Week 4: Portsmouth Trojans @ Waverly Tigers

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Week 4: Portsmouth Trojans @ Waverly Tigers

Post by ridgerunner »

It has been a tough 3 weeks for the Trojans. I see them getting into the win column in this one.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 4: Portsmouth Trojans @ Waverly Tigers

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Captain Awesome wrote:It has been a tough 3 weeks for the Trojans. I see them getting into the win column in this one.
i agree !!! what is oliver status ?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

I see this as a Waverly win especially without Oliver. Trojans go 0-4.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think Waverley gets this win. Portsmouth is really struggling right now. Waverley isn't doing much better but with oliver out Portsmouth won't win

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

I think it will come down to can Portsmouth's offense score against a Waverly defense that I think is better than advertised. I will take the Tigers on homecoming at home.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Portsmouth has a good football team. They lost AT Valley by one point. They were a dropped TD pass away from going up two scores well into the third quarter. They lost AT West by 3 points. They amassed about a million yards of offense. Without their starting all-star quarterback they lost AT Burg.

Waverly beat a nice Piketon team 34-6. They beat Washington C.H. 34-14. They lost to a very good Jackson team 23-0. It was 17-0 with two minutes left in the game.

This game is a dandy match-up. For Waverly to win their kids are going to have to come out hungry and ready to play. Go Tigers!

Rastus
Waterboy

Post by Rastus »

PHS relies too heavily on the big play. Missing just one player for a squad like the Trojans could have major scoring implications as long as he is out, Waverly going away 33-14

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Tough call. Without the Oliver kid I am leaning a little toward Waverly in an early week prediction...especially at home.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Two questions from Arizona: is Waverly in the SOC and does PHS play any home games this year!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

wipala wrote:Two questions from Arizona: is Waverly in the SOC and does PHS play any home games this year!
Logan plays down there week 6, I know that.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

wipala wrote:Two questions from Arizona: is Waverly in the SOC and does PHS play any home games this year!

Waverly is in the SOC II with Valley, Minford, Burg and Siders..

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Not Siders anymore, lol. I feel Portsmouth will be able to score more points than the Tigers, even without Oliver.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

toast wrote:Portsmouth has a good football team. They lost AT Valley by one point. They were a dropped TD pass away from going up two scores well into the third quarter. They lost AT West by 3 points. They amassed about a million yards of offense. Without their starting all-star quarterback they lost AT Burg.

Waverly beat a nice Piketon team 34-6. They beat Washington C.H. 34-14. They lost to a very good Jackson team 23-0. It was 17-0 with two minutes left in the game.

This game is a dandy match-up. For Waverly to win their kids are going to have to come out hungry and ready to play. Go Tigers!
Valley only beat Portsmouth by 1 point because they took a knee on the 1 and let time expire. They already had the game won so decided not to score again. Portsmouth has some good players but the just aren't meshing as a team! 52 will be a big key for Portsmouth's success on defense and Robinson will pretty much have to have the best game of his life for them to win this game.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Thanks, did not know for sure if Waverly was still in SOC. It seems PHS has played all their games on the road, is this true..what a messed up schedule., IMHO

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

wipala: The Trojans have their first home game vs. Ironton next week, and there will also be home games vs. Jackson, Logan, Warren, and Cincinnati Hughes. The only other road game will be vs. Gallia Academy.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:I think Waverley gets this win. Portsmouth is really struggling right now. Waverley isn't doing much better but with oliver out Portsmouth won't win
2-1 with 2 easy wins and a loss to a pretty good Jackson team is not near as bad as 0-3.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

i would be suprised if the oliver kid is playing this week. if he is he is one tough kid. watching him walk around onthe sidelines at the burg game he was really really favoring the leg. i thought the freshman played excellent. that was a 14 year old kid out there playing with 18 year olds. he is gonna be one heck of a player for the next 3 years. that was a pretty tough environment to make your first start in last week and i thought he played pretty good overall. i look for him to have a good game against waverly and lead the trojans to their first win of the season. portsmouth just needs to find a little defense and do a better job of tackling and better job blocking up front to give the the qb time to thorw the ball. the talent is there. fastest guys i have seen in a while.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Trojandave, thanks for the info. Thought maybe PHS was setting up next year with a bunch of home games

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton's games have all been away games as well, wheelersburg , Russell, Amanda clearcreek.then they are home Friday against Ashland , then back on the road against Portsmouth the week after. the wheels on the bus go round and round---------well you know the rest.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

what is the Freshmen qb,s name? Trojans opened up last year 4 straight at home I believe,When they opened the stadium it screwed things up a bit. The OVC move will end all of this

Return to “Football”