell him its a good thing we have them at home because if we were on the road we would go deaf from the bull blowing up every time they scored.
he didnt think it was very funny at all
they blew us out out chilli and we beat them the next year at steuby

Return to “Football”