WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

then what
Varsity

Re: WEEK 5: JACKSON (4-0) at WHEELERSBURG (4-0)

Post by then what »

Oakie_Dokie wrote:
then what wrote:Divisions do matter thats why they have them. It would be equal to Jackson playing a strong division 1 program. They would get spanked! It would be expected that they lose! Another issue act like you have been there gatorade bath for Andy and Larry hall, you would have thought they won the state championship how embarrassing. You only beat a division 5 school. I predict if they get in the playoffs and play schools there own size they lose early like they have every other year. And thats if they are lucky enough to make the playoffs because of their schedule of playing smaller schools!

You are a complete moron! Wheelersburg is a great team and it's a huge accomplishment to beat them especially the way the Ironmen did! You are just a sore and pissed off loser Burg fan that's been crying every since the half last night. Lmao

I know the truth hurts. Good luck the rest of the year.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Ironman92 wrote:
PirateFan2 wrote:Come on people, jackson beat waverly 23-0....WOW!!!! Da Burg will probably beat waverly 40s or 50s to maybe a score or two. jackson is an ok team but just not good enough to beat the Pirates this year either! Im hoping for a good game but come second half, the ironmen will get down on their selves and Da Burg will pull away with a nice size win! now i'm thinking the score will be something like 35-14 PIRATES

Good Post. Spot on!

BTW Jackson 27
Wheelersburg 0

Complete and utter domination.
That sure was! GREAT JOB Jackson! Da Burg didn't seem to even show up last night except for that nice drive down the field at the start of the first half but only to get stopped in the red zone. I will say it......Jackson IS the real deal this year and showed Burg what a play off just might look like in the near future! Burg better do some adjustments, win the next 5 games and if they are going to go very far in the play-offs they better learn a thing or two from the Ironmen! Great job Jackson, hope you go far in the play-offs!

ps. im eating crow for breakfast .... lol :oops:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I gotta say I'm shocked by this score. and predicted a burg win. i'll take my crow with some k.c. masterpiece.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Jackson sounds like the real deal on offense and defense. How is their pass defense?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sounds like this should quiet down the " this year's team is better than last" talk around the Burg or no ? I cant see the Millers and Claxon getting shut out at home to Jackson.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

then what wrote:Divisions do matter thats why they have them. It would be equal to Jackson playing a strong division 1 program. They would get spanked! It would be expected that they lose! Another issue act like you have been there gatorade bath for Andy and Larry hall, you would have thought they won the state championship how embarrassing. You only beat a division 5 school. I predict if they get in the playoffs and play schools there own size they lose early like they have every other year. And thats if they are lucky enough to make the playoffs because of their schedule of playing smaller schools!
I love it when posters play the size card.....LOL... Did wheelersburg just figure out that Jackson was a bigger school... Hats off to Wheelersburg for playing Jackson, but don't complain when you get beat.....

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Great win Jackson! against an overrated Burg team...If you listened to some of these Burg homers you would have thought Jackson was up against the Seattle Seahawks! lol.....Like I said in an earlier post before this game The Burg had the Big Head partly due from reading these very post from their followers.. I call it Burgitis an incurable disease that only inflicts the Wheerlersburg area...lol.. I think Jackson may have put Burgitis in remission for a week or 2 then it will show its ugly head again......Way to knock the swagger out of Burg Jackson....... :lol:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Bottom line, plain and simple is Burg was outplayed last night against a better Jackson team. Salute to Coach Hall and staff for an outstanding game plan. Jackson dominated the LOS and controlled the clock. Burg had several chances to score but the strong defense of the Ironmen held true on two, fourth down plays that I remember. Burg dropped a sure TD in the first half and could not get in earlyin the 4th quarter. Nice crowd and atmosphere last night. Congrats to Jackson on the win.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

All of you making light of the scores and predictions posted all week need to remember that most of those are made by high school kids who don't have a clue. True fans knew this would be a tough game for the Pirates. When I first saw the schedule I said this would be the toughest game all year. Jackson is the real deal and I see them losing only one game this season and that would be to Athens unless they can control the line like they did last night and keep the ball out of Athens hands.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I said it before the burg/ironton game(42-16) was not a true representation of that game so misleading from all these burget posters on this site

burg is only a good team with great coaches that got whipped in this game !!

i will go out on limb and predict now that the jackson/ironton game outcome wont be this bad 27-0 LOL

jackson may beat the tigers or they may not but i know 1 thing for sure the TIGERS will score!!! (and i am talking 1st string)

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

cg-ironton fan wrote:I said it before the burg/ironton game(42-16) was not a true representation of that game so misleading from all these burget posters on this site

burg is only a good team with great coaches that got whipped in this game !!

i will go out on limb and predict now that the jackson/ironton game outcome wont be this bad 27-0 LOL

jackson may beat the tigers or they may not but i know 1 thing for sure the TIGERS will score!!! (and i am talking 1st string)
Well a different Ironton team better show up than the one I seen at burg if not it will be even a higher shut-out than this one

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:All of you making light of the scores and predictions posted all week need to remember that most of those are made by high school kids who don't have a clue. True fans knew this would be a tough game for the Pirates. When I first saw the schedule I said this would be the toughest game all year. Jackson is the real deal and I see them losing only one game this season and that would be to Athens unless they can control the line like they did last night and keep the ball out of Athens hands.
Jackson doesn't play Athens this year.... They could meet in the tournament, are you predicting a Jackson-Athens regional final?....LOL...

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

moonshine wrote:Is Jackson the real deal, we will find out in the next few weeks!
Didn't someone say that same thing when Jackson had West Jeff, Bishop ReAdy, and Wheelersburg games coming up? :122245

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

superblue wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:All of you making light of the scores and predictions posted all week need to remember that most of those are made by high school kids who don't have a clue. True fans knew this would be a tough game for the Pirates. When I first saw the schedule I said this would be the toughest game all year. Jackson is the real deal and I see them losing only one game this season and that would be to Athens unless they can control the line like they did last night and keep the ball out of Athens hands.
Jackson doesn't play Athens this year.... They could meet in the tournament, are you predicting a Jackson-Athens regional final?....LOL...

My bad. I was looking at last years schedule. After seeing who they finish with I can see them going 10-0. Ironton will be a tough game.

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

Oakie_Dokie wrote:

You are a complete moron! Wheelersburg is a great team and it's a huge accomplishment to beat them especially the way the Ironmen did! You are just a sore and pissed off loser Burg fan that's been crying every since the half last night. Lmao

I agree it is a HUGE Accomplishment to beat the Burg .... Period.. That is why everyteam celebrates win the do, like it was a playoff game.. Win Burg wins , they shake hands, sing the school fight song in front of the fans and gets ready for the next game..Tradition ...

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

Hey da burg got their butts kicked.... In every phase of the game deal with it.

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

congrats to Jackson on the win, good luck the rest of the season.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Great Jackson Ironmen win. Domination. Freshmen win, Junior Varsity win, and Varsity win.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Has anyone heard if Burg accepted the series renewal?

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

I have read repeatedly over the years about this mythilogical perception that a school's division negates the quality of a win.

For you statistical buffs:

Wheelersburg = Division V 170 boys
Jackson = Division III 306 boys

Wheelersburg School District = 16 square miles
Jackson City School District = 180 square miles

Wheelersburg School District = 10.6 boys per square mile
Jackson City School District = 1.7 boys per square mile

Considering boys who live close enough to the schools to actually have the opportunity to play sports, Wheelersburg is much bigger than Jackson. Thus Wheelersburg had 60 kids dressed while Jackson had only 47.

Numbers don't lie.

Return to “Football”