Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

Post by 93Bulldog »

If Burrow redshirts next season - he will be a freshman when Barrett is a junior. That would give him 2 years to start if he wins the job as a junior.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think you fail to realize that he wants to go to Ohio State or he wouldn't have gave his verbal soon as Meyer offered.

Run n shoot, do you not think he has had these discussions with his dad?

I understand what you are saying but I also believe that he has been given great advice and has thought this through.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

I have been reading this thread for the last few minutes, and I have to agree with most of you. I am a Joe Burrow fan! Even though from Logan, can't see him play enough. I am not trying to put down his talent or anything, but Athens has played a very weak schedule.

I agree with the post that said that he should try to get out of his OSU commitment and play somewhere else where he has a chance to play right away! But, Joe is no more than a prospect right now, only time will tell how he handles the big stage.

Good luck to Joe!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chieftain2009 wrote:I have been reading this thread for the last few minutes, and I have to agree with most of you. I am a Joe Burrow fan! Even though from Logan, can't see him play enough. I am not trying to put down his talent or anything, but Athens has played a very weak schedule.!
Its not all about games, strength of schedule, etc ... etc ... recruiting is done in the summer just as much anymore - and all the camps Burrow was at really caused his stock to rise.

I'm sure Meyer didn't put the Vinton County tape in either, I bet he went right to the Shawnee game or Thurgood or Marion Franklin or any of the six playoff games Burrow played in.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Low blow bulldog!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:Low blow bulldog!
lol ... sorry Dundas ... I should have said 'Warren tape'

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

teach1coach2 wrote:I would really hate for OSU to have a Jameis Winston type (Gibson) with off the field problems.
http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/5 ... d-transfer

Based on his highlights, he is more of a runner than a passer (lots of receivers adjust routes to catch his passes). Definitely a Braxton Miller type on the field.
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... n_qbs.html
That’s why Torrance Gibson is getting recruited as a athlete( he is fast) not a QB.
Your right not sure OSU needs his problems. Suspended from school last year. Suspended half a game so far this year.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high- ... 90305.html

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Again I'm a Burrow fan but now you're talking pro??? Can't see him getting much if anytime at OSU so I'm gonna figure no NFL career. Main thing get an education for free. If he would have went to OU he may have started and been huge for four years and a local, well home town hero.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:Again I'm a Burrow fan but now you're talking pro??? Can't see him getting much if anytime at OSU so I'm gonna figure no NFL career. Main thing get an education for free. If he would have went to OU he may have started and been huge for four years and a local, well home town hero.
I just don't understand why people don't think he is good enough. Who is better? I've been watching high school games for years, Burrow is one of the best I have ever seen. He's 6-foot-4, above average athletic ability, deadly accurate, has a cannon for an arm, can dissect defenses, he's a straight A student, never been in trouble in his life, works hard, did I mention he's been dunking a basketball since he was a freshmen? I'm just confused as to why anyone thinks this kid can not play at Ohio State - or any other big school in the country.

All I hear is 'he should have went to OU, he shouldn't go to Ohio State - he won't play.' ... how about some reasons for a change?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Choose to believe it or not but the young man is not only going on to the next level at some point (sooner rather than later I imagine) will PLAY at the next level.

His body, especially after OSU gets done with him, has the frame to play at the next level.

His smarts will allow him to slow the game down and be effective at the next level after he sees some time on the field.

His willingness to work probably trumps the first two items and he will find a way somehow or another.

Period, end of story. I for one look forward to seeing him attend and excel at TOSU.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Reminds me of a in state QB a few years ago the Bucks passed on. Ben Roethlisberger. How do you miss a guy like this in your backyard? Asleep at the wheel. And, I am not saying Joe is the next Ben, but comparable #s

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Reminds me of a in state QB a few years ago the Bucks passed on. Ben Roethlisberger. How do you miss a guy like this in your backyard? Asleep at the wheel. And, I am not saying Joe is the next Ben, but comparable #s

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I've watched games in the Shoe for over a decade and I've watched Burrow in person. He can play at Ohio State. I can only imagine what he'll be like once he gets through Ohio State's strength and conditioning program and works with their coaches. I'm excited he is coming to play for the Buckeyes. This thread is ridiculous with the second guessing.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

He hasn't fully developed or matured as a young man....You don't put a roof on a house before the foundation is laid and the framing completed...I'm excited for the young man, family, community and our corner of the world...I'm wishing him all the best as he pursues his dream! If it ends up being a nightmare, who cares...Life will go on and he'll have a rock solid education, and that's something many on this site lack!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Life will go on and he'll have a rock solid education, and that's something many on this site lack!
No doubt.

Some people need to realize how smart this kid is. Sorry to inform those who think he should go to OU, but a degree from The Ohio State University is a tad bit more respected. I would not be shocked if 10 years from now we are referring to him as Dr. Burrow. (1) I honestly think he can play for the Bucks. But (2) if he doesn't, so what, the decision will be better for HIM, which is what matters most.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

93Bulldog wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Life will go on and he'll have a rock solid education, and that's something many on this site lack!
No doubt.

Some people need to realize how smart this kid is. Sorry to inform those who think he should go to OU, but a degree from The Ohio State University is a tad bit more respected. I would not be shocked if 10 years from now we are referring to him as Dr. Burrow. (1) I honestly think he can play for the Bucks. But (2) if he doesn't, so what, the decision will be better for HIM, which is what matters most.
guys some people are just plain negative. will do anything to bring people down. they have no clue the time and work some of these kids put in to get where they are and where they are going. im no expert but I have seen a lot of football. a lot of playoff football around the state. ive seen the mauks in person. many buckeye players before they were buckeyes. I have been to college camps all over including this past summer. I see kids in Columbus that train and compete at D1 , next level , and the elite every day in the off season with college coaches watching. Burrow is a stud and can compete for playing time anywhere. PERIOD ! fact is he is a great Qb with a bright future.he is as good as you could ever want at his age. if he lived in Columbus everybody would have offered him. that's not a knock on seo im born and raised there. fact is Columbus just gets recruited automatically. in a week and half at the end of last school year there were 25 different college coaches in my sons school to see kids whom none are at burrows level. he may never play a down at osu . who knows stranger things have happened to more highly touted recruits. to say he doesn't belong is wrong though. good luck young man in the playoffs and at The OSU.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm glad EVERYONE ELSE knows what is best for him lol

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

No matter what college, I was referring to an education and a free one. Been a lot of great quarterback go pro in the MAC, when's the last one to come from Ohio State? Troy Smith who couldn't even play. Again NFL talk is silly. Of course orange and brown knows best for everyone. How's Wellston do this week?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

and to think if his dad and Williams dad hadn't moved here to coach this conversation wouldn't be happening. It would be happening in Texas or else where. Thank goodness Frank brought them here!

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I'm glad EVERYONE ELSE knows what is best for him lol
Exactly Orange and Brown ! whatever he and his family decides is what is best . who are any of us to say he cant ? im sure his dad has a little more insight on what is best than any of us lol. it is where he wants to be . the kid earned his offer now give them hell .

Return to “Football”