WEEK 5 (2-2) Waverly @ (2-2) Coal Grove

jinks
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 5 (2-2) Waverly @ (2-2) Coal Grove

Post by jinks »

Only prob I have with him is that he left in the first place.(But can't say I blamed him at the time) From what I have seen, he is a good kid off the field and a great player on the field. Good luck.

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

Agree with lostcause 100%. Can we please have goals higher than winning the highly coveted ovc. Dave its time to leave with some respect left.and dont tell me jay is gonna be the next head coach. 2011 since we beat a team out of conference with a winning record. Cmon man

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Will number 54 be able to play tonight or does he have to miss another game due to being kicked out last week. Personally, I think special considerations need to be made with him if he is suppose to miss another game. That game last week was so poorly officiated I don't see how more fights didn't start, and besides, if what I hear was true then I don't blame him for going back at that Raceland player, how many on here would not fight back after being hit in the boys a bunch of times.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Hornet785 wrote:Agree with lostcause 100%. Can we please have goals higher than winning the highly coveted ovc. Dave its time to leave with some respect left.and dont tell me jay is gonna be the next head coach. 2011 since we beat a team out of conference with a winning record. Cmon man
Have to agree and disagree with you at the same time.

Playoffs should be a goal, but if winning your conference isn't important then why have conferences, why not have districts like Kentucky.

As for Jay as head coach, word on the street is that WON'T happen, whether or not that is true is yet to be seen.

All I know is we need to worry about this week and get back on the winning side and let the chips fall where they fall. If our team and coaches take to heart what is said about them then we should see a completely different team this week, if they don't then prepare for another loss.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

2trap_4ever wrote:Will number 54 be able to play tonight or does he have to miss another game due to being kicked out last week. Personally, I think special considerations need to be made with him if he is suppose to miss another game. That game last week was so poorly officiated I don't see how more fights didn't start, and besides, if what I hear was true then I don't blame him for going back at that Raceland player, how many on here would not fight back after being hit in the boys a bunch of times.
I remember last year when the game was played at Coal Grove. In the last 20some seconds the Beach boy being thrown out for Raceland. (After a severly late hit..) He had to sit out his senoir homecoming. Didn't watch the game, I couldn't get it on IHigh. But I know anyone can go back and watch last year's game.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

2trap_4ever wrote:Will number 54 be able to play tonight or does he have to miss another game due to being kicked out last week. Personally, I think special considerations need to be made with him if he is suppose to miss another game. That game last week was so poorly officiated I don't see how more fights didn't start, and besides, if what I hear was true then I don't blame him for going back at that Raceland player, how many on here would not fight back after being hit in the boys a bunch of times.
In football you sit out the game your are tossed from and the next one. Basketball/baseball you sit out the next two.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

updates?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Half: Coal Grove up 8-7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly up 13-8, hopefully going for 2 don't bite em. Defense has to step and then go up two scores.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Coal Grove 22 Waverly 19.
Congratulations Coach Lucas, staff and players on the Homecoming win!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Hard to beat Grove at Grove. 2nd week Waverly has barely gotten beat. Ouch.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I went to this game instead of Ironton. The Grove played a good game.

Return to “Football”