Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

questionmark
All Conference

Re: Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

Post by questionmark »

athens78 wrote:and to think if his dad and Williams dad hadn't moved here to coach this conversation wouldn't be happening. It would be happening in Texas or else where. Thank goodness Frank brought them here!
And to think if Rocky Boots wasn't in Nelsonville, or Holzer Hospital in Jackson, or the Golden Corral in Gallipolis....Ohio University is just another Business...these Coaches are Townees and the kids are Bulldogs through and through...they have been here 10 years.

God Forbid someone actually give credit to this Coaching Staff and the rest of the other Bulldogs for having a Solid Program...everyone always has an excuse for Athens success...

Why was Logan so good for so many years? Dale Amyx....
What about that program Athens just beat in Stuebenville...Coach Reno

Ryan Adams and his Staff have done an amazing job building Athens into a Solid Program...

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

athens78 wrote:No matter what college, I was referring to an education and a free one. Been a lot of great quarterback go pro in the MAC, when's the last one to come from Ohio State? Troy Smith who couldn't even play. Again NFL talk is silly. Of course orange and brown knows best for everyone. How's Wellston do this week?

Your the only one that's talking NFL . And your no Burrow fan your hoping he fails so you can say i told you so.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

questionmark wrote:
athens78 wrote:and to think if his dad and Williams dad hadn't moved here to coach this conversation wouldn't be happening. It would be happening in Texas or else where. Thank goodness Frank brought them here!
And to think if Rocky Boots wasn't in Nelsonville, or Holzer Hospital in Jackson, or the Golden Corral in Gallipolis....Ohio University is just another Business...these Coaches are Townees and the kids are Bulldogs through and through...they have been here 10 years.

God Forbid someone actually give credit to this Coaching Staff and the rest of the other Bulldogs for having a Solid Program...everyone always has an excuse for Athens success...

Ryan Adams and his Staff have done an amazing job building Athens into a Solid Program...
Golden Corral. WTF you were on a roll till you used that one.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

"Don't believe Burrow is truly committed to Oho State regardless of who else comes in? He politely declined when Alabama called a few weeks ago."
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... b_sec.html

I would think a d1 coaches kid would know he has a very high chance of starting before committing

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

questionmark wrote:

I do wish these young men the very best!!!
However, one solid class does not make a solid program.........
let's see what is left after all these seniors are gone.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

There will be a drop off after this year but winning does breed winning and Athens will remain competive. Atleast until the next group of 93's come through. haha just kidding

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

After this group of seniors graduate, Athens will go back to being mediocre again until OU has another turnover in the coaching staff. That's the way it's always been. Regardless, they will still have more than enough most years to dominate the TVC schools. Much respect to Burrow though. He is by far the best QB southeastern Ohio has ever seen.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The Burrow family has been a part of the Athens community for 10 years, they are a part of the community and have stayed by choice. They are no different than someone getting a job at Proctor and Gamble and moving to Cincinnati.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Prince of Darkness wrote:After this group of seniors graduate, Athens will go back to being mediocre again until OU has another turnover in the coaching staff. That's the way it's always been. Regardless, they will still have more than enough most years to dominate the TVC schools. Much respect to Burrow though. He is by far the best QB southeastern Ohio has ever seen.

They have been hear for 10 years!
Other than Gregory and Bubba Lichtenburg (sp) way before that, who else can you name?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BIGHITSINC wrote:I do wish these young men the very best!!!
However, one solid class does not make a solid program.
Athens football

2009 ... (9-1)
2010 ... (5-5)
2011 ... (10-0)
2012 ... (9-1)
2013 ... (10-0)
2014 ... (6-0)

Is 49-7 over a six year span not worthy of being considered a solid program?

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I'd say most area teams would consider it a very solid program....Some people can't be pleased, so.............

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

RAIDER6309 wrote:"Don't believe Burrow is truly committed to Oho State regardless of who else comes in? He politely declined when Alabama called a few weeks ago."
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... b_sec.html

I would think a d1 coaches kid would know he has a very high chance of starting before committing
Nick Saban, who has only won a couple of national championships, obviously doesn't know what he is doing according to some on this board. :lol:

Just goes to show that Burrow is a fantastic college prospect, and we feel fortunate he will be in scarlet-and-gray for the next five seasons (assuming a redshirt season).

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

fortunately for us we get move in's. Burrow, Grant, Williams and I pretty sure there are a few kids on the football team from the Alexander district. How about the young lady and future OU Bobcat on the girls basketball team. Lives in Alex district. So we have been blessed with kids wanting to move in and not only help the sports teams but also get a great education which Athens offers.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Guy's just remember recruiting is not an exact indicator of the future! Anything can and will happen from being a superstar to a bust! Just enjoy the trip!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:fortunately for us we get move in's. Burrow, Grant, Williams and I pretty sure there are a few kids on the football team from the Alexander district.
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You named three players over a 13-year period. And I have no idea of these Alexander players you speak of. The only player that switched between those schools, that I am aware of, is Lucas Thompson who is a Plains kid playing for the Spartans.

3 players over 13 years - and one of those kids (Burrow) has been playing with his fellow seniors since the 3rd grade.

Nelsonville-York had 3 transfers in its own backfield just a few years ago (Johnny Young, D.J. Young & Clint Handa), and a big lineman from Athens blocking for them (Jacob Coon).

3 players over 13 years - that is plain laughable.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

It will be interesting to see how Athens does the next couple of years with out Burrows.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ultron wrote:It will be interesting to see how Athens does the next couple of years with out Burrows.
They obviously will take a hit losing 22 seniors, but what team doesn't have a drop off after a class like this?

Athens will still have some good football players next year on the field, though.

You may see a few lean years after 2015, but there are some good classes coming up, especially when this 6th and 7th grade group/teams mesh together.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

I know Athen's 8th grade team has three studs at the moment. number 44, 40 and 76. All three are some ball players.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I remember when everyone on here was talking the same about Cozart from Eastern. Big time D1 can play anywhere. He goes to Parkersburg and OVU for one year than done. Your right it can be superstar to bust just that quick. Same with the Grandy girl DI will be big time in college and one year at Shawnee State then done. High school superstar to bust. This is the normal for this area. Even Grant who was pretty dang good goes to Indiana, nothing, transfers florida still nothing than got that extra year at where Kansas State? Still no real results although he did see the field some. 6 years. Honestly I think Williams could very well end up having the better college career of both.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

93Bulldog wrote:
athens78 wrote:fortunately for us we get move in's. Burrow, Grant, Williams and I pretty sure there are a few kids on the football team from the Alexander district.
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You named three players over a 13-year period. And I have no idea of these Alexander players you speak of. The only player that switched between those schools, that I am aware of, is Lucas Thompson who is a Plains kid playing for the Spartans.

3 players over 13 years - and one of those kids (Burrow) has been playing with his fellow seniors since the 3rd grade.

Nelsonville-York had 3 transfers in its own backfield just a few years ago (Johnny Young, D.J. Young & Clint Handa), and a big lineman from Athens blocking for them (Jacob Coon).

3 players over 13 years - that is plain laughable.
Not to mention that every time a coach moves in with his family another coach and his family move out.

Return to “Football”