Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

Post by vctransplant »

Paladin wrote:I'm picking Big Red. While Big Red is a very average team this year and lost their best player for the rest of the season to injury,its still a notch way above what Athens usually sees in the regular season. The weak TVC teams don't get Athens ready for the playoffs and a loss here eliminates them, in all probability, from getting a home game. Death Valley ( for those who haven't been there) is a great venue but quite hostile and a true "12th" player for Big Red. It may also be wet and effect Athens game. Big Red is going to ram it down their throats and control the football. While I wouldn't call Big Red a good D team , they did hold #1 D-II Massillon to 26 pts at Paul Brown Stadium and were In the game. Big Red rarely loses at home and that includes vs many state power teams who visit. I believe Athens is clueless as to what awaits them. I know the fans are from reading the board . Could be a close game. Maybe. Enjoy the game.
HaHaHa! Once again Paladumb demonstrates he hasn't. Got a clue and only speaks out of hate for South east Ohio. Loves that CROW!!!! :twisted:

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

And to think, there were people on here saying that no one outside of Athens and Steubinville was paying attention to this game.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/ ... U-31801283

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Time for shine to pay up on that Millers super chicken offer :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

That Millers super chicken sandwich you won, with the bet you had with moonshine, ought to taste pretty good Bulldog. :-D Let me know how good it was. :-D

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Orange and Brown wrote:Palicrap posted over in the Logan Jackson thread but he isn't man enough to admit he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about after eating Crow!
I can't imagine crapshine would be man enough either lol
If I was 100% correct, I would be lord and master. I will still predict that the bullpuppies will not make it out of the regionals unless the injury bug hits the other teams! Beware of TV! As far as your nutboy's, Meigs laid a big one in the 2nd half! Both teams cut and ran!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I've talked to many business associates in Columbus and they keep asking me about this Burrow kid and why he signed with Ohio State since the quarterback in FL is gonna sign. They haven't even heard of him and they are big buckeye fans as most are up there. I told them he's the real deal and they come back with he's not even listed in the Rival.com anywhere. After looking on Rivals they list him as the 22nd ranked dual quarterback and he's ranked 29th in the state which I assume is over all no matter position. However he doesn't show up in the National Rankings. So yes even people in Columbus wasn't really caring about this one. I still can't believe they don't even know who Joe is.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:I've talked to many business associates in Columbus and they keep asking me about this Burrow kid and why he signed with Ohio State since the quarterback in FL is gonna sign. They haven't even heard of him and they are big buckeye fans as most are up there. I told them he's the real deal and they come back with he's not even listed in the Rival.com anywhere. After looking on Rivals they list him as the 22nd ranked dual quarterback and he's ranked 29th in the state which I assume is over all no matter position. However he doesn't show up in the National Rankings. So yes even people in Columbus wasn't really caring about this one. I still can't believe they don't even know who Joe is.
Obviously they are not die heard fans - Joe has been all over bucknuts.com, 247sports, he was on the cover of the Columbus Dispatch before the season started - and he's been written about in the Dispatch a couple of times during the season.

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

athens78 wrote:I've talked to many business associates in Columbus and they keep asking me about this Burrow kid and why he signed with Ohio State since the quarterback in FL is gonna sign. They haven't even heard of him and they are big buckeye fans as most are up there. I told them he's the real deal and they come back with he's not even listed in the Rival.com anywhere. After looking on Rivals they list him as the 22nd ranked dual quarterback and he's ranked 29th in the state which I assume is over all no matter position. However he doesn't show up in the National Rankings. So yes even people in Columbus wasn't really caring about this one. I still can't believe they don't even know who Joe is.
He is #14 dual threat in the country and #17 prospect in the state

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Do us all a favor......... Whenever you feel the need to post something, DON'T!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm beginning to think Athens78 is paladin's alter ego.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Obviously they are not die heard fans - Joe has been all over bucknuts.com, 247sports, he was on the cover of the Columbus Dispatch before the season started - and he's been written about in the Dispatch a couple of times during the season.
Eleven Warriors which is THE place to go if you are a fan of THE Ohio State University has numerous stories, interview, and blogs on Mr. Burrow...if they haven't heard of him I doubt they follow the recruiting very much, and if they underestimate is ability to win a spot or position after a redshirt year then they are probably going to be in for a surprise.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I've watched Burrow in person, as 93Bulldog can attest to, and I'm excited to have him up here in the 'Shoe for the next five years (assuming he gets redshirted with Braxton/Barrett both back next year). Go Bucks!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I love how people from Southeastern Ohio go out of their way to say something negative about u our kids when they are successful.

Athens78 says one thing in one post and the complete opposite in another. He loves to act like he knows what he is talking about, but he is often short on facts.

Other people on this site, are waiting like kids on Christmas Eve for Joe Burrow a D Mr Williams to fail.

Then their are the folks who I call the "but" heads. "all Yea he is great BUT", "he may go to Ohio State BUT", "he may go to OU BUT"

I wish those people would just shut up!
Why can't we support and be proud of the young people who do well and leave the "buts" at home.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Orange and Brown wrote:I love how people from Southeastern Ohio go out of their way to say something negative about u our kids when they are successful.

Athens78 says one thing in one post and the complete opposite in another. He loves to act like he knows what he is talking about, but he is often short on facts.

Other people on this site, are waiting like kids on Christmas Eve for Joe Burrow a D Mr Williams to fail.

Then their are the folks who I call the "but" heads. "all Yea he is great BUT", "he may go to Ohio State BUT", "he may go to OU BUT"

I wish those people would just shut up!
Why can't we support and be proud of the young people who do well and leave the "buts" at home.

I will give you an "AMEN" on this!!!! Stated this same thing last week.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Not saying Burrows can't plat QB at OSU but is he being recruited for a QB or as a Athlete.
The young man can play I attest to that but is it at QB or as a Athlete to play a position of need in the future ?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Many acted like this when Trevon Pendleton, from Portsmouth West went to Michigan State, and then he started as FB and caught a TD in last years Rose Bowl against Stanford;

Many acted like this when Jared McCray, from Minford went to Ohio U, and now he's starting Offensive Tackle as a Freshman for the Bobcats. Quoted by Frank Solich, "The best pass blocker we have."

The problem with Southern Ohio is the envious nature of people, it's just an old case of misery loves company. Good luck to Mr. Burrows and I hope he uses peoples negativity as a motivation as for something to prove to the naysayers in this area of the state.
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Anyone with access to a copy of this game willing to upload it to YouTube?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Vladimir wrote:Many acted like this when Trevon Pendleton, from Portsmouth West went to Michigan State, and then he started as FB and caught a TD in last years Rose Bowl against Stanford;

Many acted like this when Jared McCray, from Minford went to Ohio U, and now he's starting Offensive Tackle as a Freshman for the Bobcats. Quoted by Frank Solich, "The best pass blocker we have."

The problem with Southern Ohio is the envious nature of people, it's just an old case of misery loves company. Good luck to Mr. Burrows and I hope he uses peoples negativity as a motivation as for something to prove to the naysayers in this area of the state.
Most kids and people from SE Ohio are used to being underestimated and therefore are used to having to go the extra mile or work a little harder. Those that get a shot, usually make the most of it. No reason to think differently of the three senior kids Burrow-Williams-Williams that will be going to The OSU-OU-Stanford next year. Each will give it there all no doubt about it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

maniac66 wrote:Not saying Burrows can't plat QB at OSU but is he being recruited for a QB or as a Athlete.
The young man can play I attest to that but is it at QB or as a Athlete to play a position of need in the future ?

Another "but" head......

He was recruited as a QB.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Crab's brother wrote:Anyone with access to a copy of this game willing to upload it to YouTube?
Nelsonville TV Cable owns the rights to what they tape, so unless someone has their permission that would be illegal.

If you wanted to, you could stop by or contact Movies 10 just outside Nelsonville and get your own copy of the game. Usually provided for free.

Return to “Football”