WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BUT BAIT SAYS THE BURG WINS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'D LIKE TO SEE THE IRONMEN WIN, THEN IRONTON BEAT JACKSON LATER.

schmittie32
Riding the Bench

Post by schmittie32 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
schmittie32 wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Jackson is FAR better than youre giving them credit for. I am rooting for an SOC win, but this is going to be a seriously tough game. Burg @ home will be enough to get the job done I think.

Pirates 24
Ironmen 21
I guess we will see.. I'm just saying Jackson beat a 4 teams that are mediocre.... But has beat 1 good team and still hasn't been tested. IMO burg is a very close second to Athens. If burg doesn't beat Jackson by a minimum of 2 TDs then burg won't make it very far in the playoffs. Burg is on a whole other level than most teams around this year and I don't think they will be tested until the playoffs. Not saying that the valley or west game won't be good games because they are rival games, but burg will win those soundly as well.
I watched burg vs ironton and ironton went up and down the field on burg but mistakes in red zone (penalties, turnovers) cost them so I think Jackson will be able to run on burg at will...also ironton was extremely undisciplined I defense and imploded in 3rd quarter...it'll come down to red zone execution and being disciplined on defense(burg runs spread with a lot of misdirection plays) for Jackson and burgs ability to stop the run and force Jackson into obvious passing situations...Burg 31-21
IMO..... Burg was to well conditioned for Ironton to play 4 quarters with. And Burg swarmed to the ball all night. Palladino who has rushed for 649 yds on the year only obtained 50 of those against The Pirates. To say Jackson will be able to "run at will" is a stretch. I look for Burg to make many methodical drives in the first half to wear down the Jackson D to prepare for the cannon show in the second half. Not taking anything away from Jackson, They will score their share. But in the end it's all DA' BURG

BURG 42
Jackson 20[/quote]

Are you saying ironton didn't run at will on burg? They had 16 points at half even with 2 red zone trips where they got 0 points...Burg started punishing ironton for their lack of discipline in the second half with big plays and ran away from ironton but ironton moved at will on burg thru 2.5 quarters...That's why I said it's going to be important for Jackson to execute in the red zone (no penalties and turnovers)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^^^
That's exactly what he's saying two of irontons scoring drives kept going because of the scrambling of QB on busted run and the scrambling of QB to find Palladino on a outlet pass. Ironton also benefitted on short fields. It's obvious to most that while the score was close, ironton struggled to run against burg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't think anyone has done anything at will against THE BURG. They have made second half adjustments and the kids stepped up to the plate in every game thus far. To say something was done at will would mean that they controlled the game and could do anything they wanted at anytime. I may have not watched the same game you did. What was the score? 42-16? Sounds to me like they did everything at will. Or maybe it was W'burg who played their game for 4 quarters not (2.5) and I-town couldn't keep up. Friday night they will do the same thing. They will stick to the game plan and make necessary adjustments as needed. But Burg will force Jackson to throw the ball and in doing so are going to turn this game lop-sided quickly.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

42-20 Burg

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

jackson posters dont let these burg fans scare you they DID NOT man handle the tigers , they scored with just 21 seconds left on the clock in 1st half or this would been different ball game (1st 2 drives in second half was also the knockout punch for the tigers). the stats was really close to same with exception of passing 193 to 49 in burg favor.

good luck to both teams , stay injury free and i am still going with burg to squeak by in this 1 ( 21-14)

ps-i promise you the burg was worried as to the what the outcome of burg/tiger game was gonna be at halftime!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Trojan_Pride on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

cg-ironton fan wrote:jackson posters dont let these burg fans scare you they DID NOT man handle the tigers , they scored with just 21 seconds left on the clock in 1st half or this would been different ball game (1st 2 drives in second half was also the knockout punch for the tigers). the stats was really close to same with exception of passing 193 to 49 in burg favor.

good luck to both teams , stay injury free and i am still going with burg to squeak by in this 1 ( 21-14)

ps-i promise you the burg was worried as to the what the outcome of this game was gonna be at halftime!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe at the half but not long after that, burg dominated the second half. Ironton benefited greatly in the first half by getting ball at midfield ever possession.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:jackson posters dont let these burg fans scare you they DID NOT man handle the tigers , they scored with just 21 seconds left on the clock in 1st half or this would been different ball game (1st 2 drives in second half was also the knockout punch for the tigers). the stats was really close to same with exception of passing 193 to 49 in burg favor.

ps-i promise you the burg was worried as to the what the outcome of this game was gonna be at halftime!!!!!!!!!!
So it is luck that Burg scored late in the first half? Then 2 quick daggers? If not for those 3 scores Ironton would've won? I don't think we watched the same game. Burg SHUT DOWN Irontons running game in the second half and that was no luck. Hat's off to those kids. They played tough and found a way. If if's and but's were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas.

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

Burg 391 total yards vs Ironton 233 yards i guess is close stats....lol... The fact is Burg had 203 yards rushing on 36 carries .. Ironton 191 yards on 46 carries.. Passing Burg 191 yards on 6 for 9.. Ironton 42 yards .. 3 for 10 with 1 interception.. Worried at halftime..lol What makes the Burg a more complete team is that they are not 1 dimensional , they can pass and/ or run... Their defense is one of the best i have seen in awhile.. Big and fast and they swarm to the ball... I believe Burg beat a good Ironton team ..

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The burg was not worried at the half. Burg was in control the whole time against Ironton.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:The burg was not worried at the half. Burg was in control the whole time against Ironton.
:122246 That's news to some.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ps-i promise you the burg was worried as to the what the outcome of burg/tiger game was gonna be at halftime!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me , Jackson isn't gonna be intimidated by Wheelersburg. Some of these post are very comical and some just plain silly. Friday night is a super matchup between two non conference, proud football schools. Some serious playoff points at stake. The burg has dominated the Ironmen the last two meetings, however if these teams would've played the last 20 years it would be a 10-10 split . As far as Friday , the burg is an awesome venue and very hard to escape with a W. Jackson must play mistake free to have a prayer. When I think of jackson and the burg, I think of 2 traditionally strong football schools with a great fan base , good community support who take pride in their kids. The fans will be loud but classy. Jackson will play their guts out and after the game win lose or draw , Ironmen Nation will be proud if them. I will go out on a limb and predict that the Jackson band remains undefeated this season ! They are the pride of jackson. I hope southern Ohio is treated to a good, clean, hard hitting game. Yes this serious needs to be continued.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Viking96 wrote:

Trust me , Jackson isn't gonna be intimidated by Wheelersburg. Some of these post are very comical and some just plain silly. Friday night is a super matchup between two non conference, proud football schools. Some serious playoff points at stake. The burg has dominated the Ironmen the last two meetings, however if these teams would've played the last 20 years it would be a 10-10 split . As far as Friday , the burg is an awesome venue and very hard to escape with a W. Jackson must play mistake free to have a prayer. When I think of jackson and the burg, I think of 2 traditionally strong football schools with a great fan base , good community support who take pride in their kids. The fans will be loud but classy. Jackson will play their guts out and after the game win lose or draw , Ironmen Nation will be proud if them. I will go out on a limb and predict that the Jackson band remains undefeated this season ! They are the pride of jackson. I hope southern Ohio is treated to a good, clean, hard hitting game. Yes this serious needs to be continued.
Thanks viking. I honestly think people are gonna see how good DA' BURG really is.We can "blow smoke" on here (tho most of it is true) but when it comes down to it, this is a clash of two undefeated and storied programs with a rich history. I will be there watching. I wouldn't miss this for the world.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would like to here more recaps of the Burg/Ironton game.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

http://m.jacksoncountydaily.com/sports/ ... l?mode=jqm

Good article!! Good luck pirates!!!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

BurgGrad06.....Thank you for the kind words on the preview article.

This should be a dandy and is the top game in the Southeast District by far this weekend.

I look forward to covering my first football game at Wheelersburg tonight.

Covered Oak Hill boys basketball game there the year they won the state.

Good luck to both teams and an injury-free game.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

A lot od interest in this game, will be a battle and in the end it will be?????????????????

Ironboy's 35

the burg 28

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Heart says Jackson.... brain says wheelersburg................

Return to “Football”