WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

doubleplay643
S

WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

Post by doubleplay643 »

Game of the week in my opinion.

How will the Ironmen compete in this game against the Burg after being handled by them during the last two years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this should be a titanic tilt between these 2. personally I hope Jackson wins, and we beat Jackson later. but 1 game at a time. this should be the premiere game in the whole area this week pitting 2 undefeated teams coming off blowout wins. too close to call here.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ironton was and is the best team on burgs schedule.. I know Jackson is a good team but IMO they are not as good as Ironton. Jackson has a strong running game, or at least they did again ready! I don't think Jackson has the personel to match up against burg. No taking anything away from the ironmen because they will win their share of games this season.I just think burg is too strong and balanced this year! Burg 42-14!

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I went up to Jacksons game last night, thinking the Burg game was in hand without my presents, I want to tell you Jackson is the real deal as far as I'm concerned. The game with Ready was a total surprise. Jackson made Ready look like a jr high football team. Ready was ranked 3 in the state and Jackson ran over them, through them, and around them. Jackson is the most complete team I've seen in a while. I know the Burg will show up and I hope they prevail but in my opinion it will take a over achieving effort to pull this off. I'm a Burg fan but I wouldn't bet a dime on a Burg win. Hope I'm wrong. The Hall boys will be ready after the last two years.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Ironton was and is the best team on burgs schedule.. I know Jackson is a good team but IMO they are not as good as Ironton. Jackson has a strong running game, or at least they did again ready! I don't think Jackson has the personel to match up against burg. No taking anything away from the ironmen because they will win their share of games this season.I just think burg is too strong and balanced this year! Burg 42-14!
Jackson is FAR better than youre giving them credit for. I am rooting for an SOC win, but this is going to be a seriously tough game. Burg @ home will be enough to get the job done I think.

Pirates 24
Ironmen 21

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Burg is too good. I'm sure Jackson is better than last year but West Jeff and Bishop Ready aren't nearly as good as last year. I look for Burg to yet again look and prove to be unstoppable. I'd guess we'll see the running clock again in the 2nd half.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

West Jeff lost by 31 points AT HOME last night to Madison Plains, who is very mediocre, at best. Ready's wins were over Whitehall (mediocre, at best), Columbus Academy (down quite a bit from the past) and London (terrible). Ready was third in the state because people knew they were very good last year and were 3-0 this season. Many of those voters didn't know that Ready lost a crap load of players off that team from last year. This is why the AP poll is complete garbage.

Both West Jeff and Ready are traditionally strong programs, and Jackson deserves credit for scheduling them. Jackson can't control if they are both down from where they've been in past years, just like Athens, for example, can't control Zanesville being down from past years.

Jackson is a good team, there is no doubt. The question is how good? We'll find out something about both Jackson and Burg next week. An argument could be made for Burg being the second best team in SE Ohio, behind Athens.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Jackson is FAR better than youre giving them credit for. I am rooting for an SOC win, but this is going to be a seriously tough game. Burg @ home will be enough to get the job done I think.

Pirates 24
Ironmen 21[/quote]

I guess we will see.. I'm just saying Jackson beat a 4 teams that are mediocre.... But has beat 1 good team and still hasn't been tested. IMO burg is a very close second to Athens. If burg doesn't beat Jackson by a minimum of 2 TDs then burg won't make it very far in the playoffs. Burg is on a whole other level than most teams around this year and I don't think they will be tested until the playoffs. Not saying that the valley or west game won't be good games because they are rival games, but burg will win those soundly as well.
Last edited by BurgGrad6 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

bman wrote:West Jeff lost by 31 points AT HOME last night to Madison Plains, who is very mediocre, at best. Ready's wins were over Whitehall (mediocre, at best), Columbus Academy (down quite a bit from the past) and London (terrible). Ready was third in the state because people knew they were very good last year and were 3-0 this season. Many of those voters didn't know that Ready lost a crap load of players off that team from last year. This is why the AP poll is complete garbage.

Both West Jeff and Ready are traditionally strong programs, and Jackson deserves credit for scheduling them. Jackson can't control if they are both down from where they've been in past years, just like Athens, for example, can't control Zanesville being down from past years.

Jackson is a good team, there is no doubt. The question is how good? We'll find out something about both Jackson and Burg next week. An argument could be made for Burg being the second best team in SE Ohio, behind Athens.
Totally agree!!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I guess this wont be too close then.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Like I said earlier I'm a Burg fan , but your selling Jackson short. The Burg hasn't played any world beaters either. Don't get hung up on being a fan and over look the facts.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

burg is a beatable team - watch the films closely

game should be moved to saturday LOL alot people would like to see this 1 !!!

unfortunately jackson will come up just a tad short in this 1!
BURG 21-14

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This should be a slobberknocker!
22-21 Ironmen

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Other than Ironton, Wheelersburg hasn't beaten anyone either. I wouldn't count Jackson out one bit, especially with the motivation they're going to have coming in after the last 2 blowouts. Pulling for an SOCII/Burg win but I can't help feeling this one will be a little closer then the "experts" think! ;-)

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Game of the week for sure. No other highly contested battles this week. I would go with Jackson but it should be a close one and it is at Burg, so that changes everything. Burg.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best game in the area on the schedule for next week. Burg fans without reserved seats better get there early. Jackson fans, not a lot of seats on the visitors side, you'd better arrive early as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

cg-ironton fan wrote:burg is a beatable team - watch the films closely

BURG 21-14
If you watch the film closely you will see a burg team out score their opponent 192-42

I'm not sure all of us have film studies.

Burg will have to beat Jackson through the air. Hard to run against the ironmen. If burg can stop Jackson run game, burg should win. 28-14

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

wobycat wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:burg is a beatable team - watch the films closely

BURG 21-14
If you watch the film closely you will see a burg team out score their opponent 192-42

I'm not sure all of us have film studies.

Burg will have to beat Jackson through the air. Hard to run against the ironmen. If burg can stop Jackson run game, burg should win. 28-14
Best burg oline in a few years. I would bet Jackson will be in trouble in the trenches. Burg will get the yards on the ground and get scary yards thru the air. Won't happen in the 1st qtr but will happen. And no one has been talking about the speed of burgs D and it's good. Not invincible but really good. I think burg pulls away after half. Coaches are making Ironton like adjustments after the half.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Jackson a division 3 school and Wheelersburg a division 5 school, Jackson should win this game correct?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

then what wrote:Jackson a division 3 school and Wheelersburg a division 5 school, Jackson should win this game correct?

Yes, also why Vinton County always beats Nelsonville

Return to “Football”