Week 5: Fairland (0-4) @ Lucasville Valley (4-0)

coop
SEOPS

Week 5: Fairland (0-4) @ Lucasville Valley (4-0)

Post by coop »

The dragons are coming off a tough loss to the Wheelersburg Pirates, and it doesnt get any easier this week as they head to Lucasville to take on the Indians.

Valley is coming off a nice win over a much bigger school in a hard fough game, and it appears the 2 lineman who have been missing are back in the lineup.

Nothing against the Dragons, but I feel this one will be over early, and a lot of young kids will get playing time and get the starters some rest.

Valley 40
Fairland 8

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 5: Fairland (0-4) @ Lucasville Valley (4-0)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Valley will dominate this game! Stay injury free fellas!

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Honestly, if Valley puts in their JV, it will even the playing field since most of the players on defense are freshmen and sophomores. With no real time table on the return of some key starters on both sides of the ball, it's just another long night in a long season for Fairland.

Valley - 42
Fairland - 14

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Who is out for Fairland and how long they out for?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

valley by a ton/

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

dragonsfan24 wrote:Honestly, if Valley puts in their JV, it will even the playing field since most of the players on defense are freshmen and sophomores. With no real time table on the return of some key starters on both sides of the ball, it's just another long night in a long season for Fairland.

Valley - 42
Fairland - 14

very frustrating for the players that are injured also. Not being able to play after working their butts off all summer. All the playing time the younger ones are getting will only help the team later on though.

Valley just got back 2 linemen that need to get into playing shape quickly and stay healthy as well

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Knowing how weak fairland is, some fans may come watch the burg Jackson game. Valley will have jv in quick. 49-7

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

wobycat wrote:Knowing how weak fairland is, some fans may come watch the burg Jackson game. Valley will have jv in quick. 49-7
The burg jackson game should be played on Saturday night so we all could go see it

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I would expect Valley getting a comfortable lead and start substituting often.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I would think that valley will run the score up high on fairland, just for the fun of it! Because of all the injured players fairland has and the dragons last year didn't seem to care if they ran the score up on opponents, actually it seems like the last few years...every chance they got. Burg don't run the score up like a lot of schools do, sadly. I like that Burg has a little compassion towards the teams they play and NOT run scores up to make them seem tougher! So I see valley winning this one 60s or 70s to 0! depending on how many tds the freshmen get againts fairland in the second half???? and that will make them look tougher than Da Burg!

:aaaaa92
Last edited by Piratefan2 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

PirateFan2 wrote:I would think that valley will run the score up high on fairland, just for the fun of it! Burg don't run the score up like a lot of schools do, sadly. I like that Burg has a little compassion towards the teams they play and NOT run scores up to make them seem tougher! So I see valley winning this one 60s or 70s to 0! and that will make them look tougher than Da Burg!

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in awhile.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

PirateFan2 wrote:I would think that valley will run the score up high on fairland, just for the fun of it! Burg don't run the score up like a lot of schools do, sadly. I like that Burg has a little compassion towards the teams they play and NOT run scores up to make them seem tougher! So I see valley winning this one 60s or 70s to 0! and that will make them look tougher than Da Burg!

Sunday evening comedy. Good one

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Fairland didn't mind running up the score last year on some teams! Had their best back who is injured this year in with under a minute to play to return a kickoff! He had earlier returned a punt for a TD. KARMA~ lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I DON'T THINK THAT'S GONNA HAPPEN FRIDAY.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Really??? Valley is know for victory formations on the one yard line! Lol they did it against ptown this year and walked away with a 1 point lead rather then an 8 point lead! Valley has more class than to run up the score! Now if valleys jv runs up the score then its whatever.. You can't tell kids not to go 100% because that's how people get hurt. Valley will win this game and do it with class as always!

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:

Really??? Valley is know for victory formations on the one yard line! Lol they did it against ptown this year and walked away with a 1 point lead rather then an 8 point lead! Valley has more class than to run up the score! Now if valleys jv runs up the score then its whatever.. You can't tell kids not to go 100% because that's how people get hurt. Valley will win this game and do it with class as always!

THANK YOU BURG GRAD!!! Much respect to you and the Burg program!!! LOVE seeing BOTH teams play and the class displayed by BOTH!!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Fairland wont be overlooked by Valley but this will be a lopsided score.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

lineman7 wrote:Who is out for Fairland and how long they out for?
Campbell, Sr., RB/LB - 2 more weeks (hopefully)
McKinney, Sr., OL/DL - hopefully back next week
Brewer, Sr., OL/DL - 2-3 more weeks
McComas, Sr., OL/DL - hopefully back next week
Rankin, Sr., TE/DL - questionable for this week
Damron, Jr., RB/DB - questionable for this week
Tucker, Jr., RB/DB - I believe 2 more weeks
Clay, So., RB/DB - 2-3 more weeks
Michael, So., TE/DL - may be back next week
Fisher, Fr., OL/DL - 2-3 more weeks

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

unclebob wrote:Fairland didn't mind running up the score last year on some teams! Had their best back who is injured this year in with under a minute to play to return a kickoff! He had earlier returned a punt for a TD. KARMA~ lol
If 31 points is "running the score up," I would hate to hear what you say about Valley (33pts) or Coal Grove (42pts) since both of their teams beat you by even more considerable margins.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

valley will win this game by what ever score they want.
Fairland is hurting this year as it shows.
Playoffs are out of the question for them so they may choose to regroup and focus on winning the OVC.
As far as LV running up the score I don't see them doing that and with major games still ahead of them taking a chance on getting any player more less a key player hurt would simply be foolish.
Score
LV 42 Fairland 12

Return to “Football”