WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

callie11
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

Post by callie11 »

don't have a dog in the fight but Jackson will beat Ironton fairly easily , I'm betting.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg Oline is very good. They will open up some holes and RBs will get some tough yards. That will open up the passing game. Which has been very good for Burg.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Burg line may be bigger, Jackson's is faster. Speed trumps size every time.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Thats funny we heard that in 2011 also we seen how that turned out....... :mrgreen:
u must have watched a different game in 2012 and 2013 than the one i watched b/c the 2011 game was the only one that valley earned. they were the better team in that one but the 2012 and 2013 game the refs helped out and everyone that was at the game knows it

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Thats funny we heard that in 2011 also we seen how that turned out....... :mrgreen:
u must have watched a different game in 2012 and 2013 than the one i watched b/c the 2011 game was the only one that valley earned. they were the better team in that one but the 2012 and 2013 game the refs helped out and everyone that was at the game knows it

very TRUE!

As for the jackson game....Burg will win and like somebody said before, it will be close in the first half i'm thinking and in the second half Burg pulls away wearing the ironmen down! 35-21 BURG
:aaaaa46

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
I was at the game and I didn't know it. '13 I was under the impression burg fumbled in the redzone. I don't remember seeing the refs knock the ball out on that fumble. ''12 I remember a valley field goal and I don't think the refs kicked that one either. Either way, good luck pirates against Ironmen. Represent the SOC and show Jackson how we play down here.

Burg 31
Jackson 21

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Redcard wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
I was at the game and I didn't know it. '13 I was under the impression burg fumbled in the redzone. I don't remember seeing the refs knock the ball out on that fumble. ''12 I remember a valley field goal and I don't think the refs kicked that one either. Either way, good luck pirates against Ironmen. Represent the SOC and show Jackson how we play down here.

Burg 31
Jackson 21
I remember a play late in the game at valley when the refs made a bad call and we ended up missing a potential game winning fg. Either way this conversation shouldn't even be happening b/c it's not the valley game

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ok serious question...? I have read post about Jackson getting better each week and that being an advantage for them.. Do people not think burg as gotten better each week? I know wheelersburg started out on fire, but they are Aldo getting better each week. How is that an advantage for Jackson? Example.. If 2 guys have a race and they are the same speed but one starts out 20 meters ahead of the other then he don't have a chance. Also even if they race 100 times and they both get faster its not going to change the outcome. Point being mad is burg started out better then Jackson and they are both getting better, how is this an advantage for the ironmen? I just don't understand the logic..

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
The 2012 and 2013 games were won by Valley's defense and they don't have that kind of defense this year, but we will save that conversation for a few more weeks.

As far as this game, I think Redcard is pretty close. I see this as a close game, with Burg pulling away late for a 35-21 win.

GO PIRATES!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Its not just Jackson posters saying this about their team I just used them as an example because they are playing burg this week!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Its not just Jackson posters saying this about their team I just used them as an example because they are playing burg this week!
not sure you have a case for burg getting better by the week when 2 of their opponents are a combined (1-7) could have very easily been (0-8)!

if you man handle jackson and valley then you may have a case LOL

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Its not just Jackson posters saying this about their team I just used them as an example because they are playing burg this week!
not sure you have a case for burg getting better by the week when 2 of their opponents are a combined (1-7) could have very easily been (0-8)!

if you man handle jackson and valley then you may have a case LOL
Still what your saying carries no weight!! Just because the teams that burg beat suck doesn't mean that burg isn't getting better each week. Your argument is empty..

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

If there is one thing I am that is objective about information. Yes, I may root like heck for my team and pick them to win or compete even though the odds are long and chances are they may not be victorious but I am not one to be on the bandwagon only when the going is good. I think most posters on here are the same, they love their team and some lol are more objective than others lol but it is all good. Nothing wrong with being passionate.

Facts are this: 2012 score was 40-14; 2013 score was 49-14; and calpreps for 2014 on a neutral field has Wheelersburg at 28-20. Add this game is at Burg and one can argue to add a TD and make it 35-20. That is about what a lot of folks have predicted so there could be some merit there.

But we all know there is a reason we play the game and that is because on any given night...well...you just never know.

I will always root for the Ironmen and will always believe they can win, that is not going to change lol. Fact is this is an uphill battle and history would indicate this is an uphill battle and we are the underdogs. So be it then we are the underdogs, I like how we are playing right now and don't think there is any reason why we cannot compete throughout the game. I came and watched the Ironton-Burg game (Jackson played Saturday the first week) and Ironton competed well for a half then wore out. We will see if Jackson can withstand the pace and offensive capabilities of the Pirates and match them when we get the opportunity.

Go Red!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think it should be mentioned that this group of Pirates have done a fantastic job to start the season 4-0. I think before the season started, most people knew the defense would be solid and that the O-line would be solid, but there were a lot of question marks otherwise. It is a slightly different look this year, but the offensive unit has made a tremendous transition after losing several skill players who hold many school records at Wheelersburg.

kerns_69
Waterboy

Post by kerns_69 »

Gooooo Burg! I love Burg! They are the greatest! No one can compete or compare! I love reminiscing about the past 40+ years of wonderful traditions and memories!! We are champions of everything! Including excuses as to why and how we lost...the end

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

You are an idiot!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Atomicindian you could never live up to the standards of a true valley fan. They have more class and ba**s then to make a fake profile. Do yourself a favor and never comment again because you are an idiot!

kerns_69
Waterboy

Post by kerns_69 »

You are correct, a true Valley fan would never create false profiles or state anything that they wouldn't be 100% behind. BurgGrad_06, at least my statements either on here, which are very few, and in reality correlate with each other. You on the other hand, jab snide comments about Valley's ability, including their success the past few years...and then either in another topic, or in this case, a few statements later talk about how classy and b#**@y they are?!!?! Talk about contradicting. Good luck to both teams this week that are on this topic, and stay injury-free!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can a moderator please change the thread title to, "Valley, Valley, Valley"

Thanks!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

AtomicIndian wrote:You are correct, a true Valley fan would never create false profiles or state anything that they wouldn't be 100% behind. BurgGrad_06, at least my statements either on here, which are very few, and in reality correlate with each other. You on the other hand, jab snide comments about Valley's ability, including their success the past few years...and then either in another topic, or in this case, a few statements later talk about how classy and b#**@y they are?!!?! Talk about contradicting. Good luck to both teams this week that are on this topic, and stay injury-free!!!
O just because I don't let a few turds ruin my opinion about the majority of valley fans I'm contradicting myself? Look its obvious you are uneducated so I'm going to let it go. Lol back on topic!! Is it Friday yet???

Return to “Football”